1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The January Transfer Window 2021-2022

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 11, 2021.

Discuss The January Transfer Window 2021-2022 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Which happens when he goes on the right, but don’t think it suits Jota best. Having a guy behind him who he has the option of passing too, occupying the midfielder on that side or else getting left a lot of open space on the corner of the box is when he’s been at his best. Making sure we get the best Jota and Kyogo is priority for me, and I don’t think having a player in the areas Jota would rather be in attacking as well helps that. He just needs support in and around him and for us to give him the space to play in.

2. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I disagree with you in that the right player pulls players off Jota and gives him more space. Having a player sit off and support Jota let’s two players mark Jota knowing the other player is just sitting behind and not really posing a threat.

Out on the right, Jota can’t cut in to pose a threat as much. Abada has the same issue on the right, but Abada is still developing a left foot shot and even scored with it earlier in the season.

But I can see we aren’t going to agree with each other on this one, so I’ll agree to disagree. I want a quality LB in the January window.

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That’s where I disagree, if Jura is left there unmarked they’re *. And stops a lot of the doubling up or making a midfielder move out of the space to track him, and that allows space for Rogic and Turnbull to move into. Works very well, which is why I think our left wing has been extremely dangerous.

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I honestly thought it was half way through we had player in but then again we never replaced the last few out going.

In areas we are thread bare and you only need to look at what happened when Kyogo got injured.

DD has ran us on the park unprofessionally, him and the others have * the fans time and time again.

Absolutely nothing has changed in the back room staff area of the board, we have a yes man in charge now, and that has me thinking that the last one made waves and walked.

Don’t kid yourself on that DD comes out after this summer with pass marks.

Him and the rest * the 10, you seem to forget that and that’s not running your business right.

Peej likes this.
  5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    How do I seem to forget that? He’s happy as long as the balance sheet looks good, but being in a disarrayed mess and not knowing who even answers people during negotiations is something he won’t accept.

I think Ange pushing in public and in private is why we did get so much business done

Hammy89 likes this.
  6. CountyDownFaithful

This is a huge window for us. A real chance to flex our financial strength and give us the impetus going into the business end of the season. With the CL money at stake as well as the title, this is the time to go all out and a big chance for the Board to start making amends.

Typically this is a hard window to do business but in one sense it’s great timing with the Japanese season finishing. Even outside of Japan, there will be players available who will
    improve us - we just need to find them and get the deals done.

I’d like to see Barkas and Ajeti moved on - their Celtic careers are finished and would free up some wages. Maybe loan a few of the younger lads out too - Uroghide, Shaw etc.

We definitely need to address a few positions:

1) Secondary GK - Siegrist from Dundee Utd would be ideal

2) Left Back. Really surprised at Taylor getting such a big extension, he’s only good enough to be a domestic back-up IMO. Bolingoli is in limbo, frozen out for ages then dropped into the first team then out again. Haven’t seen enough of Scales but I think he’s going to be used as a utility player across the defence.

3) MOST IMPORTANT FOR ME. Central Midfield. We need at least 2 in here to be honest. Someone who can play the 6 role as good as McGregor can but slightly more defensively minded. Then a number 10 who can compete with DT and Rogic.

4) Striker. Kyogo is our main man and when he goes off the whole team feels the loss of his energy. We need someone who can come on for Kyogo and replace his energy. Maeda looks like he could be the man for the job.

This looks a great squad

GK - Hart/NEW/Bain
    RB - Juranovic/Ralston
    CB - Jullien/CCV/Starfelt/Welsh/Scales
    LB - New/Boli/Taylor

CDM - McGregor/NEW/Bitton/McCarthy/Soro
    CAM - Turnbull/Rogic/NEW

RW - Abada/Forrest/Dembele
    LW - Jota/Johnston/Montgomery

ST - Kyogo/NEW/Greek

Creativecelt and Wee Baldy like this.
  7. bhoy81

Balance sheet would be much better if he managed us better.

He puts in little to no effort at all and gets a return.

I think Lawwells replacement pushed more and that’s why he is not here anymore.

martin_d likes this.
  8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Absolutely, but that’s a different argument. By a lot of the * that’s came out, he was also not the most competent for hs.

