1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ferencvaros 2 - 3 Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Oct 30, 2021.

Discuss Ferencvaros 2 - 3 Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    It is depressing but it got them a point, if we went to Leverkusen and played the way Livingston played against us on Saturday and stole a point we’d be saying it was a masterclass in defending,

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

If somebody accused me of being a hun I would burn this * forum to the ground. I would never stand for that *. I would rather get banned from the internet than be accused of that.

Seems some people take a perverse pleasure in winding folk up.

Weirdos.

3. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Really finding it hard to resist replying to this post with the obvious :eek1: @Mxyzptlk !!! * you've really lined this one up.

p.s. didn't realise the internet was flammable. You learn something new everyday.

JC Anton likes this.
  4. Celticbhoy97

Just back in from the pub watching 4 points 1)Kyogo the man is our best Marksman since Larsson in Europe atleast not seen another ST in the hoops make more of an impact 2) sign Jota Now! 3) as comfortable of a 3-2 you’ll ever see away from home major corner turned cheers to the manager 4) guaranteed European football after Xmas as a fan would you rather a run in conference or to sneak through 2nd?

JML67 and NomDePlum like this.
  5. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Yes. Also noted that Ange had tweaked how he set up the team.
    Our wingers were playing closer in and not obsessed with going wide to the touchline and making late crosses. There was more variety in our attacking game. We were shooting from outside the box and none of this lateral repetitive passing from left to right. Also early crosses. The goals were not rushed attempted shots at goal. All 3 goals were taken well and deliberately placed . Very glad to see Abada shooting low and scoring.
    McGregor was dynamic playing further forward. He created the third goal with his tenacity in the middle of our final third.

kramer1 and Wee Baldy like this.
  6. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Would have preferred it was done in stages, it also runs down the clock and interrupts the momentum of the team trying to beat you.

7. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Scored one, gave the assist for Kyogo to score.

8. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Yes, noted that. * cheat he is.

9. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Would like to see Jota take the free kicks outside the 18 yrd box if the ball is placed near the vertical line, not the horizontal. Turnbull took the kick in the first half and made a mess of it.

Jota is very accurate with the ball. I believe he has the ability to curl the ball inside the near post, and also inside the far post to score from such a position.

10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Can anyone clear this up for me? I was told or possibly read on here that 2nd place doesn't qualify to next round and there's playoffs but can't see anything on Google.

Is it a lot of * or have they rejigged the knockouts?

11. KevMan

1st place goes straight into last 16, 2nd place goes into round of 32 against a CL dropout

JML67 likes this.
  12. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Cheers mate

13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Yes, and the way to do that is to let go of the fear of losing possession. Make that suicidal run at defenders, make that risky pass through the legs of three players. If they intercept, they'll launch a counterattack and be out of defensive positions, and then, we can stop their counter and launch one of our own.

George Theodorou likes this.
  14. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Some decent 2nd placed teams as it stands we could draw in the ELC knockout play offs. Roma, Spurs, Slavia, Basel to name a few.

Can’t beat going to work on a Friday after a win in Europe on a Thursday. There is no such thing as a hangover on these occasions.

NomDePlum likes this.
  15. oh bhoy

i thought it was very good performance but they scored twice from us giving the ball away in dangerous areas .the stupid mistakes almost cancelled out all the great play at the other end. how the * did welsh get booked for recieving a forearm smash on the neck ,i thought var was to help referees come to the correct decision

16. leeso-ardoyne

Not for me it wasn't. 335e for a fiver 66/1 kyogo 3-2 to us. Only time I've cheered a goal against us. :yeah:

17. leeso-ardoyne

As for the game itself and a few picking holes in it. Behave yourselves! It's football, it ain't always going to everything we want. A win away in Europe is always a bonus and I was chuffed to * after it. European football after xmass is great in Anges first season and once he gets his own team, I do expect a great run in Europe and possibly another final either in the uefa cup or this new cup.

18. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Because they look very similiar

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Unfortunately Betis getting a point in the head to head with Bayern will probably make it too much for us, can't see us taking anything in Germany.

Wllm likes this.
  20. AussieGreek

Filthy odds.