1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

The problem is our board won’t hire anyone that doesn’t need us. Rodgers made them £100m but they were glad to see him go because they aren’t good enough for a top manager.

2. wulliebad

No its the board fault that when we lose any of those 4 or 5 injured players we do not have any players good enough to step in. And its not just this season but year after year we only had a first 11 with very poor support to bring into the game. Out of our strongest 11 there are at least 8 player, who if they get injured and replaced then the team gets worse and in some cases drastically so. case in point if hart gets injured....barkas......holy *.

3. Forza 67

Better hope Kyogo gets back fit and firing or we will do well to finish 3rd. No Celtic manager has had this kind of leeway, if it was Lennon, people would have their pitchfork's out and rightfully so, this is an unacceptable start to the season.

martin_d, Artorias and King of Kings like this.
  4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    * me :giggle1:

Quotes like this and his message after losing to Betis along the lines of ‘rather lose like that than win a boring game’ worry me.

He just doesn’t get it. Just win. Do it consistently and pretty much everything else will take care of itself.

George Theodorou and martin_d like this.
  5. Lecs

I expected us to win * all this season anyway to be honest.

Think we need another transfer window and soon.

Squad is * garbage. No depth at all.

Ange hasn't blown me away with his managerial prowess but the injuries have * everything.

Looking at our bench we have absolutely no * who even allow us to change the formation or anything what so ever.

We're in for a long * journey lads.

BigDoggyWoofWoof and Orsenfelt like this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He needs time but he also has to buy himself some...

Spring Time and BigDoggyWoofWoof like this.
  7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    "Exactly what the supports want to see"

The support want to see Celtic win games, Ange, and you're completely failing to do that. There's a very real chance we go 1 game won out of 6 by the end of next week.

crazy-horse1977 and Artorias like this.
  8. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Personally, no. I didn't expect to win the league given how long it took to actually appoint him. I also didn't expect to be mid table going into October though.

I think there's frustration because we've seen the football that his teams are capable of, which naturally raised expectations. We've also seen a stubbornness that you can't afford at Celtic though. And there's a huge amount of pressure on him because of the automatic CL spot up for grabs.

I think he needs a lot more time, but I'm not sure as a club we can be trusted to put the right structure in place to support him. We're a mess. Time isn't something that many Celtic managers have.

George Theodorou likes this.
  9. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Emotionally I am very * off with this result tonight . Am sick of watching Celtic games thrown away like that.

10. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Want him sacked but call every single midfielder he has at his disposal useless. What are people expecting ?He was getting praised to the hilt before we got absolutely * with injuries and now expect him to play the same football with half a team missing and being left to rely on guys like Montgomery, Ajeti, Turnbull, McCarthy, Soro. Our squad is an utter mess due to years of neglect and poor recruitment.

Orsenfelt likes this.
  11. G40B

The lack of quality in the squad is on him.

He had ample opportunity to call out the board and didn’t.

12. celtic warrior

Ange has such a little squad to work with, made worse by the fact we * about for so long with Howe, Ange was brought in so late.

The squad is still in need of so many new players we are light everywhere.

No Forrest, no McGregor, no Kyogo, no Giakoumakis, no Jullien, no LB, no LW, Ajer Sold, Eddie Sold, Christie Sold. How many loans returned to parent clubs before Ange arrived.

I never believed it at first, but the rebuild needed is monumental, we could go out in Jan and sign 12 meaningful players abd we'd likely still be a couple injuries away from a crisis.

Never mind the failing of the board behind closed doors, Dom, failure to modernise, no DoF, no signs of any real scouting overhaul, only just signed a sports science guy. It's a * shambles.

Ange has come in and been told to polish a * and as shiny as he's made it, which in itself is a minor miracle, that fact that is still a giant piece of * still shows.

Bob Loblaw likes this.
  13. Martybhoy53

A nice guy. So was Paul le Guen.

14. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Mate, depleted team or not we should be beating Livingston and Dundee United, Livingston were rock bottom of the league and United got man-handled by hibs at Tannadice a few days prior. He also threw away a 2 goal lead against Betis because he refused to change his tactics.

His squad selection is completely random too, Bolingoli was our best player against Livingston then suddenly he's completely gone from the squad. Welsh was our best defender for the majority of the season yet he's been bombed out for Starfelt, who's maybe had 1 good game? and why is he refusing to give Scales a proper chance at LB?

I genuinely really like the guy, and the football we played against Dundee and St Mirren was the best I've seen in years, but consequently the football against Livingston and today was some of the worst, if he doesn't win the Aberdeen game, fans are right to ask for him to be sacked.

Artorias likes this.
  15. celtic warrior

How the * is Ange meant to adapt?

Seriously, how exactly is he expected to change styles with the * he has to work with?

The only thing he can change is going balls to walls, risking it and picking youth players over those currently in the senior squad

16. BigDoggyWoofWoof

There's a genuine question as to why Ange is not adapting his strategy to the realities of the squad in front of him. You've got to hope that if he won't change his strategy then the players will eventually adapt, but I don't see a guy like Ajeti ever playing in the way Ange intends. I feel a more pragmatic manager could better maximise the talent we have while building towards their ideal system over successive transfer windows. I can't yet judge whether he's incapable or just unwilling to do this.

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

That’s Lennon-esque.

Ange has usually been spot on with his interviews but that’s embarrassing.

Dundee United looked every bit as threatening as us at times.

18. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    lol he actually said that’s what the fans want to see? If so then he’s another one that’s just so full of himself it’s cringe.

19. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I'm sure he did during the summer.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Frighteningly deluded..

Same with his comment's after Betis he'd rather get beat 4-3 playing that well than get a nil nil..

Did he no hear the discontent in the crowd today?

We only really stepped it up again for a 5/10 minute period near the end but we weren't relentless at all second half, despite missing a couple of good chances..