1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thecel...good-results-could-open-that-path-for-me/amp/

Kyogo on learning English
    ...”I’m studying. I feel like I’m gradually making progress in communicating, but there’s still times when they don’t understand me. I’m doing my best to be understood with the vocabulary I know. Everyone’s very patient with me when they talk which is helpful.”

Kyogo on fitting in at Celtic: “I was lost in the beginning. I had 10 days of quarantine in London and the day after I got out was the league opener, and they said I was on the bench… I hadn’t trained, the first time I met my teammates was at lunch the day of the game.”

Kyogo on Celtic fans: “Our first home game wasn’t full, but even so I got goosebumps at the number of fans … I had great support in Japan but Celtic Park was bursting with energy. It was incredible to watch from the upper stands when I was injured.”

Kyogo on being out and about in Glasgow:“Wherever you go there are Celtic supporters and they always ask for photos or ask how I’m doing. When I’m out shopping the staff ask for photos. Masny people wear their (Celtic) uniforms out; it’s a very different vibe from Japan.”

I’m studying. I feel like I’m gradually making progress in communicating, but there’s still times when they don’t understand me. I’m doing my best to be understood with the vocabulary I know. Everyone’s very patient with me when they talk which is helpful.”

Kyogo on Postecoglou: “Everyone calls him ‘manager’ but I knew of him from his time at YFM and I call him ‘boss’ a lot.” “He’s very detailed (about positioning & instructions) but everyone’s excited to play his style.”

Kyogo on lessons from Iniesta: “At FC Gifu I’d get the ball at my feet and then dribble toward the goal but that didn’t always work in J1. When I played with Andres, I learned that if I moved in certain ways the pass would come… I learned to see the right path.”

Kyogo On the World Cup: “Until recently I didn’t think I could get there as a player and it was a dream, but now I feel like I’m getting a chance to earn that right to play there and it’s turned into a goal.”

Kyogo on English Premier League aspirations: “Many players go from Scotland to the EPL; it’s motivating to see (Takehiro Tomiyasu) do well. Good results could open that path for me … but I have to get results to survive at (Celtic) & Japan National Team … I want to do the best I can and contribute to (both) teams.”

Kyogo on personal targets at Celtic: “I want to score 20+ goals this season. We’re one of the two biggest clubs in Scotland so that’s the standard I have to meet. Odsonne Edouard scored 18 last season so I want to beat that.”

Kyogo on Shunsuke’s legacy: “Shunsuke Nakamura made them think ‘Japanese players are amazing!’ and I hope through my play I can make it easier for JP players to come here. I’m a different style of player from Shunsuke, but I hope I can make them say ‘Furuhashi is amazing!'”

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If he earns a move to the EPL then it means he's been a very good player for us, so good luck to him and hopefully we have him for as long as possible.

3. Lewis Kerr

Not saying he is less of a Tim. I get why he left and wasn't actually that devastated about it. But the point still stands, if a hardcore Tim left us (a guy that would sit with the green brigade when he wasn't playing), why should we expect anyone else to be loyal?

Chieftain, Slaw and trackebhoy like this.
  4. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Everyone knows the form of our board but still tear lumps of the players and blame them for leaving. I would play for Celtic for free but to work under their power games would be difficult. Reason we couldn’t hold onto Christie.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The fact Christie is at Bournemouth, never mind signing a deal that ends mid season, shows he was only leaving for more money.

Foley1888 likes this.
  6. Foley1888

This is it for me when it comes to
    Christie I think money was a factor, much like Armstrong but I think lifestyle also played a part in his move.

I also feel Christie has become a better player in people’s mind since he left. This talk of we need Christie types in the 8’s gets over used. He played there at Ibrox and was one of the worst players on the park. He played well a few games at the start of the season but when he stepped up the level of opponent he was pretty poor. Yes we need more energetic players but for me one thing that held Christie back in midfield was his control, his second touch ended up being a tackle or chasing the ball.

rickyroma25 and Wllm like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic striker Kyogo Furuhashi reckons his strong start to life in Glasgow is down to his ability to "outsmart" his opponents.

The Japan internationalist has racked up eight goals in his first 11 outings since making the switch to Parkhead from Vissel Kobe in his homeland this summer, and is quickly establishing himself as a fan's favourite in the East End of Glasgow.

