1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Found out that he’s overrated and living off his playing reputation.

There are 20 teams in the PL. It’s the biggest league in the world. Out of the other top 5 leagues there are probably 5 teams per league that are considered on equal with PL team coaching. After that, the next 10 leagues have about 2 teams on par with the PL.

But as we’ve seen with Gerrard and Rodgers, the PL is a desirable place to be. So essentially I’d say you need to be in the top 50 managers to manage in the PL.

Personally I don’t think Gerrard has done enough to be in that top 50, so he had to go now on the back of his high playing reputation and his one trophy because if he didn’t and Ange started winning all the trophies, he’d be found out as not up to the standard.

Agree, Ange is class and Gerrard recognised that.

2. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Anything that gets Rangers off balance is a good thing . Psychologically the club have been rocked and are in shock with Gerard going. It will take them time to take stock and get their coaching staff in order, even though they have McCallister as their no.2 on the bench.

They will be looking for a new coach to take charge at this stage of the season and that will take time to get a manager that is the right fit for them.

Chaos and confusion to your opponents. I had posted early in the year when Ange was announced as manager that he would have the Rangers team shaking in their boots. Looks like the time looks good for a Rangers thrashing in the new year.

3. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Ange genuinely doesn't give a fiddlers * about Sevco.

You can see that EVERY time the rags try to drag him into mentioning them for clickbait.

He won't be looking at SSN, eager to see what names are being linked and who says what, and who he might need to take a look at.

The only thing he's looking at is his own players. His own squad, set up, and progress.
    He's got an unshakable focus on making sure his vision for our way of playing is fulfilled, then it won't matter which new Uber Hun the media wanna try to get him to name drop.

Welcome to the age of Ange. They're not even on our radar.

4. Sydneysider

Gerrards value to the hun Board was solely as a well known Liverpool / England player : a Marquee signing of sorts. He was a decent manager but one who also had a very good backroom team.

But one trophy in three years despite having only one real threat ?

Gerrard is smart enough to quit when he is ahead. Neil L and his dysfunctional squad gifted the title to the huns and Gerrard knew it. He didnt even need the help of our impartial, trustworthy officials.

5. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    The guy just oozes class, such a refreshing change from Lennon's toxicity and the rat's ego.

JC Anton likes this.
  6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He was more than decent for them, the European runs show that.

MAP likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. kenyan_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I met Ange at Glasgow Airport last night with my brothers! Was behind us in the security queue with his family and we couldn't believe it at first. Shook his hand and thanked him for the job so far. Hope I haven't somehow given him the rona :( .Think he was heading to London like us but not sure. Brother is absolutely chuffed!

AussieGreek, Twisty, JC Anton and 4 others like this.
  9. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    If I saw the great man in public, I'm certain I'd get a fit of the vapours and faint on the spot.

[​IMG]

MAP and Rydo1888* like this.
  10. Mr Cleansheets

Thing about Gerrard, you knew from the start that the ultimate target for him was the EPL and eventually Liverpool. Even the stupidest knuckle-dragging rat-boy huns would've been aware from teh time he was appointed that he was using them as a stepping stone.

I firmly believe that the EPL is not on Ange's radar. In all likelihood it will be one day when he is constantly head-hunted by agents (and his many links at the top of the game) but for now... he's Celtic to the core and wanting only success for the Hoops. He will want to create a legend before he even thinks of moving on.

George Theodorou likes this.
  11. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    No Gavin Strachan have we finally punted him

12. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ange mentioned him but said he couldn't make it because of a previous engagement

JC Anton likes this.
  13. thefutebollover

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota and Kyogo
    I wouldn’t be so sure. He is ambitious and wants to coach at the highest level but it depends on the club that comes for him. I don’t think he’ll want to go to a club that’s in a mess like he did with Celtic. Celtic was his way back into Europe so he took the risk. He won’t take that risk again.

14. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    His way back in?

15. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Where's my ange cardboard cut out? :ange:

Twisty likes this.
  16. Kiro Kompiro

He coached in Greece.

17. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I had heard that but thought that was at an very low-level so had sort of discounted it.

Surely he could have got that sort of role again at that level years ago?

18. Kiro Kompiro

100% this.

He is a very driven and ambitious person, some would say selfish (not that's bad thing- on the pitch or the training track he is known for developing a strong rapport with his players but at the same time keeping a distance from them-he did that with the Aussie players too). Again that's not a bad thing-it keeps him focused without allowing fear or favour to influence team selections, or influencing him making the hard calls about who plays and who gets dropped

Interesting reading some comments demanding that he focus on winning the league after he rested key players for European games. I have no doubt in my mind that he sees performing on the continent Europe every bit as important as the domestic league. He wants to test himself in Europe, but more than that he wants to be noticed in Europe.

To be fair, Celtic is one of he great clubs in the world, but he has ambitions coaching beyond the SPL.

Of course, he has a lot more to do to prove himself, make no mistake Europe is where he wants to ultimately end up.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    AussieGreek and thefutebollover like this.
  19. Kiro Kompiro

His career was just about done. He was working for Murdoch's Fox Sport. when he was thrown a lifeline at Brisbane Roar. Brisbane was at the time in bit of a shambles, and he basically gutted the playing roster, the coaches to create a team that IMO played the best football in Australian history ( and still is, IMO).

His rise has been truly extraordinary fair play to him.

20. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    hopefully that circus across the city doesn't skew folks expectations for this season, although i do think we will go on to win the league, it will be bumpy along the way.

We're on an upwards trajectory most importantly and i think that will see us over the line.

Hopefully no more toys out the pram if we don't get a win from now on.

* the huns.

Ipswichbhoy67 likes this.