1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I think your taking the haters comment a bit too seriously.

Again, he's just in the door. Maybe he will decide down the line to change the system, who knows. He obviously has a way of playing and he's not ready to throw it away in October.

2. Belgian_lad

Specially in times where you have 5 substitutes, you should use it to your advantage.

i am not in the sacking him corner btw, but i can understand why people are calling for his head. But all this haters nonsense, we are in a free world and people can voice their opinion within reason ofcourse.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

At the self-same venue where the ‘Ronny Roar’ was born, Ange Postecoglou took a leaf from Ronny Deila’s book and stood on the same spot to pay tribute to the travelling Celtic support who had urged the side on to a vital 2-1 win over Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

No fist-pumps this time though, the Aussie simply placed his right hand below the Celtic crest on his chest as he knew just how much the win means to the players and supporters alike.

Not only was it the first away win of the SPFL campaign, it was very much a six-pointer with Aberdeen knowing a win would leapfrog them above the Celts in the table.

The manager said after the action that saw goals from Kyogo and Jota seal the points: “I’m pleased for the players and staff, particularly our supporters as we knew today was going to be an important game for us for a number of reasons.

“We obviously had a disappointing night on Thursday, and we know our troubles in the league, particularly away from home, so with all those factors, and even the manner in which we did it, I thought the players showed tremendous character at 1-1, not to settle for that, and to try to get the winner and I’m really pleased they got their rewards.

“It’s important, because there’s no doubt this year we’ve played some good football, but probably the one thing we haven’t shown is that when we needed to get ourselves out of a hole or whatever situation we’ve been in, we’ve struggled to do that.

“So I think the players will get tremendous belief out of today. It’s not an easy place to come and win.

‘They were desperate for points, throwing everything at us, so, as I said, we had to show real character.’

The winner from Jota came via a wonderful pass from substitute, Tom Rogic, who found Adam Montgomery and the youngster reneged on the chance to go for goal himself as he teed up the Portuguese winger who slotted home.

Ange added: “To be fair to Tom and David Turnbull, they’ve carried a tremendous load since the start of the season because we just haven’t had the options in midfield, so I think freshening up Tommy a little bit today helped him. He’s still a fantastic player, he sees things that others don’t and he played a great ball.

‘Monty was outstanding as well and showed composure in the final third where he knows we need a winner and I thought he did tremendously well.’

“Kyogo’s always a threat in every game he plays and he causes problems, but we can’t just have one avenue for goals and so far we’ve been pretty good.

“That’ll help Jota to settle in, and again, he’s one we’ve just thrown in there, he’s played every game and he’ll welcome a bit of a break now and I’m super-pleased for him.”

OziBeerMan likes this.
  4. Belgian_lad

I cant stand the term tbh. Specially on a forum where we are all supposed to support the dame team its just derogatory towards others.

5. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Critics then, whatever word you want to use. People have every right to slaughter him and people have the right to question those slaughtering him aswell.

Jamesy Bhoy 7 and Belgian_lad like this.
  6. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    JH

Juranovic
    Jullien
    CCV
    ??????????

??????????
    Mcgregor
    Rogic

Forrest
    Kyago
    Jota

Subs
    Ralston
    Welsh
    Starfelt
    Mccarthy
    Turnbull
    Abata
    Jac

If he can get that team on the pitch after the international break, yes some will take a bit to get up to speed.

Then the two big question marks is who players LB and CM. We need to buy these players in from january going forward, but who plays between now and then.

Id like to see scales and shaw getting some game time in the coming weeks. Have they what it takes to stake a claim. The others have all being tried.

Failing to play scales he must start boli

JC Anton likes this.
  7. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The quotes from the manager show he knows that fatigue affects Tom, like everyone else. A settled first XI is nice to have, but in the system we play, rotation has to be the norm.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    This is very important.

9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Wit?

10. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Ronny Deila wasn't given multiple seasons to implement a philosophy. As far as I can see the managers who have a philosophy are the ones who are not well rounded enough to scrap for every point

11. JamesM09

I think he’s talking about going forward, and he’s absolutely right.

If they win they get £40m and will strengthen.

People saying Ange will come good after a few windows just completely ignoring that these * are * but will improve too.

Peej and mayo like this.
  12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yes he was.

13. GreenLeanMean

Like Rodgers?

Spring Time likes this.
  14. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Today's victory is down to individual brilliance, and to some degree the opposition being not up to their best.

Three points is what counts, but it's not easy on the eye.

Peej, Xatraps, martin_d and 4 others like this.
  15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    A much needed 3 points but we look far from convincing, luckily for us the sheep are brutal.

It's embarrassing watching us trying to pass out from the back at times, Ralston looking like his old self, Starfelt just gives you the fear everytime he get's the ball.

I hope we can kick on and put a run together, but on the evidence so far i don't see that happening.

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    We don’t have 5 subs

Belgian_lad likes this.
  17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We need players back and firing and we need it soon.

Juranovic, Jullien and Forrest especially..

Left back is a concern too..

McCarthy, Soro & Bitton aren't great midfield options either, that's the concern, can we stay in it until we add 2 CMs in the window..

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It really is so bad..

It's a nice idea on paper but we're looking terrible as a result of it..

We look so uncomfortable doing it
    We're inviting so much pressure
    We have a lack of option's to hit from our defensive third when the fullbacks go inside

I think we'd be a better side if we curbed this to be honest. Decent side's are exploiting it with ease and the other's are still having too much joy from it. We aren't exactly getting much benefit out of it ourselves going forward..

No a fan. No a single bit..

Xatraps and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  19. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    If throwing Darts,throw none at him at the moment,but throw 67,000 at The Board!!!

seanm and thailandceltic like this.
  20. Kiro Kompiro

And what about the diabolical misses in the games that were lost? Were they due to individual shitness? Or did the manager miss them too?