1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    The cheek of it!

AussieGreek and Hammy89 like this.
  2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Great start but talk of stepping stones are definitely premature, we've won nothing as of yet..

Also can't see Ange doing a Rodgers/Gerrard seems to have much more integrity than that..

However if an EPL does try to tempt him in 3 or 10 seasons it will be because he's been a success, so all good and that's football.

3. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I hope we are looking for Ange’s replacement as we speak.

Liam Scales likes this.
  4. Maestro 08

One of his most recent interviews seemed to give the impression that he wants to be here for the long haul.

I think it's more his supporters back in Oz that are willing it as a stepping stone for themselves more than anything as a justification of the game over there.

FairDinkumMate likes this.
  5. Kiro Kompiro

Of that there is no doubt.

OTOH he has form..at Brisbane he promised them a dynasty-and you can quote that- but when the biggest club in the land came calling, off he went, although it was said he never signed a contract to stay at Brisbane. The difference now of course is he already is at the biggest club in the land, but that doesn't change that he is a ruthlessly ambitious man.

If he does move on, it will be because Celtic has done well so really it would be a win-win.

6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    How many managers are going to arrive at a club like Celtic and say “nah, probably not planning on being here for too long”. Add in the while the reality that he has almost no reputation in European football and it would rightly be criticised.

Football, for managers moreso than anyone else arguably, is fickle as *. It was only about a month ago that there was a small element of the support openly questioning Ange’s ability. As well as he’s done to get everyone on side, he’s not daft to the reality that we’re only ever a couple of results away from a crisis.

None of this is a knock on the guy, or us as a club, but the reality is he has no connection here, and will be as ambitious as anyone else in the game - arguably even more money driven given that he’s probably not massively wealthy.

I dunno man, fans expect a lot in terms of loyalty from players and managers but are massively fickle themselves. It’s all miles away because Ange isn’t going to be highly sought after unless he’s successful here, and that’s enough for me, but I’m not going to kid myself that he’s going to be turning down a move to the Premiership, trebling his wages in the process, if it came to that.

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Need to back him tho.

Sydneysider and joemc like this.
  8. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Just over a month a go there was talk of Ange not cutting it on here, now people are getting upset about him leaving us and arguing about it. :56:

Got to love this forum never dull.

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Postecoglou being likely to want a job at a bigger club or league in the future, isn't a surprise to anyone.

10. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
  11. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Looking on wiki, he's barely managed a club longer than 3 years, so I doubt it'll be much different here.

12. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Lets get it right, there are very few bigger clubs than Celtic, but unfortunately due to the league we play in there are quite a few bigger Leagues. The EPL being the obvious one. Who are the 'bigger clubs' than Celtic in the EPL? Man United and Liverpool possibly, outwith that I cant see a bigger club than Celtic.

johnboy19 and eire4 like this.
  13. FairDinkumMate

I think Ange is honoured to be Celtic manager and will be in no rush to move on. If he does win the title he has direct entry to CL ..more attractive than taking on a lowly EPL side.

14. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    He has a W on each cheek "wow"

Hammy89 likes this.
  15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Which clubs are bigger than us will largely depend on who you ask, but it doesn't really matter. There are plenty of big clubs that would appeal to him.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  16. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    I'm under no illusion that if ange has even a couple successful seasons here and an epl club (not relegation fodder though) comes calling that its probably likely that he will go, I only hope if it happens that it will be in the off season. He did leave marinos to come here in the middle of thier season after all.

thefutebollover likes this.
  17. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon got us to the CL last 16, beating Barca and winning league titles and the only club that wanted him was Bolton. I don’t think we need to worry too much. Their snobbery will work against them with regards to Ange.

The big Viduka likes this.
  18. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It's a genuine opinion. This is a Celtic supporters' site. I'd expect that all of us hold Celtic dear to our heart with the understanding that Celtic is about much more than just results on the park. There's no other club like Celtic. No other supporters like Celtic supporters. I genuinely think we are the best club in the world.

eire4 likes this.
  19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We're nowhere near it.

20. celtic20

We really should know better than to believe this in my view. If Postecoglou got offered an EPL gig he would be off as well.