1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Al Bootyerbaws

You seem to be stuck on repeat now. Are you this boring in real life or just on the internet?

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Just on the internet pal..

I'll leave you to carry on your same nauseating pish where every * a grass and you're the big ticket in the mma thread :ange2:

Maestro 08 and Cena like this.
  3. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Forget the pitch, the loss to Livingstone was shithouse. Blaming the pitch is a cop out. The buck stops with Ange on this one

4. Al Bootyerbaws

Thank *, cheerio.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Ta ta snowflake :58:

Free the Adblock likes this.
  6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

No. That would suggest a crisis.

7. Sin

No it wouldn't, a crisis is when you fall through the ice, walking on thin ice comes before the crisis!

8. Mr Cleansheets

Desperately needs Kyogo back. It's the zippy, elusive movement in the final third that Ange's style is based on and when it's not there - he seems scoobied.

Really did need a different approach on the weekend when Plan A wasn't working. At 78% (or whatever) possession, the game was clearly lost up front.

He's been notoriously steadfast to his system in the past and it's always worked... eventually. Will he hang on to his principles or will he attempt some pragmatism? Pragmatism is a new trick and Ange is an old dog...

Getting a bit worried for him now.

thailandceltic and Peej like this.
  9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He’s not on thin ice ya panic merchant :56::56:

10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    We can't rely on one player for an entire season.. Even back in the day when Henrik missed a game we always had sufficient game winners in our squad. I think this is where Ange is in trouble. I don't think he has the players to implement his style if we are missing key players.. again I blame the board for most of this

Also 6 games into the league and this squad still isn't up to speed.. another worry. Again not sure this is totally his fault.. seems to be a general theme at Celtic for a while now.. every season we go into it under prepared..

11. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    How quickly things change. Was it not generally agreed (apart from a few) that it would take at least a couple of windows and maybe a season of inconsistency and transition before we got back on top. Now after one bad defeat (the other 2 in the league for me weren't bad defeats we were actually unlucky/cheated in those games and they were at tough places to go) he's on thin ice for some and others are getting panicky.
    The problem for me isn't the manager it's the squad of players he's got to pick from. We're short in midfield and those we have all have a flaw or 2 whether it's being slow or lacking dig or composure. Calmac is the only complete midfielder we have so when he's out it's a disaster. But we're light all over the park - I'd say we're only well covered with a couple of proven reliable performers at RB (and only cos AR has improved dramatically). In every other position we've got no more than 1 experienced proven performer (and none on the left wing) so when they get injured we're struggling.
    Anyway my point is that it's unfair to judge the manager after a very short period of time and working with a threadbare squad of youth players and unproven new signings.
    I still think we'll win the league btw.

MagicBallBhoy, AussieGreek and Twisty like this.
  12. Mr Cleansheets

This will go down like a lead balloon, but Kevin Muscat took over from Ange at Yokohama and was recently voted manager of the month in the JL.

They are clearly very close... Could the support accept a vicious arch hun like Muscat in the back room? He'd be one * of a motivator and would help bring out the best in the players for Ange's system.

But he comes with the baggage of being Kevin Muscat.

Probably wouldn't want to leave YFM now that he's doing well as his own man.

13. Mr Cleansheets

I'm quite surprised that Ange didn't bring John Hutchinson with him from YFM. The sort of coach that players just love and experienced at sharing the Ange vision.

I guess it could still happen.

The big Viduka likes this.
  14. James Gold Member Gold Member

Most highlighted the lack of him bringing in any coaches as a concern from the outset and were told this is how he operated and that he's his own man so why is it an issue now ?

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  15. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    He thought he could work with any coaches until he met Kennedy and Strachan.
    I can’t believe he hasn’t brought anybody with him that he’s worked with before.

16. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    If Ange thought he could do a job then I’d accept Muscat. Dirty * of a player but that doesn’t mean he’s a bad coach. He also played 22 times for the huns so wouldn’t describe him as an arch hun.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  17. Mr Cleansheets

He said at his first press conference that he would take a look at the existing backroom and make up his own mind about what was needed.

We've seen one announcement today. Hopefully it won't be the last because he clearly needs help.

18. Mr Cleansheets

Definitely an arch hun by temperament though.

He's an absolute scumbag but if he joined, I guess he'd be our scumbag.

Every club needs one.

The big Viduka likes this.
  19. Sin

You really should look up what the term 'on thin ice' means, as it seems you don't know.

You said earlier that we're 1 defeat away from a crisis yet the manager isn't on thin ice?

October is going to be huge, not just for him but for us as a club.
    I actually do hope he turns it around, I didn't want him as manager and I hope he proves me wrong but he is very much on thin ice, a couple defeats next month would leave us in the bottom half of the table having played a quarter of the season.....

20. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    All he has to do is look at thae 2 gormless fukkers behind him , punt them and get folk in he knows will turn this around !

packybhoy, CH4 and paulie walnuts like this.