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    We cement CCV and Jota and get the bulk of the above "new" and I'd be ecstatic. We would finally have a squad capable of ending the season strong and starting the next in a strong position, no need to chase our * and be short.

I'd even accept 2 of the "new" positions being loans with options to buy. Assuming we cement CCV and Jota at the same time.

The backroom staff and board are woefully understaffed and * poor at their jobs, but for once, to see the squad be actively supported and given some foresight, would be a wonderful thing.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  10. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    On the face of it it seems like a huge ask but there are bargains to be had.

Siegrist would cost a minimal fee due to his contract expiring in the summer. He's definitely a step up from Bain but I can't see it happening unless we move on Barkas AND Bain, unfortunately. Personally, I would've settled for just Barkas out the door to go for Siegrist. £200k max. Although Forster is on a free in the summer...

Bjorkan, who plays left back for Bodo Glint, is highly rated and his contract expires at the end of December so he would be a free. Again, I have a feeling any movement for a left back depends on Boli leaving. I was very surprised that Taylor got an extension. I want him as back up at best.

Hatate's contract is up at the end of January. Playing in Japan, Ange must be aware of him and he would be great for our midfield.

Berg is the captain at Bodo Glint and only has a year left on his contract. He could be a great addition in the mix in our midfield.

And then the top of most people's wish list in January is Maeda and would be a great addition in the forward positions. The figures being circulated are between £1m and £2.5m, I believe.

You're looking at getting 5 of those players in for under £4m. If we sell Ajeti, Barkas and Boli, this is an easy step forward. I'd be really surprised if we're not looking at Hatate and Maeda already. I'd be disappointed if we're not looking at Berg and Bjorkan, especially for a modest fee for the former and the latter for free.

11. Mr Cleansheets

Would still love to see Mooy but probably unrealistic wages - wise, however much sense it makes with his family in Glasgow.

When are we going to see Lawal get a run? I've only seen a bit of him but he's got such a presence. Couple of others in the B team look like players also.

Wee Baldy and martin_d like this.
  12. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Bain, Boli Taylor McCarthy and Soro, for me, can also go. Need better.

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You’d need two LB’s and two CDM’s in before you even entertain the thought of letting them leave.

14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Taylor just signed a new contract, so isn't going. Gettrid of both of your left backs means 2 new left backs who need to adapt to playing style. Mccarthy isn't going anywhere and we know it. Out of those 4 I'd only get rid of Boli right now, Soro maybe in the summer.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  15. bhoy81

The fact of the matter is, DD has let things get into such a mess once again we have to completely rebuild.

this is not the first time it’s happened under his stewardship.

For me to say he wouldn’t let things happens is not true. We should be light years ahead of them and we aren’t.

They should never have had the chance to come back so quickly and his and the rest of the boards ego and arrogance let it happen.

Asleep at the wheel? More like in a * coma.

We are not going to agree regarding him and his parasites.

16. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Dont think so, only one LB needed, would still have Monty, Scales and Josip who have all played LB.
    CDM maybe need 2 but for sure need one at this next window, so get your thinking there.

17. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    This will be major for us if we want to go to the next level as well as winning our title back. No one knows who the next hun manager or what type of effect he will have and no one knows exactly how much (dodgy)money he will have available to improve their squad however, if history tells us, the feckers will get money from somewhere and, as is their way, will recklessly throw every last penny of it to win the league to get CL football

18. CountyDownFaithful

Not going to get it all done in one window and Taylor is here to stay whether we like or not. Same goes for McCarthy. Both on long term deals.

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The deals can be found and would be great to get all them in at those values.

As you say as well, we could sell Ajeti, barkas, boli and cover the cost of these players with a bit spare.

I'd be surprised if ccv and Jota aren't already accounted for within this season's "budget" as they would surely need to be triggered to stay before we got to next season's finances.
    So surely we can still expect another £4-5million spent in January?

Ajeti, barkas and boli could arguably bring in £7-8 million between them and cover January and CCV being tied down. Just Jota money to be "found" although as I say, I'd expect that to already be budgeted for.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

NomDePlum likes this.
  20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Again a completely different point to what I’m making.