1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    That's the point i was making about the Board having supporters by the bawz lol, no matter what happens they won't allow supporters to dictate their decision making, as i said i'm all for protests but thought todays was just silly tbh.

tinyheadbhoy likes this.
  2. Bhoys_Army Ange’s Fenian Army !! Gold Member

Aye, it brought attention but thought it was cringe.

3. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Funny how in England for remembrance day its a minutes applause, but here it's a minutes silence:43:.

We should display white poppy banners (and purple) and respectfully applaud through the minutes silence.

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Supporters should've turned their backs and done the moonie, to show we are being run by a bunch of arseholes. :56:

5. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Big fecking hairy arses on the telly just as we are eating our lunch :56::56:

The Prof likes this.
  6. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I’m all for protesting against the board, but doing so at the detriment of the team isn’t the answer. Half an hour without vocal support is detrimental, causing distraction to the team is detrimental.

Support the team, * the board.

greengrocer and The Prof like this.
  7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Lol irony.

8. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Interesting thread :56:

9. G40B

If anyone has a problem with the Republican ‘element’ in the support, they’ll probably want to support a new club if they read the history of Celtic.

I’d start by reading up on Michael Davitt.

10. jambo_cfc

Hate how celtic fans are crucified for there beliefs and history! Freedom of speech ! Dont agree with them forcing remembrance sunday within football, if clubs cannot support there own views and values then why should we be forced to support others!

MickeyyMack likes this.
  11. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

The whole remembrance season was intended to be a show of respect and dignity. Now it’s just a complete comedy act - mascots dressed as poppies, soldiers abseiling off stadiums like action man and folk now wearing poppies the size of dinner plates. The meaning has been completely lost now and is nothing more than a British propaganda drum. Get the whole thing in the bin.

12. leeso-ardoyne

I wouldn't care about a silly fine for highlighting something like this! If they are bringing the poppy into football, only right we show them how scum * they are!

murphy88 likes this.
  13. john2061

Totally agree that stoppage yesterday could had affected the players and gladly we got a result and last week well the atmosphere for the first half hour was like a game with no fans .
    I'm all for protests but not if it's going to have a effect on the team and anyway this board couldn't give a * about protests they only care about incoming money which is season tickets .

merthyn and McGrory1888 like this.
  14. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    This "rememberance" * is another form of influence and control, in order to rewrite history.

If the gov, or the spl, or the SFA asked me to stand up and respect the soldiers of WW1 or 2, then absolutely, no issue whatsoever.

Asking people to show respect for the multitudes of imperial invasions, ethic cleansings, engineered famines, stolen languages, cultures, histories, artifacts, wars for oil, wars for territory, wars of aggression against France, Portugal, Spain, India, Ireland, .... The list goes on.

They can suck my *.

As long as I have breath in my lungs I will boo that *.

I won't be publicly shamed into buying into the meme of Britain's Glorious Dead.

thailandceltic and Double Dutch like this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Plastic paddies who pay British taxes or claim British benefits should stop supporting a “British” team?

That could have been lifted verbatim from a hun forum. I would be ashamed to be a Tim and hold views like that. Sickening.

Damnati, jake10, Cena and 1 other person like this.
  17. scootz

I didn’t like the ‘tennis ball’ protest. As others have said, it disrupted the players - and that’s not cool… in fact, it was just plain * stupid!

And to do it after a disrupted silence!? For me, it just made those involved look like a shower of *.

Let’s be clear - I hate criticising fellow Tim’s, but at the end of the day I feel we can do MUCH better than that *-show on Sunday. We pride ourselves on being an intelligent and informed fan base - sadly, I felt that the ‘intelligent’ part was sorely missing at the weekend.

I can intelligently defend the opposition to Bernard Higgins’ appointment… I can intelligently defend celebrating those who (genuinely) fought for Irish freedom… I can intelligently defend those who do not wish to buy / wear a poppy… I can intelligently defend a general anti-British sentiment.

Sadly though, I can’t defend (intelligently or otherwise) the disruption of our players, or the disruption of an Armistice silence. Both seemed extremely childish and selfish to me.

I stand by my comments in an earlier post that I don’t believe we should have an Armistice silence at any time other than 11:11:11. For me it devalues the relevance of the act. I can’t use that as an excuse for the disruption though - that would be an exercise in pure whataboutery. Most folks still see it (as I do) as a moment of reflection for those who perished in the 1st and 2nd. Jeering it was classless, and ultimately pointless!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  18. Mr. Slippyfist

What * said this????

Name and shame…

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Noskeil

20. villa82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny Mc Grain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    What I found out,is play the long game,I don't have a problem with the minute silent, do what the enemy doesn't expect you to do,then watch them go into meltdown