1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Diggler

Kyogo is well on the way to cult status. He is a fantastic footballer; top class operator who at 26 and on a 4 year deal should be leading our line for a few years to come. Enjoy him whilst he is here.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Going by the comments in this thread he already has it.

Personally think folk are getting a bit ahead of themselves tbh.

bhoy81 and martin_d like this.
  3. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    I'm hoping this is sarcasm. Compare him at the end of his celtic career not a few games in. As for now there is no way in * you can make a judgement, plain stupid.

King of Kings and martin_d like this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

What song do you listen to before the match? What was your favorite player when you were a kid? Etc.
    Furuhashi players gave me the answer to the question of Twitter fans!

https://sports.yahoo.co.jp/video/player/5699131

To the questions of the fans
    @Kyogo_Furuhashi
    Answered

the 4th ⃣ The question chosen at the time is ... "What was the best stadium so far?"

5. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Unfortunately your logic is flawed. We normally sell younger players to the EPL because the great finds we get are normally very young gambles when we sign them
    ( wanyama 20 , VVD 22, KT debut at 18 , Dembele 20 , Edoaurd 20 ) Players that show they have the ability to play at that level normally stay at Celtic for 2 seasons , maybe 3 . So eventually move on 22-25. This is a result of us buying very young and those talents only staying in Scotland 2-3 seasons....and not an indication that EPL clubs are unwilling to sign 27 year olds. Kyogo will absolutely be sought after and will very likely move on after a couple of seasons.

Wllm likes this.
  6. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    My line of thought aswell. Generally teams buying talent from us has been the unwritten rule over the years but if you are good enough, you'll get bids. With the fitness levels and care of modern footballers, Kyogo could easily give us a few years and not lose a yard of pace if he moves on.

7. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    It depends on the clubs that come in for him but I don't see clubs splashing that much on a striker that is 28 unless he scores 40 in a season up here or scores in the champions league.

Liam Scales likes this.
  8. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Thats not flawed logic.

The average age of a new premier league signing is 24 years old. In a couple of seasons time, Kyogo will be 28. That’s not to say it won’t happen, but Premiership teams signing 28 year old players from smaller leagues, is definitely something you see less of.

Liam Scales likes this.
  9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

His age will be immaterial to Premiership sides if he continues on the path he has started on, he’s just coming into his prime.

That being said, I don’t see the need to even have this discussion as he’s only in the door, just enjoy having a class act in the hoops - * the English Premiership.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Wllm likes this.
  11. marty89

Carers trajectories depend on the player. We are used to young guys coming in with a stated goal of making it to the EPL.

I think/hope he will be more along the lines of Nakamura, even more so with Kyogo's connection to Iniesta, who moved to spain and then back to Japan.

For young European minded players the dream is to make it in the EPL however, similar to Ange as a manager, the dream of a lot of Non-European players is simply to make it in Europe.

A big factor is personality and this guy's seems as humble as they come as was Henrik.

Another factor is team progression and managerial continuity which to me looks to be on an upward trajectory.

Also levels, the honour of playing in the Champions League may be a big factor and as we all know you aren't going to get at a mid to low tier English side.

Time will tell but I think given the calibre of players we've had stay and the trajectory of the buy young sell high model there is a big feeling in the support that we are punching right now.

12. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Kyogo looks brilliant but wait till he scores hat-tricks against them and score in the champions league before we say he is levels ahead at this time.

Long may his form continue.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Sleekit fat Sally on the Scottish football show trying to make out he's a diving *..

Funny I've never heard him say anything of the sort about Morelos in 3 or 4 year :87:

Hammy89 likes this.
  14. Born green

I wouldn't bet against that.

As others have said, EPL teams may not sign a 28 year old, but La Liga and German teams definitely will.

King of Kings likes this.
  15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He could've scored a hatrick in most games if he never got too excited and missed a good few sitters :56:

But ill * love it if he scores a hatrick against them. Start him up top, in the middle and he will score though.

He'll score in the champions league easily imo. The space for his type of game is perfect. Obviously that's if we can get it out our own half :fear:

Anyway... whens the Christmas video out? I need my we elf kyogo :56:

16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Every hun and their mum was at that after the Livi game saying it was a dive.

He got slapped in the face. Couldn't give a * if he did three somersaults afterwards.

It's classic hypocrisy of a hun though. If Ralston stamped on Morelos back in the next derby, there will be genuine phone calls to the polis about it.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

You mean if he stamped within 1m and he done 8 summersaults for zero contact they'd still be on the phone to them calling it an assault:56:

Hammy89 likes this.
  18. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    They may, but I don't think they will offer that much. Lots of the Spanish and German top flight teams don't have masses of cash like PL teams do. If they offered less than £10m I don't think we'd sell unless we have other strikers already with us who can score goals.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    You couldn't mark their necks man, honestly..

The guy's been diving and rolling about in every game for about 3/4 year since he first walked in, yet the one time we have a player who 'milks' a challenge and he's being labelled a diver/cheat..

Goldson, Kent, Hagi, Aribo....they're all at it with diving as well..

We've had guy's booted in the chest and studs all down their leg's from horror tackles....yet none of them rolled about. Infact, McGregor has had it twice this season and hasn't rolled about once. Something I think him and Carter-Vickers should be doing in those situations..

You think Goldson gets booted in the chest on the deck or Morelos gets those studs down him, they aren't milking it for age's? He's down near on greeting when he gets shoulder barged to the deck. Look at that plaster and inquest he got for week's after the Dundee United just nicked him on the follow through. Lol..

Hammy89 likes this.
  20. Sgt Neppers*

We have dropped points in five of 12 SPFL matches this season, Kyogo didn't start at centre forward in any of those matches.

Let's not keep making these mistakes Ange. Kyogo can take all of January off after the win on Jan 2nd.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    Forza 67 and King of Kings like this.