Furuhashi's movement, in particular, has caught the eye with opposition defenders frequently caught out by a well-timed run from the forward.

And it's this ability to read the game and deceive his opponents that the 26-year-old believes sets him apart from his Premiership peers.

Speaking at Japan's press conference ahead of their World Cup qualifier against Australia on Tuesday, Furuhashi was asked if he would use what he has learned in Scotland against the physical Aussie defenders.

He replied: "That is a feature [of Scottish football], so I use my movement to outsmart the opponent.

"I hate it if I can’t continue a run, and there are some players who are good at lowering the opponent's line and receiving it in the space.

"So I can do that movement as well [against Australia].

What you can do is run in the offence and defence, and in attacks you can create space by continuing to move aiming for space and get closer to the goal.

"I think that going from the front to the pressure will give the team a good chance."

tarboltontim likes this.
  8. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Thats as maybe but pretty grim to make comments like that having been here for all of 5 minutes...

9. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Maybe the board should stop using getting a move to the premiership as a lure to sign players. It seems like it’s the biggest sales pitch they use to bring players here. Would probably help if they started paying more competitive wages as well...

10. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. You don't get to see the, no doubt very pointed, question that answer was given in regards to. It could have been something aimed to get a headline like "if an offer came in can you ever see yourself playing in the EPL". No player is ever going to say no to that and they have their headline. And what he said was actually pretty measured in that he has to concentrate on doing well here and at Japan or no one will even be looking at him.

As long as he gives his all while he is here, and doesn't agitate for a move unsettling the team, I don't have a problem with him moving on to something else in a few years to test himself while he is still near his peak. If he wants to stay for longer then that's a bonus.

greengrocer likes this.
  11. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Watching the Japan game the now waiting on the wee man to come on. Have to say I've never seen a football crowd as peaceful as the Japanese support.

12. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Cheers didn’t realise it was on. Some goal for Australia from a FK.

Wllm likes this.
  13. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Aye they'd be better focusing on the possibility of a glamorous cup tie in Peterhead on a freezing Sunday in January instead.. that'd work better I'm sure.

14. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    In the Japan V Australia game Kyogo got on last 25 minutes and Rogic was subbed off with around 20 minutes to go. Both seemed to have got through unscathed, thankfully. Kyogo put pressure on an Australian defender to put it into his own net for the winner.

15. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Identical to Gilmore's penalty incident against Israel except free kick given...and scored haha originally thought Kyogo nicked the winner aswell.

16. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Just posted there that Kyogo put pressure on the defender who put it into his own net. Aye the free kick could have been a penalty. Suppose it depends on the ref you get.

Wllm likes this.
  17. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Wages competitive with whom exactly? We already spend more on wages than the majority of similarly sized clubs throughout Europe that aren't in leagues with the huge tv deals funding them. To try and be competitive with any clubs that are in those leagues would be financial suicide. The truth of the matter is playing in Scotland just isn't an attractive proposition to the vast majority of talented players, so you use whatever means you can to encourage them to come, and if that is a dream of moving to the EPL down the line that's what you have to do.

18. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    It's human nature to want to play at the highest level and achieve the most you can in your profession.

Footballers wants to play in World Cups and win Champions Leagues.

Chances are Kyogo had never seen a Celtic game 6 months ago. He's a smashing player. He'll hopefully kick on further and stay for many years. But he's obviously thinking "could I play for a Champions League team, even a team who play in the latter stages'.

I was a bit bitter when Tierney left. Only because he was Celtic daft, we were going into the 9 in a row season. I thought he'd stay and do the 9, maybe do the 10 and be a legend. And then leave and still only be 24 years of age.

But there's a lot happening in the background. Chances are he thought he was doing the right thing, moving on when he had the chance and bringing in Celtic €25m to finance our 9iar. It's not his fault the club has taken 3 years and counting to find a half decent left back.

greengrocer likes this.
  19. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Wee guy only played 30 mins today.

Hopefully will be in great condition coming back

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Caught a wee bit when he came on..

Kinda forced the winner just by being next to that left back..

Was involved in starting a move where the right winger forced a good save from Ryan..

Almost got away with a good run in behind but ended up turning in to trouble..

No surprise he'll be away soon-ish. No like he's 21, he's approaching 27. He'll have so many suitors already..