1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

David Turnbull

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by GavCFC1, Aug 27, 2020.

Discuss David Turnbull in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Pearse67*

Hes been poor, fitness is atrocious you have to wonder what diet or training he is on.

Doesnt make runs into the box, doesnt really track back, has no real dig.

Basically just flits about the same general area putting passes left and right or lining up a shot.

Completely wrong type of player for the system.

2. JamesM09

Lacks the athleticism for pro football at our level. Seems nothing is being done about it.

3. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    He's definitely not the answer to our problems, I dont even know what sort of midfielder he is, he's either out on the wing * it for the wingers or getting in the road of players in the middle. He doesn't have the passing ability for a central midfielder nor the attacking presence to be a CAM. His decision making is absolutely woeful. I think his only saving grace is the fact we have no one to replace him with at the moment.

4. Lecs

Looks like a player who will perform really well against the bottom 6 teams, he seems to enjoy running the show against ten men at Mirren or Dundee at home, but against the huns or even the top 6 teams in our league he hides and dissapears completely.

* * me off.

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Simply can't have the luxury of both Rogic and him in the same side....

G_portillo likes this.
  6. JamesM09

It’s actually a riddy how * he looks during matches. He tackles like the guy that’s missed 7s for a month or two and has lost his fitness.

The amount of game time he gets while being so * is one of the reasons I think Ange doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Giving Ange the benefit of the doubt I think maybe he’s trying to burn him through his fitness problems or something like that but * me it’s embarrassing.

7. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    With Turnbull, Rogic, and Ajeti the lack of movement is infuriating.

JC Anton and G_portillo like this.
  8. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Cant play a high press with that three in the team at the one time. They all lack the pace and/or intensity to press as a unit.

9. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just getting exposed right now, does well with CMcG there beside him. But Tam not the right fit with him right now, would like to see Shaw, who is box to box type, get a run with DT.

Wllm likes this.
  10. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Aye. No question Turnbull has talent but I'd like to see him in the midfield with 2 high energy players that can play. Not seen Shaw but McGregor and a guy like that Koopmeiners from AZ would compliment him nicely and allow him or even Rogic to focus on creating things. That's my take on it anyway.

Dan Breen likes this.
  11. Celticbhoy97

He needs two workhorses behind him. Got a Real X Factor anywhere within 25 yards of the opposition goal

Dan Breen likes this.
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We've signed him to play football, not sing.

13. Maestro 08

I don't think what he offers going forward is enough to forgive him for what he doesn't offer going back. You can accept carrying a luxury player if they are giving you top drawer moments but not when they are fannying about not doing much. He's just a man down right now.

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He’s been far more inconsistent than I expected. I think the challenge of performing - consistently - for a club likes ours appears to be a step too far for him.

He has good vision and offers a goal threat, but his lack of defensive attributes is an issue.

The Prof likes this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

At 22 he's going to be a bit inconsistent..

16. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    With McGregor behind him doing the donkey work and picking up the pieces and Kyogo in front of him providing movement he looks class. Without either of those things he is struggling. I wouldn't say it's entirely his fault he hasn't looked as good lately, but him Rogic and McCarthy are like the Maginot Line of midfielders.
    Where's Soro, Shaw and Henderson? Players like McGregor who can run all day? They may not be as talented as McGregor, Rogic or McCarthy but at least you'd be guaranteed pressing for the time they are on the pitch.
    For a manager who allegedly likes to press we are atrocious at it. Only Kyogo, Christie and McGregor bothered their * pressing. And that's...... going well.

I'm beginning to wonder if the board insist certain players have to play every week. We seen the same * with Ronny, Lennon, Rodgers and now Ange.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  17. Maestro 08

He's consistent at not doing much off the ball, don't think that will ever change bcos that's not the type of player he is.

Problem we have is firstly pairing him next to Rogic, a similar player and asking him to press all over the park. Square pegs, round holes and all that.

As other have said 2 mobile players next to him doing all the dirty work and feeding him would allow him to concentrate on his strengths.

In saying that he needs to up his attacking game as well, set pieces etc. Maybe he's too * to produce those magic moments when he gets on the ball.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    It's been said a zillion times already but we cannot afford the luxury of both him and big Tam in the same midfield.

Dan Breen and JC Anton like this.
  19. scootz

Tam Rogic MkII

I don’t like seeing both on the field at the same time.

Dan Breen likes this.
  20. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Think we saw yesterday why Ange has been playing with both of them though. McCarthy and Soro were even worse imo.

seanm likes this.