1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Suggestions

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CheGuevara, Jul 19, 2021.

Discuss Player Suggestions in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    And you somehow thinks that an argument for Ramsay signing?
    Again, why the * would Ramsay even consider coming here considering that?

‘we don’t even start our Croatian internationalist RB in his position because of Tony Ralston so sign here and go back to Aberdeen for a bit until we think you’re ready’.

I’m not saying it’s a foreign concept to loan players back. But when it’s ‘the best prospect in Scotland’ it doesn’t make any sense considering, again, Ralston is playing RB for us.

2. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik

Again mate, games and development. Better wages. The prospect of being at a top club and winning medals at the end of it.

you brought up Ralston. I made the point that he would most likely be playing behind Juranovic. Its not even because of Ralston, its because of injuries to Juranovic and a left back. You are just trolling now mate.

Just because he is a top prospect, doesnt mean he would go straight in anywhere. The whole point on loaning him back would be to keep getting him games, to continue his development and keep getting him game time.

Cant be clearer, seems to go right over your head. Ralston tho eh?

3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Think it would've worked if he hadn't hit such form and been the best Aberdeen player this year.

4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Ralston being second choice behind Juranovic is actually more an argument for Ramsay telling us to * off.

‘Our first choice RB doesn’t even play RB for us but somehow Ramsay will jump at the chance to come here…’ Okay.

Man United wouldn’t be loaning him out to Aberdeen for years until they decide he’s good enough or not to play for them though.

It’s not hard. Ramsay’s not some kid who’s came out of nowhere. He’s been known for years how good he was and turned down big moves in England before because he thought it’d be better for his career to play first team football at Aberdeen.

Signing for us to go back to Aberdeen on loan for another year while again, Anthony Ralston is our first choice RB makes no sense at all. Ralston getting a new deal and Juranovic becoming our first choice RB makes it make even less sense.

Signing the best young prospect in the country and not playing him isn’t the sell you think it is.

5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He’s turned down moves for years for first team football at the sheep.

He’s not like a Tierney who’s just appeared from nowhere and all of a sudden been flung in. He’s been touted as the next big thing up there since he was a wee guy.

Hammy89 likes this.
  6. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Again, injuries have dictated our line up and Juranovic has only come back to fitness. You are making up your own argument here.

If you think he will go to Man Utd or Villa and go straight into the starting XI you are deluded. He is young and might not want to move country yet. You make sweeping assumptions and overlook the benefit of moving to us first. KT being an example of the benefits of getting game time under his belt.

Nobody is saying he came from nowhere? Im the one saying he would benefit hugely from continuing to play first team games. Aberdeen might want the money to reinvest sooner rather than later and it could benefit them to get him back another year.

I didnt say not play him, im advocating loaning him to get game time. Are you all there? At this point you are effectively arguing with yourself. You are absolutely obsessed with Ralston mate.
    In any case, Ramsay might tell us to * off, my point being we should be putting the offer on the table to him at the very least.

7. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No one has said he’s going to walk into Villa or Utd’s first team.

Juranovic really being our first choice RB isn’t the argument you think it is when it comes to this. I really don’t get how you’re not understanding this.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I don’t know mate, he can look at it and think he’s not afraid to give others a chance when they’re doing well just because a pricetag or ‘name’ is ahead of them.

Then he could look at Starfelt and Welsh and think the opposite. If he backs himself he should back himself to get into our starting XI though.

9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    But he wouldn’t get the chance in this situation because we’re signing him just to loan him out for another year or two?

My point has been from the start that he’s too good to be signed just to be punted on loan. But I don’t think there’s even a slim chance of him considering us.

It makes no sense at all for him to sign for us just to be loaned back to Aberdeen till he’s 20 or whatever.

Liam Scales likes this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ah, that’s what I get for jumping into the middle of a convo.

Carry on :56:

Valhalla likes this.
  11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Trust me I don’t understand it either :giggle1:

Liam Scales likes this.
  12. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    "Here, we understand you have offers from clubs in England and that, but how about you come to us and be third choice behind Anthony Ralston?"

To stay on topic, pls sign Bjorkan and Berg in January.

Damnati and Valhalla like this.
  13. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    My point is we should be in for him and iv justified why and the reasons why he might want to join us.

The fact that Juranovic and Ralston are here doesnt change anything. You have no idea how Juranovic might fair when he gets his chance in his natural position.

A loan back immediately to a place where he is continuing to develop for another season would be a good move. It happens in football. Theres no guarantee he would get a game ahead of either and we might not want to get into a Tavernier / Patterson situation. He isnt the finished article, a good player already in his own right, with a lot of potential.

14. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Theres more chance of him getting into ours than man utds, thats for sure.
    They have paid big money for Dalot and loaned him out a couple of times. Even had a good spell with Milan last season but doesnt look like making any kind of challenge on Wan bissaka

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I don’t think he’s going to Man Utd either

Hammy89 likes this.
  16. Damnati

Is this not a reason why he would like to sign for a club that loans him back to Aberdeen where he can keep developing?

Obviously not for years or to an extent that he's held back.

17. Foley1888

For CM Sotiris Alexandrospoulos 19 year old midfielder from Panathiniakos who is a deep lying midfielder who is a good progressive passer both short and long, particularly diagonals to wingers.

He also is a hard working midfielder who reads the game well for his young age and often wins the ball back with tackles and interceptions. He is also physically well built at over 6ft and has good pace and stamina.

McChiellini.. and Hammy89 like this.
  18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It's a yes from me.

Bjorkan contract runs out at the end of December and Berg's does in December 2022. Easy buys to sort out some of our issues.

Damnati likes this.
  19. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Guy looks the bomb.

20. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    this is a load of * as well. Tierney never “came from nowhere”. He was in celtics youth teams and was a scotland youth.
    He had to displace Izzy as well who was probably the best left back in the league at that time.