1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I don't think it's a huge blow at all..

Basically a write off for Livi at home and Dundee away next week domestically. No flying round the world for the international break..

It couldn't have came at a better time for us really..

Wee breather and back for the harder game's to come..

2. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    We should be beating Livingston and Dundee without Rogic very easily, Dundee just lost 5-0 to ross County as home, we could probably afford to play Barkas there.

If I were Ange, I'd use this time to slighty experiment with the team, try Giakoumakis and Kyogo up top together, or Abada/Johnston in the number 10 role.

Hammy89 and McChiellini.. like this.
  3. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Yes massive blow that. Should have enough to beat Livi and Dundee. Ferencvaros away is where I fear we’ll miss him.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I don't care about Europe or the Aussie internationals. Selfishly only interested in getting him back fit for our domestic run and it's about as good a time as any we'll get for him to pick his annually injury up..

Hammy89 likes this.
  5. Benzene Gold Member Gold Member

Good call from Ange to not let him continue, especially if Rogic was pushing for it

6. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Gutted to lose him but it gives us the opportunity to use Calmac in a more advanced role and also give Bitton a chance to build on some decent form. OR use Jota or Mikey through the middle which could be a decent project.

Hammy89 likes this.
  7. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I care about every game, and I’m sure the players do too. I want that W in Hungary.

Gonna miss him for the Aussie games, need both victories this break so we can sail home. A loss and it’s a fight to the end. But none of that really matters to you :giggle1:

8. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Two up top, don't wanna see Bitton anywhere near the side.

mayo likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    2-3 weeks is actually not bad at all. Rogic has been playing a lot of football this season - not that that is a bad thing - and we should have enough options against Livi, and hopefully v Ferencvaros also next week.

Thet time scale also rules out Rogic linking up with the Australian NT, which is, low key, a relief also and should mean he is back and raring to go after a bit of a break and ripping into the fictures over Nov & Dec, whihc can be pretty hectic, to say the least.

eire4 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  11. StevieBhoooy!

Quite pleased he will miss the international * err ..matches….

Is Ange making a cunningly tactical precautionary move to make sure we have him fit for the run up to January? :34:

Maybe take Kyogo off in 89th tomorrow as a precaution as well.

12. Sgt Neppers*

Glass half full logic, I like it. Enough to win without him at home tomorrow and Dundee next week. Then no round the world trip the week after. Back refreshed for the games up to the Scum at home. Could have been a far worse position.

13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I was thinking exactly the same about having McGregor further forward on the pitch. We all know how dangerous he is in advanced position. I was thinking of playing McCarthy behind him though.

Regardless, have options of covering Rogic, which couldn't be said a few weeks ago.

Leone Naka Fan and Double Dutch like this.
  14. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    I'dnever risk playing Barkas again tbh. Even in friendlies.

15. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Thing with McCarthy is he hasn't had any minutes in a good while, which tells me he isn't up to scratch. Bitton has at least looked decent when he's come on last few weeks.

Need better options in there no matter who plays tomorrow.

Hammy89 likes this.
  16. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I agree with that mate- no set the heather alight since he’s came but genuinely still think McCarthy is a really good football player and has plenty to offer if an it is the big if he could get a run of games he could slot in nicely and push mcgregor further forward

eire4 and Hammy89 like this.
  17. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    A know mate people he flies from Scotland to Australia- then from somewhere like Australia to Thailand, then Thailand back to Australia, plays another match then Australia back to Scotland, even if he gets through both games unscathed that would knock absolute * out your system for a good few days, so no disrespect to the oz guys on the forum but well glad hes missing the international break

18. AussieGreek

Pffft, Celtic winning the league is a bigger priority than Rogic playing for Australia.

19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Obviously I would rather Rogic was fit and available. But thankfully it is just a short term deal and given the timing it is not too bad. Domestically we still have good options for the next 2 games and for the European game in between playing Biton a true holding midfielder might have been a better idea anyway and we hopefully still have enough to get a result there in Hungary. Plus there is the added bonus that he misses the next international window so now no travelling across the world to play multiple games and back. All in all that should leave Rogic fit and rested to return after the next international window.

Taz likes this.
  20. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    I stumbled across a Scottish Sun article from 2016 when Rogic was being linked with a move to the Premier League, in which Ange is quoted as saying that he thinks he would be better off staying at Celtic. He also spoke about how Tommy is the type who really needs to be playing regularly to be at his best, which Ange has certainly had him doing since coming in. Hopefully this rest does him good and doesn't set him back.