1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liel Abada

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jul 14, 2021.

Discuss Liel Abada in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john2061

Put him in the stand next to boli :56:

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

His dream will be for a start when Forrest is back.

That’s the reality.

LectersLuncheon and bobs1974 like this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://m.sport5.co.il/articles.asp...oub3N5vkPD_yd55sJ4Yn1j-hy6OY_kg6nkllbMHfIxKHc

Far from family, far from society, far from the country where he was born, Liel Abda celebrated his 20th birthday on Sunday. Celtic green-and-white balloons adorned the house. This is how you are considered an actor with hopes, both professional and financial.

Nir Bitton was in charge of the birthday celebrations and functions on the Big Brother standard. Bitton's wife, Bar, made a cake and their children sang him birthday songs. Abda is not afraid to be alone. Unlike others who might have missed home, he put his career first. In the meantime one has to get used to the Scottish accent and driving on the left side.

"At first it took me a while to understand how to behave on the left side," he says with a typical, shy smile, "slowly practicing." In a car of songs by Omar Adam, at Sony PlayStation and Netflix. From workout he returns at 3pm and in his fridge you will not find any candy or soda. Keeping the body, he says, has led him to this place.

Beyond conversations with family and company, the one who guides him all the way is the actors ’agent, Dudu Dahan. The two talk on video almost every day. "You know where I knew you were something special?" Dahan tells him in a conversation, "When we were in London, Oxford and waited anxiously for the deal to be completed and get a work permit. You were not looking to go shopping, or to parties, or to bars in London. You were just looking for a nearby park to run at 7am and in the evening. "Another training unit. You told me you had to go to bed before midnight and you did not agree to drink anything but water. Here I knew you would go far."

Dahan organized the signing at Celtic as in a covert operation. The two flew to London, waited for approval, and took off for Glasgow, where T-shirt number 11 was already waiting for Abda. I remember arriving at Aviv Luzon's restaurant where his uncle showed me the contract. I grabbed my head. I knew my dream was coming true, "says Abda in an interview with the sports channel from Scotland.

Celtic understand what they have in hand. At the entrance to the group's training complex he is received with the respect of kings. After the victory over Aberdeen, everyone here is smiling, although his team lately has not been particularly impressive. A £ 15 tour of the stadium costs. It features the dressing rooms, guest rooms and other history rooms of the Scottish Luxury Club. Fearing fan outbursts, no less than 8 people secure the place 24 hours a day.

Abda is sitting in the locker room next to the team captain, Colin McGregor, who has started his eighth year at Celtic. On the other side sits the Croatian right-back, Josan Yuranovic, who arrived this season from Malaysia and Warsaw. The young talent from Israel has already scored 6 goals in 15 appearances this season and added four assists. "My dream was and remains to play in England, in one of the teams in the Premier League," says Abda, "The biggest dream is Liverpool, but I have to keep working hard here, to prove myself, not important too far. Step by step

Saleh should worry?
    "From me? No (laughs), this is a super player."

In the team for some reason currently working is only a fourth option after Eran Zehavi, Moanes Dabour and Sean Weissman. "I deserve more credit, but I will wait patiently for my minutes and the time I can lead the team. I work hard in training to prove I deserve to play and no matter how many minutes the coach gives me, I will try to prove my place on the field."

On Saturday, Abda will meet some of his teammates at Hampden Park. "I've not been there yet, I was told the atmosphere is extraordinary, but anyone who has not been to Celtic Park does not understand what an atmosphere is," he says, humming the song composed by Celtic fans. "You do not understand what a shiver it makes me. My song too, even when they shout YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. It's hard for me to even explain in words."

So what will happen on Saturday?
    "The games against them are always close. I think we will not fall for them. It will be a tough game, with a noisy and enthusiastic crowd, but we have to play our game and I believe we can win."

4. JamesM09

His dream is to one day be a captain like Colin.

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

His dream is to play in the EPL. That’s him * it. No more goals and assists. The Bangura curse will now be upon him. Silly bhoy.

honda likes this.
  6. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Here was me thinking all Israeli's only dreamed of being shipped out to the SPFL by big Dudu.

Slaw and Twisty like this.
  7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Like Dudu only has his eyes on one payday from his Israeli starlets... :giggle1:

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Birthday caird pish. He, like pretty much every signing we make, will see us a stepping stone.

So * what if he says it out loud.

craigtheceltic and Liam Scales like this.
  9. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I'm not 100% convinced about him yet. Blows a bit hot and cold and disappears in games. He's also quite wasteful with the ball however, good luck if those attributes get you your dream move to the promised land of the EPL

Dan Breen likes this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He’s very young and had a great return so far. More than could be expected of a 19 year old being brought in

11. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Israel produce some talent in attacking positions. Big Dudu has let us down with some of them :40:

12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I appreciate the fact that he is still relatively young however, I would like to see more consistency from him and better use of the ball. I hope I am wrong and he turns out to be a good player for us but, unfortunately, if he does begin to shine then he will fufill his dream and be off down the road

13. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Any young player with ambition shouldn’t see Celtic as the peak of their career.

Baffling * getting upset at his comments.

Noskeil and JC Anton like this.
  14. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think Soro said something similar when he joined too :56:

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He's made an impact in almost every game..

An eye for a goal and a constant threat, he's had to play too many games, thats been far from ideal, hopefully Forrest will be back soon to help him carry the good fight...

Would also like to see him link up more with the experienced Juranovic, that could be a potent pairing, provided Juranovic stays on the right from time to time, instead of CM, LB, 10, DM, ST, LW :56:

Liam Scales likes this.
  16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Get him out Sharon

17. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

I think every foreigner coming to Celtic see it as a stepping stone to the EPL, that’s completely normal. Nowadays we are miles behind a lot of clubs we were on par with a few years ago and we have a board with zero ambition to get us back up there. I wouldn’t hold any grudges against players who want to go onto bigger and better things. But they will have to work for it.

18. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Good luck to him. Hope his dream one day comes true. If it does it will mean he's put a shift in at Celtic and been quality.

Small tip Liel - Liverpool like their players to take part in defensive duties too and not go missing. Start practising for that please.

eire4 likes this.
  19. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    To be fair if any country is going to know alot about attacking....

20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    lol

Seán Mac D, martin_d and Graeme1888 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.