1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Manager standing there looking clueless arms folded looking into thin air with dumb and dumber lurking in the background looking even more clueless, a familiar scene yet this was supposed to be a transitional time for us, just looks like the same movie from last season ?

bhoy81 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  2. JamesM09

If it’s your job to pick the team and I only supply you with 11 players did you really pick the team?

I’m not saying Ange is the answer but clearly it isn’t relevant while the rest of the club makes the managers position unworkable.

You would trust this board to appoint a new manager out of nowhere? They took 100 days to get Ange and 3 months to get a sports scientist. Oh, and they sacked their CEO after 2 months.

3. James Gold Member Gold Member

6th in the league after 7 games and we're being told nobody else could do better with a straight face

4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Loads of managers, I imagine.

Their job is literally to get a team playing to more than the sum of its parts.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Yes. Obviously...

I'm not advocating sacking the manager, or talking about anyone else in the position, but Ange is the manager, and for the last two games, he has FAILED.

6. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Pretty much this. I'm not defending not getting wins at Livingston and at home to Dundee United. He deserves some criticism for that.

But at the end of the day look at what he has available, and look at how those above him have destroyed the club in the last few years. Through a combination of arrogance and incompetence.

I don't think many managers would take the job just now, and I can't see them winning the league if they did. It's a poisoned chalice and it's clear that they won't get the backing that they need.

JamesM09 and The Phoenix like this.
  7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Crazy amount of bad luck with injuries and woodwork..

But, * me he's making it hard to stay positive..

Aberdeen away after Europe, fear the worst.

8. Forza 67

I'm sad to say it but I think it's time to admit we've been sold a dud.

9. northeast67

Ang has had no joy with Big players leaving and injury, he needs time I think he's the real deal! Compared to the back end of last season we were playing good football till injuries set in!
    I honest don't expect to win the league this year as its the biggest rebuild in years letting youth and and new players mould into a great team going forward, this year is just the start of something special, come January more will come in, all Angs signings look good Barr the Greek? Ajeti needs to be sold in January, a decent striker should be catching into 3 or 4 of them quality balls right across the face of the goal today, we hit the bar 3 times?
    Is it not possible to go and bring in a free transfer short term, there's a few out there

craigtheceltic and Orsenfelt like this.
  10. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

* up. He’s a winner ! A * winner !

* were saying he’ll win the champions league with us :56:

James likes this.
  11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

That was a * embarrassment today.

Aye we hit the woodwork a few times. But did their goalie have to actually make a save between the goal and Jota’s shot in the last minute?

Turnbull and Rogic together isn’t working. They’re supposed to be getting onto through balls in advanced positions and they’re two of the slowest players on the pitch every week.

Ajeti is a dud. Soro is hopeless. I could go on.

Ange has had rotten luck so far, but games like today are inexcusable. A pathetic performance.

The Phoenix likes this.
  12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Ironically- I think we were unlucky, and played better, more according to the tactic than against Rangers or Livingston.

13. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    You idiots don't appreciate that Ange's plan is working to perfection. He always finishes 12th in his first season.

But in his second season you see a much more competitive Angeball. Mainly because he's been relegated.

14. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Get Gordon Strachan in as manager, Ange is another John Barnes.

15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Tell you one thing he could easily have done better today - not start with a midfield trio that has absolutely no energy and drive.

I’m not one to slate managers using the benefit of hindsight, but this was picked up by myself and plenty of others as soon as the team was announced.

The Phoenix likes this.
  16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Nice jumper but not a * scooby. :giggle2:

crazy-horse1977 likes this.
  17. JamesM09

I think we’re more or less in agreement to be fair.

Ange should be doing better but I can’t imagine a more stacked deck against him, so it’s difficult to know what’s going on.

Everything from McKay being sacked, to having Kennedy as part of the setup, to recruitment and back room fitness team - it honestly couldn’t be worse.

I know that if we hire a new manager then the core problems won’t be addressed.

The ship has a hole in it and people want to spend time making sure it’s pointing it in the right direction. It just won’t work.

The Phoenix likes this.
  18. Sgt Neppers*

:giggle1::giggle1::rofl::rofl:

19. Heb Celt

The guy has the toughest job in Scottish football right now.Confident he’ll turn it around when players get back from injuries and another dip into the transfer market in January.It’s a hard watch right now but look at the players he’s got to choose from.Last couple of years recruitment going to haunt us for a while yet.Let’s back him and give him til the end of the season.

20. wulliebad

Because of the board we were forced to play that team today. Because of the board we are running round spending millions on players who cant get a game at their own clubs. Last season we played with 5 loan player who couldn't get a game anywhere else.
    Because of the board we have a club full of world class players who get put into the first 11 because of injuries and are for the most part are *.....today was not just about the manager.

rickyroma25 and The Phoenix like this.