1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Notching up these away wins is huge, we need to keep it up against Hibs on the 27th. We need to show consistency and go on a run now, we know a certain other club will start looking over their shoulder and dont react well to being put under pressure.

2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Another similarity: there was a Japanese national starring in that side, too.

kramer1 and Foley1888 like this.
  3. Mr Diggler

Kyogo has made a huge difference since his return. Even though yesterday he looked off the pace he has great movement and sets the tempo for the rest of the team. Two massive wins for Ange has brought a bit of feel good back again. Far more pragmatic and Jota looks to be finding his feet. If we can get Julien, McCarthy and Forrest fully fit and back to their best we have a real chance of kicking on. Taylor and Juranovic to come back too should help us. 2 more massive league games coming up. Win those and we are back in serious business.

kramer1 likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    If anyone likes podcasts, this is an interesting one with insight into Ange through Vince Rugari.

Touches on a few interesting topic points.

OziBeerMan and craigtheceltic like this.
  6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Still early days.

Important couple of away wins though as he has to prove he can go places like fir park and Pittodrie and get wins even if not battering the other team for the full 90.

I'm not fully convinced of the system yet and we still look weak in certain areas. January is massive. If we can even be within 1 point of the top by then it'll obviously be a huge improvement on last year. We NEED to beat them turn of the year.

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

There's a couple of ways of looking at the start we've made under Ange..

We've been away to Huns, Livi, Hearts, Aberdeen and Motherwell and made our poorest start for years.. Yet we're only 4pts behind..

The Huns have also made a really poor start yet they are still 4pts ahead...

Hammy89 likes this.
  8. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Another similarity is that the manager takes the * out of the press

kramer1 and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I think we'll likely play them in the league cup before Christmas. Would be massive if we pumped them in that and a big catalyst for the rest of the season..

Stops the rut and plants the seeds of doubt..

10. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I think your concerns about his system are consistent with how he has so far performed this season and in his past clubs early on. It’s clearly part of the growing pains of his system that there will be bumps in the road until players understand exactly what they need to be doing and where they need to be.

On the weekend it was clear that CalMac was back to fitness and ran the midfield. Boli seems to understand the system and the interplay up the left was the best it’s been for awhile.

The returning players will add the depth back to the squad and I think we can look forward to adding some more depth in January. Midfield is a glaring weakness where it seems unbalanced to play every 3-4 days without a proper 6 who is mobile enough to mix it with the best in Europe.

I know Ange won’t think this way, but I think if we beat Hearts at the start of December and the Huns before the winter break, we’ll go on to win the title.

kramer1 likes this.
  11. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Adam Virgo?

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Seen the goals from the weekend and both good goals. Great to get the clean sheet and great to hear the defence is starting to look settled.
    At least 3 of the 4 are and boli surprisingly sounds like he isn't utter *, so yeah good.

Gonna try watch at least extended highlights, if not the full game, later today.

But overall, glad to hear things seemed more positive this weekend and Ange retort about the league table was good to hear as well.
    Get at the useless media while we are winning, puts them on the back foot and in their place.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Noskeil likes this.
  13. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    The media in Scotland are predictable AF.

Ange being named manager: slate his credentials.

Ange settling in: slate his style

Ange going on a sticky patch due to injuries: slate his ability

Ange on a winning run, injuries returning: ....... * nothing negative to write here let's just slate his character.

I * deplore the SMSM, complete parasites.

14. celtic warrior

Can't wait to see him lift trophies quicker than Gerrard did and how everyone is going to try and sweep it under the rug

Noskeil likes this.
  15. JamesM09

Who the * even read the record anyway? Surely it must be dying on its *.

Noskeil and Avatar Daizen like this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Personally I still think we are a long ways away from being a good side. The back line other then goalkeeper and right back with Hart and Juranovic and Bain and Ralston as backups is far from settled. As far as I am concerned we do not have a single centre back right now that I am happy with as a starter going forward. Sarfelt and CCV look ok but nothing dominant about them at all. Welsh the same for me. Hopefully Jullien can take care of one of those spots but thats still a hope not a reality yet. Then left back well clearly that needs to be addressed come January. The holding role in midfield is still a major issue as well. McCarthy has shown nothing to suggest so far he is up to the task. Biton I am fine with as a back up there but clearly either McCarthy shows he can be the man there before January or thats another area we need to address urgently. There are other issues but those for me are the key ones that have me still feeling we are a long way off still. Showing some signs of promise yes but a long way off still IMHO.

Having said that I totally agree with you that considering the sheer magnitude of the * show that Ange was handed and the lack of time to deal with it it is encouraging that we are only 4 points off things at this stage so there is cause for some hope.

George Theodorou likes this.
  18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Ange name dropping Ferenc Puskas...love to see it.

martin_d and Avatar Daizen like this.
  19. Couscous

Postecoglou's net Celtic weight is still positive — very positive — which is worrying. He needs to adopt a healthier lifestyle.

20. FairDinkumMate

I suppose it’s his ex coach and about to play a team named after said coach then a good chance he may come up in conversation

The big Viduka likes this.