1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Your letter to Santa...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Oct 5, 2021.

Discuss Your letter to Santa... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Foley1888

I think all the comments about Director of Football and modernising departments such as analytics, coaching and sport science are all true but I see no reason why we should be waiting to Santa time to do these. In fact if we get that far then I don’t see us appointing a Director of Football as much as we need one, like wise any of Ange’s own staff.

On the playing side I think we need

A First team left back who has pace and is capable at both ends of the park. Someone comfortable on the ball who can play the way Ange wants them to. I would look at the obvious candidate Fredrik Andre Bjorkan of Bodo Glimt (free), other options whose deals are up at the end of the season would be Yuta Nakayama, PEC Zwolle who can also play CDM or Erik Wekesser of Jahn Regensburg who is a more physical presence that is excellent at progressing the ball either with passing or dribbling. His crossing and passes into the final third are both excellent. Given there contract situations neither would cost more than £1m, probably less. Sell Bollingoli to make space for new left back.

Central defensive midfield, Bjorkan’s team mate Patrick Berg looks like what we need
    high energy, can do the dirty side of the game and start attacks from the 6 position. Figures around £2m have been mentioned for him. Other options would be Kento Misao of Kawasaki Antlers, experienced player but still only 25. A good aggressive tackler and capable on the ball. Nakayama mentioned as a left back option could be an option here too and captained Japan Under 21’s in this role in the past. Sergi Samper, would be a different option as more a deep lying playmaker capable of picking out passes to the front line from deep.

A proper box to box midfielder: Njegos Petrovic, despite only being 22 he has experience in the CL and EL. He had a great season last year for Red Star but has hardly featured this year as they expected to sell him in the summer. He is physical, a good ball carrier and passer. Over 6 ft tall so could help with set plays at either end and has a good shot from distance. Talk of him being available for around €3m so £2.5mish. Other options would be Magnus Kofod Anderson from Nordsjaelland, he is an all round centre mid and reminds me of a younger McGregor, his contract is up in the summer. Finn Ole Becker St Pauli, another in last year of his deal and a good all round midfielder. Rodney Kongolo, is 23 year old playing with Heerenveen, he is another physical player who has a good engine and can go box to box. Reo Hatate 23 year old for Kawasaki Frontale, is a busy little all round midfielder with good technical ability and versatility.

(For my what I would like I would sign one of the above in January and another on a bosman for squad depth). Over the next two windows I would look to find loans for Soro and Shaw and next summer move Bitton on to make room.

Left wing option: Daizen Maeda, Yokohama Marinos, would add real pace to our attack and seems to be improving all the time. Probably cost £2.5-3m. The standout from Ange’s old team. Florinel Coman could be an interesting alternative from FCSB as his deal is up at the end of the season. Yuki Soma is another whose deal is up with Nagoya Grampus, is very comfortable on either foot and can play off either wing. His deal seems to be up in January. Was in the Japan Olympic Team.

What I would like in addition to what we need

Centre back someone better on the ball to complement what we have. Ayumo Seko and Danilo Doehki stand out as good out of contract options even if we wait to Summer for Doehki’s arrival.

Attacking midfield Lazar Tufegdzic, Mirko Ivanic, Florin Tanase, Abu Francis or Simon Gustafson are all worth a look for more options here.

Centre Forward depending on Giakoumakis this is likely to be a third choice to replace Ajeti. Some good bosmans for the summer Ercan Kara, Ben Brerton Diaz and Ayase Ueda for January arrival.

What do I think we will get probably one centre midfielder and a forward who can probably play wide or through the middle and one other bosman signing for the summer. Well short of what we need.

2. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    We need midfielders more than anything else. 2 attacking mids or 1 attacking and 1 box to box.

3. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Still need to bring in a proven striker to cover injuries.
    Would happily sell both.

Yes indeed.

And that would be so important, along with shitcanning JK and Laptop.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  4. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I would like a Wanyama, a Gary Hooper, an Izzaguirre, and a Kayal please.

LectersLuncheon and Dan Breen like this.
  5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Found John Park's log-in...

packybhoy and Avatar Daizen like this.
  6. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Efrain Juarez was just misunderstood...

Seán Mac D likes this.
  7. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Suggestions off the top of my head:
    -Jesus Gallardo (Mexican international LB playing in his homeland)
    -Victor Wanyama. Maybe this one is a bit heart over head, but he’s Only 30, playing in Montreal, where he has less than 15 months on his deal. I imagine, at the stage he’s at, he’d love another crack at trophies and Europe, especially with the importance of the role we’d need him to play.
    -John Swift: 26 y/o Reading midfielder. 7 goals and 5 assists in 11 appearances in the Championship this season. Contract expires next summer.
    -Lovric for the LW. Would add a bit more fluidity to our system up top, as he can play anywhere across a 3; swapping wings with Jota, or trading the ST position with Kyogo, etc.

All with experience, but still years left in the tank. Would probably cost an average of £3-5m each.

8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Wanyama is said to be wrecked by injuries. Then again, IF we could sort out our medical/fitness department, bring the monster home.

9. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

What he said

AdamRS, DonnyCelt and thailandceltic like this.
  10. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    Dear Santa,

Can this guy do our scouting and statistically analysis for the rest of the season and beyond please.

From

Creativecelt.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I just want another 10 kyogos please. If that's too much to ask just tell my gf to get me that pizza oven :56:

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Don't even know tbh.

We still need 6 or 7 first team players. I'm really concerned about the tactics we are using though. Its beginning to make me think no matter who we bring in these tactics are suicidal against better opposition.

13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    LB and CM are top priorities, I would also like another LW, with the idea of moving Jota on the right (with abada playing behind the Striker or attacking midfielder). Could honestly do with another CB, with Welsh going out on loan or Starfelt being sold, but I don't see that happening.

Would also like to see us punt one of Bolingoli/Taylor, Barkas, Henderson, Connell and Ajeti.

Wllm likes this.
  14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    More Japanese players. :41:

15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Centre mid and striker feel like the priority positions for me. I've given up hope that Ajeti will ever be a consistent performer for us so we need a replacement for him. One of my issues with Ajeti is the same issue we have a centre mid, a lack of mobility. Those are two key areas where we fall short, in my opinion. This is before we've even had the chance to assess how much of an impact Giakoumakis can make too.

16. RockhardBoss

Basically a copy of Pirlo to play the 6 which would allow McGregor to play 8.
    A dynamic 8 that likes to run beyond and exploit the space between the winger and striker. I think Armstrong would've been good in Ange's system.
    A striker with the attributes of Kyogo that actually suits the system when Kyogo is unavailable.

Most importantly not letting Desmond and the board play head of recruitment, buying junk that is useless to the manager and how he wants to play.

17. Living the dream

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnston
    Please Santa would it be to much to ask for the league title or a solid defence and a Henrik Larson clone. I’ve been on my best behaviour for a long time. If this is to much a Train Set will do please

18. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

An xbox

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The removal of our toxic/incompetent Board would be the ultimate Christmas present.

20. James Gold Member Gold Member

I'm needing socks

TheHappyLoss and Cena like this.