1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

Well they don't seem to * exist so basically the same as Harry Potter!

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Tim Williamson has been our physio for years.

3. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Kyogo on English Premier League aspirations: “Many players go from Scotland to the EPL; it’s motivating to see (Takehiro Tomiyasu) do well. Good results could open that path for me … but I have to get results to survive at (Celtic) & Japan National Team … I want to do the best I can and contribute to (both) teams.”

Not too encouraging.

Lost in translation probably.......

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I doubt it. Again, just like in the Abada thread, this is why these players come here. Kyogo will most likely have his eyes on moving down south within a couple of years. Was always going to be the case.

5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Or you know, he’s a player with ambition to play at the highest level like 99% of footballers.

Liam Scales likes this.
  6. Lewis Kerr

Its not really surprising though is it? We've had about 10 players in the last 10 years who left us for the EPL including a boyhood Tim who pretended to be in the GB. Players of Kyogo's quality almost always want to play in England or a better league unfortunately.

Getting him at this stage of his career will either work for us or it won't. I can see him leaving as early as next summer if a serious bid comes in. The best outcome for us would be if no one takes a punt on him due to his age and lack of European/International experience and he gives us his prime years.

7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Pretended? I’m not sure if you fall under this bracket, but it winds me up when people try to make out like KT is any less of a Tim for having left us. It’s nonsense.

Keano88, HoopyT, bobs1974 and 3 others like this.
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Arsepieces who hit out with that patter. Bitter that someone has left us to go on to bigger and better things.

HoopyT, SwissCelt and Slaw like this.
  9. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    It equally bothers me the amount of slobbering over him some fans still do.

theweeman and Slaw like this.
  10. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I enjoy seeing him do well because he’s a good lad and a Tim. It also does our reputation the world of good when Van Dijk, KT et al perform to a high level when they leave. It’s very important to us. There’s a reason no * has taken a punt on Morelos (well, apart from the fact he’s mental and not as good as the aforementioned) and Kent.

bobs1974 and Valhalla like this.
  11. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Aye don't get me wrong, from a business point of view I'm happy seeing the likes of Tierney, Van Dijk and Ajer all doing well down south because teams are more than likely going to pay up the prices we want in the future.

There is a section of the fan base who are one way, will call him a rat and a traitor or whatever and they're absolute tubes but there is also a section of the fanbase who will literally do anything to defend him, like slagging off the club and/or league.

I see it from the middle ground. Did I want him to stay? Yes. Did I expect him to stay? Yes, I really did. He was the next leader for me and I can't help but feel more disappointed with his departure than say an Edouard or an Ajer. But, we got decent money for him and he's doing well. So again, it benefits the club. Not a single player on planet earth is bigger than Celtic for me and when Tierney left, he just became another ex player, Nothing more or less.

Mickmac and Slaw like this.
  12. JamesM09

I think I've identified the problem.

13. JamesM09

I think the one thing people forget is there was absolutely no way Tierney would've been allowed to stay.

Celtic wanted their £25m and that was that. It's naive as * for anyone to seriously think he could've insisted on staying.

14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    It's literally not naive at all. Celtic may have wanted £25m but Tierney had 5 years remaining on his deal. It's naive as * to suggest he couldn't have stayed if he wanted to.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  15. horseshoe

Tierney wanted a challenge at a higher level, he'd done everything he could here, and was * near run into the ground through injury by our manager at the time. Our board are * but not everything is about them being mad panto villains, he wasn't forced out, players have all the power these days, the idea of him not being 'allowed' to stay is laughable.

Tim-Time 1888 and The Prof like this.
  16. JamesM09

Speak to any ex-pros and they'll tell you when a club wants you moved on enough under these circumstances it's very difficult to say no.

You could knock back a move to China but not a very reasonable move down the road to Arsenal.

The pressure that would've been put onto him by everyone at Celtic and his agent etc. would've been immense. Far too much for someone who is injured and supposed to be concentrating on their football.

It's naive fan-think to paint it as if Tierney had a serious choice to reject a record-breaking move to a club like Arsenal.

Of course he wasn't forced out. I'm certainly not saying that. But if he rejected the move he would've been and he would've known that.

Tierney would've received a call from his agent letting him know Arsenal are looking to buy him and Celtic expect to accept an offer once the details are haggled over. Then he would've been told when his medical etc. was. No one would seriously ask him if he wanted to stay at Celtic because it wouldn't be an option.

The furthest the conversation would go is, "are they expecting any other offers" and the answer would've evidently been no.

I hate the board, but accepting a £25m offer for an injured Tierney did not make them villains..

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Tierney obviously would’ve wanted the move. He was close to joining Everton the year before. Scottish football was a joke for someone of his ability. He’d been tearing the league up for years while seeing ex club and international teammates playing at the highest level and tearing it up.

Even if the board demanded he stayed he’d have wanted the move because again, he’s a top player with ambition.

Don’t know why people say * like players don’t have a choice when they leave here. It’s like they’re lying to themselves that a player dare leave Celtic for bigger things.

18. JamesM09

I don't know if this is directed at me but it seems people can't get their head around two non-contradictory things being true at the same time.

1. Tierney absolutely wanted to leave, for the obvious reasons you've stated.
    2. Even if he didn't, he would've been pressured to an extreme extent by the club to move since they wanted their £25m.

Technically the player has a choice, but going against the club in these circumstances is extremely difficult.

19. Jeffrey

Again like with every other foreign player - he owes us nothing apart from putting in a shift on the park.

Why do we pretend to be shocked when players want to play in the biggest league in the world. The same league they’ve grew up watching and dreaming of playing in. Any player should leave here with good graces if they give their all when wearing the shirt.

Reserve the shock for badge kissers like Rodgers etc. That’s a whole other story. If they give it the patter Celtic IS the dream.

20. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

No surprise. Its not like he was ever going to want to stay for the long haul.

seanm likes this.