1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic 1 - 1 Dundee United

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by McChiellini.., Sep 23, 2021.

Discuss Celtic 1 - 1 Dundee United in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Very frustrated and angry with this result, especially because it started off as a very good match by both teams and we were ahead early with a well taken goal by Abada.

However I am fed up with having to watch players being self indulgent on the pitch and only realising what their real purpose is when there are only 10 minutes left to go in the game. Win the match.

This is not the first time Turnbull can not take decent corner kicks in the critical last minutes of a game. Surely someone else can take them also.

Rogic is such a skillful player but he annoys the * out of me. He rarely played a first time ball out wide or looked around to read the game. He continually was running at players and losing the ball and his passes forward were not measured and opportunities went begging. Take a few strong shots at goal Tom !

Jota was excellent tonight. He ran his legs off and he has an engine. This lad has that ball on a string - very gifted.

Abada is proving to be very capable at scoring goals with his head. His crosses need to be much lower. He also needs to be protected. That was an intentional kick he got off the ball from their keeper, who should have been carded.

Why the * can we not simply put teams away when we are ahead and win the match ?

No need to talk about the woodwork. They did not go in.

2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Wasn't a good display but also not one you can really slag players apart from Montgomery who did have a shocker the amount of times he gave it away the rest pretty much played as we thought.

Big part of it also is the lack of subs, Jota although kept going and Abada should have been off as their legs had gone. They're playing too much and doing too much running to go the 90 twice a week.

The Leverkusen and Aberdeen games are going to be a laugh as the team is on the brink already theres guys looking like they need a rest but rather than guys getting back it looks like possibly another couple of guys out.

George Theodorou and Hammy89 like this.
  3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Rogic and Abada I thought were definitely * it to have a shot. Abada usually hits plenty of shots, always does that one where he drags it onto his left and has a swing, hes scored a couple, had a couple saved and missed by miles a few times but today it was like he'd been told to shoot less as he had 2/3 chances to do that and never done it.

Rogic also I can't believe never shot at least 3 or 4 times, he was in the box on his left close to goal and every time dragged it onto his right and tried to cut it back or pass it when shots were there to be had.

Seemed only Jota was allowed to shoot the day even Turnbull only had 1 or 2 attempts.

seanm likes this.
  4. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    Turnbull is *
    I said months ago he wasn’t fit and still looks like he’s blowing oot his * after an hour
    Him and Rogic are unwilling to make late runs past the forwards like armstrong used to do for us

seanm likes this.
  5. scootz

I don’t disagree with the general sentiment of what you’re saying - it is still far too early to be calling for the managers head - however, the Betis game really wasn’t a good example to voice in Ange’s defence. 0-2 in European competition? That was HIS moment to shine - he didn’t! The collapse was all on him.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    seanm likes this.
  6. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    As for ange
    Another * Lennon just standing there hands in pocket showing no urgency at all
    He looked at 60 minutes like he knew we weren’t winning and wasn’t arsed about doing anything about it

seanm likes this.
  7. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Everyone likes to see good football played but there are some basics you need, especially in Scotland, if you want to succeed. Defensive solidity, make teams work to score against us instead of being wide open. Win your battles, we lose virtually every 50-50 ball and sometimes even 70-30 ones. Fight, work hard, harass the opposition, they always do it to us. Defend set-plays, corners. It's not rocket science but it needs doing and we are not and haven't for a while now. We must be the easiest touch in that league right now, our confidence has gone and teams smell blood again, unfortunately I can't see it changing anytime soon, we just don't have the players or manager.

8. carraigbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Only way I can manage my stress levels and expect a poor performance, its a good day if we win a game

9. Celticbhoy97

Fuchs from Dundee United bullied us. Very good player

10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Thank * aberdeen are in a worse state than us. Actually believe thatll be an easy one.

11. murphy88

No chance. They will be fired up for it, nothing surer. I can see us dropping more points next weekend.

12. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Any team that can play a wee bit football and are prepared to have a go at this Celtic team will creat chances and maybe take them.

That doesn't win leagues especially when they cotton on to how we play.

DU looked really comfortable in possession today and that is a bad sign.... really bad.

The Phoenix likes this.
  13. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I watched their game the day as well and I thought they did have good control and looked comfortable and likely to win until the guy got sent off, then they crumbled and were losing about 10 minutes later.

The do look weak though, Bates at the back is honking and McCrorie they play with him it's probably the worse centre-back pairing in the League, one wee, weak and not a centre-half and one slow as anything and clumsy Brown's legs are also gone and they still rely on Hayes to carry a ball up the park.

They should never trouble us but you just know they will, they have a week to prepare and will be fresh, we will be all over the place on Thursday likely pumped and players done in. They will put the boot into us and probably go for long balls and set pieces while our players try and get a breather.

14. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good

15. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    I honestly think the league is gone already can't remember the last time I went 8nto work on a Monday happy absolutely gutted

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They'll 100% trouble us..

Guaranteed Ferguson, Broony and whoever else they have will dominated and bully our midfield trio..

17. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    The manager takes the blame, just as he takes the credit.

We look lethargic, as does the manager. No real spark, no belief. Whatever it is the manager is trying, it's blatantly obvious it's not working. Granted, the injury list is mental, but we still have more than enough to pick up three points today.

It's last chance saloon. Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hibs away. The thought of the league being over before November is unbearable.

18. James Gold Member Gold Member

Dundee Utd player went down with cramp Clancy then stopped the game ran over to the player pointing as it head as if it's a head knock :56:

19. wulliebad

But here in Scotland we have clubs spending less than us and doing less than us in regards to investment and staff and they do not have our injury history. There must be more to it.

20. StevieBhoooy!

Cant see it being easy in our current state…. Aberdeen are desperate for points. They will smell blood and think ‘if Livvi and DU can do it ……’

I feel like just sitting in a darkened room every time we play now. It’s not good for the soul or heid.

murphy88 likes this.