1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

He's said since he backs them though

“My history is if there’s good people in the building then there’s no reason to change it.

“So far all the staff have been excellent and have embraced where we want to go to.

“I will back my judgment in all these things. I take responsibility at the end of the day. We need to add to our staff for sure.

“We will be bringing in people at the appropriate time. Not necessarily in the coaching area but there’s other areas we need to bolster.”

I would like nothing more than for him to bring in his own men as should have been the case from the start but I don't see it happening

2. Mr Cleansheets

If he was going to punt the chuckle bros, it probably should've been done while McKay was still around.

Can't help but suspect that Ange has lost his main supporter.

Could get ugly.

The big Viduka likes this.
  3. Mr Cleansheets

You're right. That is a worry.

James likes this.
  4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Saying he’s on thin ice suggests his job is at risk. It isn’t yet. It’s a matter of opinion.

Stop talking in ifs and buts. Support the guy. Nobody gives a * that you didn’t want him in.

5. KG-Henrik

Personally I don’t think it matters who is in charge atm. Would be crazy to change a manager that’s got to deal with this shitstorm. The squad & calibre of player is so average it’s quite unbelievable. Outwith McGregor & Kyogo I don’t think there’s anyone else that’s of a high enough standard. New signings need at least half season to prove their worth so there could a couple of gems.

At this moment in time I’m happy to give Ange the full season. Although the start has been absolutely woeful. I can understand it with the amount of replacements.

Mickmac likes this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Take McGregor, Kyogo & Christie out the side and the early intense season form disappears..

We need McGregor and Kyogo back ASAP and I'm sure two high intensity midfielders will be on the radar in January..

Need to ensure we're still in it, come that window.

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

McGregor is out for tomorrow's game.

Feels like a couple of years ago when players had "knocks" that would then keep them out for game after game. Forrest has been out for weeks as well.

James likes this.
  8. James Gold Member Gold Member

Aye we're defo not told the full story when it comes to our injuries they get past off as nothing then before you know it months have past. Has Forrest not been near a comeback for about 2/3 weeks now ? The Greek as well yet nowhere to be seen

packybhoy likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Jullien and Forrest expected to be back training after the October international break. What the * did Forrest do?

11. Maestro 08

In that case he's either being economical with the truth OR the staff we have actually aren't as bad as people are making out. Considering it's hard to quantify exactly what JK does you can only go off the fact that a number of managers have kept him in place, even promoting him and a number of times he has been spoken about in glowing terms from people with knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Sin

I never said anyone should give a * if I wanted him or not, this is a forum and people post their opinions so you have to deal with that.

Also you said "However, crisis is a Pitodrie loss away. What a massive game and Thats if we beat United"

So you can post "ifs and buts" but others can't? Doesn't seem fair.........

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

There’s a different between weighing up two different outcomes and blatantly just being blinkered towards the negative one, which you are.

It’s boring and exhausting. You’re hardly a fan.

15. Sin

FFs, I'm worried about my club, I'm not gearing all on the negative, I'm hoping he can turn it round, I just can't see us putting a run together the way the team is playing, I do and did have my doubts about the manager, I don't like that he doesn't change anything when plan A isn't working.

I will happily admit I was wrong about the guy if he can turn it round.

If you check my previous posts I have always said it was not going to be an easy rebuild, it was going to take at least 2 windows to get it right, at the same time though I expected a better start to the season, it's not just the defeats, in the last game the sheer frustration of watching trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome was * awful.
    I still blame the board for the mess we are in, they * around too long with trying to get Howe and that has set the club back, we should have had a manager in place much sooner for the rebuild to start, it's not all on the manager, he is the one though that has to turn it around, if not it will fall on him.

16. AussieGreek

So I'm paraphrasing here, but Ange said he was disappointed that on Sunday the boys didn't impose their game from the beginning as they instead tried to ease their way into the game.

17. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Best he isn't on thin ice cause he's fat :ange2:

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'd deffo settle for being close to them by January, then attack the market early..

Stay in touch til January and then we must beat them at Celtic Park. As much for the psychological aspect as the point's..

Do that and we've still got a right chance..

It's hard seeing us no dropping quite a few point's by then though..

packybhoy and JC Anton like this.
  19. James Gold Member Gold Member

I can't buy in to this keeping it close til January thing either and then take the window by storm. That's all well and good if we were at the end of November but the reality is the window closed 3 weeks ago and the squad is already threadbare and I don't see us going balls to the wall in the Jan window

dmccourt95 likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    What's the alternative?

We need to try and keep the pace with them at worst and be a few point's in it by the time they come to us..

If we do that and Ange can get 1 or 2 player's from the j league like Maeda, a left back and at least one energetic, combative midfielder....we'll be in a far better position..