1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. oh bhoy

when has it ever been any different success it a must for any celtic manager. rodgers era showed the potential we have .whats wrong with demanding the very best anyway?

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There's just no getting away from the fact that we shouldn't have dropped as many points as we have, no matter what mitigating circumstances people try and excuse it with. He's receiving criticism because he's not achieving the results expected of a Celtic manager. If we go on a winning run from now then everyone will praise him and be right behind him.

Hammy89, rudebhoy67 and King of Kings like this.
  3. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Well, I would mix up the midfield- not play both Rogić and Turnbull every game. McCarthy and Bitton would rotate at the base, McGregor (when back) and Soro as the link-up. I'd order players to take speculative shots instead of trying to create the perfect chance.

4. celtic warrior

Bitton doesn't deserve to be at the club anymore, he's not good enough and hasn't been used as a midfielder in years. He's shown time and time again he can't be trusted

Noskeil likes this.
  5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Bitton is *, but McCarthy is injury prone, and rotation is a must. Bitton should have never played as a CB. As a DMF, at least he can focus on passing, which he's good at. The alternative is Shaw, I guess? Lawal?

6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Mate, without going through this in its entirety, the Dundee Utd team that we drew at home with started a 16 year old outfield player. For me, we should be capable of finding a way to win these games with the talent at our disposal.

Ultimately, it’s Ange’s job to find those solutions, and I simply can’t accept that there’s no possible solution that would've seen better results than we’ve seen so far, even with the injuries we’ve had to contend with.

I can recall you being very optimistic about is challenging for the league this season. Has that changed? It’s quite a drastic change to go from believing we would challenge to accepting the current situation. Apologies if it wasn’t you and not having a dig.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  7. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Are folk really denying we looked better than when he took over from Lennon, before we got injuries to a few key players ?

I'll judge him when we have a settled squad to choose from.

The last 2 games have been a struggle but the guy will need to get used to playing against 10 men defences, as I doubt he's experienced that before much in his managerial career.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  8. Lewis Kerr

Some fans are desperate for Ange to fail so a Strachan or Keane can come in and take over. It's weird

9. celtic warrior

I am confident we can challenge for the league, that's not changed. I think with a full squad, Kyogo back, McGregor back, Jullien back, Josip back, Giakoumakis ready and Forrest back, we could easily see the league table flip on its head and we shoot back up, then come Jan, we can out, get actual LBs who can play, sign another LW permanently to support Jota, then go an look at central midfield to find that energy and drive that a fit and firing Christie offered which is vital to Ange’s style.

But right now, in this moment, with injuries, fitness and the lack of any structure at the club it's hardly a surprise that results are not forthcoming.

People dismiss it as irrelevant and I get reasoning to, but any club in Europe in the mess we are in all struggle no matter the quality on the pitch. It's not great, I'm not suggesting it's acceptable, but it's realistic.

10. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Could be a million miles off it, but i’ve a feeling he could be away very soon off his own accord, guys acting very strange at the moment, he seems totally fed up.

11. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    Ive noticed his fed up demeanor in his past 2 press conferences too. Doesn't look happy but no wonder with the stupid questions they ask

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  12. Couscous

I, too, hope he's lost some weight, but it takes longer than a few days.

13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I don’t think I’ve seen anyone, anywhere suggest that. We looked great before our injures.

The reality of football though is that injuries happen, and good manager adapt to that.

One of thats I’ve had on Ange recently is that he might be a better coach than he is a manager. He got as playing to his style very quickly, and it was very effective. When it doesn’t work though, I don’t think he’s developed the ability to really adapt or change things.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I've no went through all the page's here but I do wonder if McKay leaving has had a negative impact on him?

When you watch their first press conferences together they did seem to have already built up a rapport with one another, and McKay was particularly glowing..

Should still be doing much better regardless but the off field stuff can't be making it easy for him..

Him biting to the media through a bad spell is doing him no favours by the way. Just fuels the flames of a man under intense pressure and feeling it..

15. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Aye but folk seem to have forgot in the past few weeks. The Livi game was * poor tactically, but we've always struggled there for some reason. The DU game though, although we weren't at our best, we still could have won by a few. These things happen. Happened under every manager and will happen under every manager in future as well.

Biggest gripe I have is Turnbull and Rogic playing together every game. The 2 of them are complete passengers defensively and that's where we're struggling. Problem is how light we are in that area.

JC Anton likes this.
  16. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

He was talking just a couple of weeks before McKay left about how the two of them were going to plan out the restructuring of the club and begin the process of modernising it. You can bet he's fuming that the guy who brought him in and who he'd worked closely with since arriving has suddenly been binned.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They looked quite natural together..

McKay a bit more smarmy with the media but when talking about each other and to each other it looked genuine..

Aw well..

18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    We could've played Abada up top...

We could've given a youngster a chance up top...

Abada scored and a youngster would have given the same performance at worst as Ajeti.

GG isn't far away from fitness from what I've read and we have Kyogo coming back soon enough.

Like he said in the window, if he's not getting the players that he wants in, it's on him for not making that point big enough for the board to understand.

I'd rather try Rogic up top than let Ajeti be an empty shirt.

Also, it's up to him to get his game plan across to Ajeti. Get more out of him. Tell him where to go to have more of a chance. Yes, he fluffed an open goal. I'm not blaming Ange for that.

I'm blaming Ange for 2 wins out of 7. His fault.

19. Al Bootyerbaws

We'll probably lose tonight and the Ange Out fuds will be straight on this thread wanking themselves into a frenzy saying we told you so.

20. Sin

Using your logic that everyone is here talking * instead of managing a football team ..... Isn't that the same with you being here then?