1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Forza 67

Far from a snowflake, he's a troll and tried to get me done for racism because I was skeptical of Itakura's pyhsical attributes for a defender.

2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Just think it's weird that folk are trying to dispel people's worries about Ange's health by comparing him to Stein, when everyone knows what happened to him.

3. Mr Cleansheets

Would've loved to see Shaw get a run against Livingston. Bosses the reserves - could potentially become the big physical lad in the middle but needs game time. Has a bit of touch to him also.

4. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Shut the * up you daft *. You're the one that's on here constantly talking * about Celtic and talking up the huns. You're fooling no *.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Just think the way you worded it was poor as are other comment's in here..

6. Al Bootyerbaws

Some amount of * zoomers on here man. Nighty night.

7. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I was taking the * a wee bit but all I done was state facts.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Who's a zoomer..

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I know you were. That's why I said the way you worded it..

I know it's factually correct but still..

* have been going on about Ange's weight and that for week's now. It's eye-bleeding..

10. D'Ecosse

Get real people ..... HUGE over-reaction here by some
    I'm hurting too, but calls for managers head are way out of line.

We have lost
    Brown
    Elyonoussi
    Edouard
    Ajer
    Kenny
    Klimala
    Griffiths
    Duffy
    Ntcham
    Laxalt
    Frimpong (there for first half of season)

The first 6 were all definite starters - and add to them injuries of Forrest, Jullien, Calmac and Taylor - also all definite starters - that's 10 stick-on starter players missing from last season - that's a whole team folks!
    And now critical injuries to Kyogo while our newest Striker Giakoumakis is not yet up to speed.

The team at Livingston was an absolute patchwork quilt - but even so, they should have been good enough to win.
    I can't 'blame' the manager here, he was working with one hand tied behind his back
    McCarthy was woeful and maybe understandably so given his fitness )or lack thereof) - what was our alternative there - Soro? Soro was dreadful on Thursday and I don't think many would have put him in ahead of McCarthy on Sunday. Maybe Bitton? Again, imagine the reaction from the masses if he is starting there in midfield (but maybe not so daft when you think about it)
    Hindsight is 20/20. McCarthy was a proven EPL quality player - he needs to get fit and understand his role in Ange System I am confident that Ange will get him back to being at least what he was, maybe more. Take a look at guys like Ralston and Rogic, even Taylor - they are completely different players under Ange!
    Front three were not really working together - once again, what would you have done differently?
    Boli - the guy was putting the work in in training, time to forget past sins - and honestly he did 'OK' for someone playing his first game in 'forever'
    Rogic - this guy was a throwaway this time last year - take a look at him now!

Consider this line-up
    Hart
    Juranovic CCV Jullien* Taylor
    Calmac Rogic Turnbull
    Abada/Forrest Kyogo Jota/Forrest

Bench/Rotation - Bain, Ralston, Starfeld, Welch, Boli, Monty, Soro, Ajeti, McCarthy*, Johnston*, Giakoumakis*
    *When100% Fit

Now THAT would deliver a whole different capability - never mind the Livi game, just having Calmac and Kyogo (and maybe big Jullien) and I believe we are winning that game against Betis.

I absolutely LOVE this guy already - he talks straight, and by every account is a real 'player's coach'
    Rather than being critical, I think it is absolutely amazing at what he has managed to do with the changes and resources he has - Livi was not the end of the World

11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Do you mean Lawal?

12. Maestro 08

Aye Ange get doon that gym and spot John Kennedy and turn our fortunes around.

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Personally I don’t think there’s any chance he won’t be given until at least the end if the season, unless we end up in the relegation zone.

14. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Ronald Koeman's about to be sacked any day now. What are the chances of Larsson coming here as Ange's assistant?

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Would Ange want him? A ready-made caretaker just waiting for any sticky patch.. Loved by the fans and media alike..

An extra pressure he probably doesn't need.

16. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Why wouldn't he want to work alongside him? There's already a caretaker sitting on the bench beside him, looking like a miserable Easter Island heid statue.

Larsson is a club legend. He would get supporters back onside after a really poor run of form, he'd command the respect of everyone in the dressing room. He's bring a bit of buzz back about the place that's fizzled out a wee bit recently.

He's also coached at the highest level. He's played alongside Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimović. He knows our club inside out and has connections to top clubs around Europe. He also has many friends amongst the pundits in Scottish football.

I doubt it will happen but I can't see many downsides for Ange.

17. oh bhoy

id hazard a guess that there is no chance .i dont think larsson is that bothered about coming back in any capacity on top of which the board aint gonna get rid of their eyes and ears in the dressing room ,kennedy is untouchable

18. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

With all due respect, you’ve not got a * clue what you are talking about and there is absolutely hee haw to be laughing about, of that I can assure you.

Using a home win against Dundee as part of an argument would be embarrassing for you if you knew the magnitude of our club and if you had any perspective whatsoever.

I really like the manager and I’m on record as saying regardless of what happens I won’t blame him for anything that happens this season, such is the insurmountable task he has at hand and the gross negligence of the board that he works under.

However, posts like yours absolutely do not help his cause. In actual fact it could turn people against him who were previously on the fence just due to the sheer arrogance, and unwarranted arrogance at that, spread across your entire post.

“Us Aussies”. What the * does that even mean? Speaking on behalf of an entire nation?

Clueless.

Free the Adblock likes this.
  19. James Gold Member Gold Member

I imagine if Larsson got the Celtic job and the Aussies stuck about it would be very much roles reversed :giggle1:

Cena and Callum McGregor like this.
  20. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I think this is meant to be an optimistic post, but when you say “only” 4 points behind, you do realise we are only 6 games in?

That can be seen as a positive but if we continue on the current trajectory we are getting humped out the park come the end of the season.

Free the Adblock likes this.