1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Aberdeen 1 - 2 Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 30, 2021.

Discuss Aberdeen 1 - 2 Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DonnyCelt

Finally a win away. For the entire second half I was convinced we'd throw it away again.

We absolutely have to build on this, performance was worrying again though. We cannot keep starting like we do and then ending the way we have been.

seanm likes this.
  2. celtic warrior

Rogic the game changer.

We need better in midfield for the early parts of games and then supplement it with talents like Rogic.

Bitton offered nothing. For all his faults, Soro is more effective in midfield and that says alot.

Whether it's with Ange or not, January window and then following summer window is gonna need to see another 13 players brought in that can genuinely improve and support our starting 11.

I didn't think we'd need that many, but * *, our squad is poor, all to samey, slow, rigid options. No distinct abilities or styles to set anyone apart.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. leeso-ardoyne

Alot going on about our performance. That was a tough game and a tough place to go to. Aberdeen where fired up for that game. Its not always as simple as playing sexy football. You have to grind them out aswell. Im happy with the result and thats all that matters.

5. Celticbhoy97

2 shots on target ahah

6. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

we won away for the first time so hopefully thats it mate, by * i fuckn hope so

he needs to get rid of the substandard full backs and get full backs back to playing their own game

because weve won this inspite of the system today not because of the system ange has to realise that without better players he aint gonna be able to get results playing out from the back the way he wants to

hes got to get rid of that faulty stubborness its the boards fault not his but he shouldbt be trying to play the system without the required type of player its just gonna end up in him losing his job thats the definition of pig headedness

7. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    *’ A! Beyond relieved! Hopefully we can kick on. I just hope that this match isn’t to big Ange what the Dundee United match last year at this time was to Neil Lennon — masking major deficiencies.

It would be a perfect day if Hibs could cause an upset and win.

8. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Still a huge work in progress, nowhere near the finished article and all that, but coming back from a goal conceded and winning late away from home may be just what we need at this stage.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  9. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    It’s embarrassing how poor our players are performing. Starfelt, CCV, Ralston and Monty all have a mistake in them. Some of the first touches were the kick and giggles league standard.

Good 3 points and I’ll take them. Others will drop points there.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  10. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Too many average and slow players in our squad. McCarthy, Ajeti, Turnbull, Starfelt , Rogic .. he at least has good ball control.

Long wait before this changes. Scales might give us more but we don't have the players to suit this style.

Can we hang in the title race until Jan ? Our only hope is teams above us taking points from each other because we will not be going on any type of undefeated run with these players.

I'm off to enjoy my Sunday night and hope the Hibees beat the huns.

11. ddub11

This playing about at the back is a stress to watch,can we not just pass it to a defender and then play it up the park?this passing side to side is a killer to watch,puts years on ye.

With regards to todays performance,we bang average at the moment and need a huge improvement,cant see the point in Kyogo being put on the wing(its a waste)if hes not doing it up front take him off.

12. Heb Celt

Very reminiscent of last season,as if the squad has 0 energy,very lethargic.Could be down to a tough game we had on Thursday.

13. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

People are thick as *.

Guy asking Jota if it was important to win.

Like that ‘Na mate we weren’t bothered either way’

People get paid to ask that stuff.

Jmac402 and craigtheceltic like this.
  14. vortex666

Its games like this you say thank * we play in possibly the weakest professional league in Europe against some of the worst football teams in Europe. As any half decent team would put us to the sword .players didn't look like they know what to do in this system brutal watch .need to hit the ground running when we back or it bye bye ange before December

15. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think McGregor hasn't fully recovered. I expected him to be more influential as a roaming midfielder, but it was just not going for him.

Montgomery improved a lot in the second half.

Bitton can pass, but that's about it- it had to be him that Ferguson beats.

Kyogo is confused on the left- it * doesn't work. He did score, and stall a late Aberdeen attack.

Starfelt turned on his Jekyll mode. Seriously, he's consistent in his inconsistency. One * half, one good half.

Rogić should start the next game ahead of Turnbull.

Jota is proving me wrong. Hands up- he's making things happen. Note that he was on the right wing for the goal. Maybe Abada should go left? Liel himself got tired in the second half, but is otherwise one of the best signings.

Praise to Hart for launching counterattacks with his hand throw. What was the last GK that did this regularly? Should be coached to every young GK.

We should be happy for the points, and the staff should sit down and think over tactics. Because we were poor, and had to work like coal miners. Hard work is fair and just. But Angeball needs smoothing out. We've just gotten it to roll a bit, over a tough ledge.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  16. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    If we wouldn't have downsized as much Ange could be a good appointment. We say Celtic jerseys don't shrink it fit inferior players and he says his formation will not be changed because of inferior players. Fair play to him but he might has to live with the consequences for him is being fired.

I believe that his way of recruiting players to fit his tactics would be the way to go for us but that won't happen under the current ownership. They will always go the cheap way even if that means changing to an even more dire style of play than atm. WGS lined up would suit them.

17. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Big Tam’s very often the difference between 1 point and 3 points, was a good substitution but the big Greek bhoy should have been the other sub, what makes him think a striker who’s been anonymous and pish in 3 starts is suddenly going to come onto a game like that and turn it around, baffling, did he even touch the ball

Bitton should never start again, defence or midfield, he’s a fkn liability, offers nothing going forward and doesn’t know how to tackle a guy without constantly giving away free kicks, red card waiting to happen every time he plays, should have been punted years ago

18. crazy-horse1977

I r
    I really hope so. I forget he has only been in the job a few months, its frustrating to watch this tho. Unbelievably poor. Win is a win I guess

19. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Kris Boyd doesn’t have a great grasp of English really

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

That was both absolutely horrible to watch and an absolutely massive result.