1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cameron Carter-Vickers.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Thumb, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Cameron Carter-Vickers. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Diggler

Totally disagree. Julien was an excellent centre back and a leader. He was a threat at set pieces and will be a massive boost for us when he comes back.

Damnati and King of Kings like this.
  2. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    If only we had the same type of money the huns seem to have had over the last few years......wait a minute:fear:

NomDePlum likes this.
  3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    In Jullien's first season I thought he was great at dealing with opposition crosses and high balls too. Last season, well it was a mess front to back, but a big tall * who could nullify how half the teams in our league attack us.

4. oh bhoy

I know all the chat is about getting jota signed up but I think we need to get ccv bought too he has been brilliant

Peej and Slaw like this.
  5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

No need to * 15 million in January? CCV and Jota would cost 10 or thereabouts and given Jota’s resale it’s a no brainer.

Won’t come down to the value and there being a ceiling, it will be taken on each individual deals merit and at this time both CCV and Jota are getting better with each passing game and make perfect sense to at the very least try and sign.

Peej likes this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    With Starfelt slowly but surely fitting in, Welsh emerging as a good talent and Julien due back, it would be madness NOT to make CCV deal permanent and actually settle in to next season with 4 viable CB options.

Would be the first time in many a year that we would be able to end the season and restart a new season with a solid and steady 4 CB options to go in to the early UCL games - planning for the fact we may need to do some qualifications.

With it so easily within our grasp, getting CCV tied down would make perfect sense for once.

As would the aforementioned Jota deal. Again, being able to go in to next season early on with an established left and right wing options would be brilliant for once.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The board will push non-urgent deals til the summer after next year's season book money is in.

I can see Jota being signed but I suspect they'll push back signing CCV.

We've never spent £15m in a January before and I don't think this will be the time we see it either.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Again, don’t think what we’ve spent in the past will matter a jot. If it makes business sense (and at this point it absolutely does) there will be at least an attempt to do it IMO.

9. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I would be incredibly surprised if the Celtic board budgeted for anything like 15m for January. It's just not how clubs budget's work. You set it out at the start of the season and we spent almost 20m in the summer on transfer fees alone.

At a push, they might do the Jota deal as our main January transfer, but I don't see us spending 15 million.

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    In that case then, wouldn't we have already budgeted for Jota at this stage?

With the option to buy, that money is coming out the clubs pocket either now, January, or June.
    Either way, it's in this season's/years accounts. So I'm assuming we budgeted for this in the summers figures (not saying we automatically add it to the summer spend, but it will be within the seasons budget).

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If we had a competent board I would optimistic of that. History tells us though...

murphy88 likes this.
  12. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Together they will cost the same total we spent collectively on Barkas and Ajeti. It’s a no-brainer, even for this shower of a board.

King Kwon likes this.
  13. john2061

We have Jota and ccv till end of the season and the board will wait till end of the season to buy them and think we need attacking midfielders and striker in January .

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We need 4 Senior CBs at a club our size. Starfelt, Jullien and CCV fit that and Welsh is growing into it.

I'd definitely make his move permanent for the price quoted.

It does still concern me the lack of height we have not just at the back but right throughout the team. I feel this has contributed to the 8 out of 9 goals conceded from cross balls chat in the SPL.

We are a small side. Jullien coming back should help but a taller pacey CB would be good. But won't happen unless CCV leaves. You've got Scales there there who can play there.

15. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I think we are at a stage where its who will be starting alongside CCV for the second half of the season. But i have our order as:

CCV
    Jullien
    Starfelt
    Welsh
    Bitton
    Scales

16. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Is there any need to push this one through at January window?? He is here for a year, so we should just wait. Won’t cost any more at seasons end, only thing is if he really kicks on second half of season, he may turn his snout up at us and have some takers in England lined up

17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Totally agree. Given the heavy workload of games we face every season we need 4 what you could call senior center backs and I would say Jullien, Starfelt, CCV and Welsh would fit that for me right now with Dane Murray as the emerging prospect who maybe gets some game time when an opportunity arises. Personally from what I have seen of CCV I would be happy to see us take up the option to buy him on a permanent deal.

18. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Jullien could be * though, he's only played 15 games since March 2020 and only in 2 short spells from early August till early September and then Late November till late December 2020. So been fit and training and playing for about 2 months of the last 20 months.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  19. murphy88

Aye, this board cannot be trusted to make the right decision, regardless if it makes business sense or not. It made business sense to get rid of Lennon last Xmas when we still had a chance of winning the 10. It made business sense to sign McGinn. It would make business sense to go into Champions League qualifiers not needing half a team.

20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He should be made a priority for a permanent deal. At 23 he'll be coming into his peak years and that would be great to have a still improving but already competent centre back for a couple of seasons.

Wllm and The_Bhoy like this.