1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Vakoun Issouf Bayo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 8, 2019.

Discuss Vakoun Issouf Bayo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Maddie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bobby Petta... he was shite now he's betta
    We shall always have that intro at Parkhead to look back on (what times)... best of luck Vakoun :58:

2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Don't worry, Christie will be sold too!

3. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Gent is a good move for him, he will do well there I reckon then get a sizeable transfer to France or that. I hope we have a good sell on in there

NomDePlum likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The Disco light unveiling was a waste of Leccy , embarrassing

6. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Aye Gerry what an impression :56:

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Former Celtic flop Vakoun Bayo has reportedly been told to look for a new club after failing to hit the ground running at Gent.

The striker signed in Belgium last summer for an undisclosed fee until 2025 having struggled for form and game during his time at Celtic.

He has made just nine league appearances in two seasons, failing to score a Premiership goal, but enjoyed a successful loan spell in France last term.

The role he played in Toulouse's Ligue 2 playoff run saw Gent take the gamble on the Ivory Coast cap.

He netted 12 goals including one in the playoff defeat to Nantes that denied the French side promotion.

So far things haven't worked out for Bayo, and reports in Belgium claim the club are already considering cutting their losses

The 24-year-old has only made one start for his new club and has failed to find the target in his appearances in the league and Europa Conference League.

Voetbalkrant claim that boss Hein Vanhaezebrouck is hoping to replace Bayo with another attacking option in January, with the club languishing at the foot of the table.

The report claims that he has "not reached the level" Vanhaezebrouck had hoped for an "no longer has a future" at the club.

It could see the player shipped out in the next transfer window if the Jupiler Pro League side can find a suitor.

8. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Wouldn't be surprised if a Ligue 2 team pays 500k for him.

9. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    A shame for the guy but reassuring that we were not the only ones to get our fingers burned by this dud .

10. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
  11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I quite like him because he’s full of effort but I’m quite happy he’s not went the Jack Hendry route :56:

Thought it was more plausible him being a success than the big pouter

Damnati likes this.
  12. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    How much did we get for him?

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    £1.44m according to TransferMarkt

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.lesviolets.com/actu/le-...la-gantoise-apres-sa-saison-au-tfc,60243.html

The British press speaks of a “ nightmare ”. After a very promising season on loan at TFC, 13 goals and 4 assists in 36 games, Vakoun Bayo was unable to commit definitively to Toulouse, the fault of a high salary and a price claimed by Celtic above of what Tèf could put. Finally, the Ivorian striker signed with La Gantoise for a transfer of 1.6 million euros. Except that since then, Bayo has played only 196 small minutes, or 7 ends of games and has not scored a single goal.

His last Belgian league match dates back to September 26. Since then, he is not even a replacement and had to be content with 25 minutes in the Belgian Cup in October. Last week, he remained on the bench in the Europa Conference Conference against Famagusta.

The Belgian press claims that Hein Vanhaezebrouck , the coach of La Gantoise, is disappointed with Bayo , who “ did not reach the level which the club expected ” and that he “ has no future ” in this Belgian training. A departure from the winter transfer window, in January 2022, is of course presented as the appropriate solution. But Bayo knows how to revive: in a situation of failure at Celtic, he succeeded in his year at Toulouse. He will have to choose the right new club in the coming weeks.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Following an agreement between the clubs of KAA La Gantoise and Sporting de Charleroi, Vakoun Issouf Bayo is loaned for a period of 6 months, with option.

24-year-old Vakoun Issouf Bayo is an Ivorian international player (2 caps), playing as a striker.

Despite his young age, the neo-Zebra is already showing a good course. Thus, he went through Etoile Sportive du Sahel, Dunajska Streda (32 games - 22 goals), FC Toulouse (36 games - 13 goals) and Celtic Glasgow (17 games - 2 goals), before landing in Belgium, in Ghent.

This season, our new striker will have participated in 7 games with the Ghent. It is therefore fully operational to directly strengthen our offensive sector.

The staff, management, players and the whole Sporting family welcome their new striker!

Welcome, Vakoun!

16. Sgt Neppers*

Never saw this coming....

17. celtic warrior

Excuse me *?

Ach well...time watch another Pukki-esq player run riot in English Championship.

Man these players have some real * good agents nowadays.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ivory Coast striker Vakoun Issouf Bayo is set to be Watford’s first signing of the summer.

The 25-year-old, capped twice by his country, has agreed terms to join the Hornets I understand, although I’m not sure when he will join up with his new teammates who reported back for training yesterday.

The 6ft forward is a Gent player but spent last season on loan at RSC Charleroi in the Belgian Jupiler League, where he scored seven times in 15 appearances, and he netted 13 times in 36 outings for Toulouse in France’s Ligue 2 the season before that.

Bayo had a brief spell at Celtic in the 2019/20 season, having begun his career at Dunajska Streda in the Slovak league, where he scored 14 times in 25 games. That record attracted the attention of the then Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers, who paid £2million for him.

With the Hornets already having seen Joshua King leave the club, and Emmanuel Dennis very likely to follow him through the exit door, the signing makes sense as the attacking options at the club were beginning to look a little light.

My understanding is that Bayo is definitely seen as a player who immediately comes into contention for a first-team starting spot – I'm told he’s clearly someone who can score goals and is said to offer a physical presence.

19. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I did like him, he was never given a real chance here, still an odd one that he's getting picked up by Norwich

20. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    To be honest I can see him doing well at Watford, I always liked him but it just didn't really work out for him with us but for me there was certainly a player in there. It will be an interesting one as Watford seem to scout quite well usually, Emmanual Dennis was hardly prolific before last season, Watford signed him for a couple of million and are rumoured to be selling him for 25 million. Good luck to Bayo as I always liked him.