1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sin

Yes I never wanted him and he has shown nothing to make me change my mind.
    I don't see him changing plan A when it isn't working, he isn't ruthless enough when it is clear a player needs to be subbed.

He manages right out of the Lennon handbook...
    Change nothing and expect something different to happen on the park.
    No idea if it's because he doesn't know what to change or, like Lennon, he is 100% convinced he is right even when he clearly is wrong!

2. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Had a flashback last night of Barry Robson against the huns, 2 seconds into the game and clatters one of the mutants. That is the type of * we are missing right now.

Dan Breen and muaythai postie like this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We are a very weak, wee team..

Outside of Carter-Vickers we don't really have any imposing player's..

It's definitely part of the reason why we're so easy to play through and rough up..

4. CountyDownFaithful

Completely agree. It was so evident last season and it’s one of the few things I feel that’s been overlooked.

Just feel we are still 5/6 players away from a title winning squad. 2/3 straight into the first team and more options on the bench.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  5. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    No question we are a bit light weight I think particularly in midfield right now.

6. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Jason fhkkin Holt !! a skinny runt of a player , * strolling through that yesterday leaving the boot in plenty of times and not a c**t challenged him ! Oh * how we need a Broony in his prime !!! . Think it was a hun game and we were getting ragdolled fae them , Broony near halfs one of them , takes his booking and roars at every c**t to get a * grip !
    we go on to win if I remember .

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep..

Glad someone else noticed how he just went about roughing us up and taking liberties. A guy we've * slapped for year's..

Probably shows where we're at when our midfield don't even really muster up a challenge..

Scotia likes this.
  8. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We were the same last season. That's a concern I had with AP coming from Japan where I would imagine the game to be less physical, that he would prefer technically superior players that have no fight or aggression in them. Playing Rogic and Turnbull will work in some games but leaves us very weak defensively in midfield. McCarthy will hopefully solve that when he is up to speed. If he ever gets there.

9. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Didnt he finish 8th in his 3rd season in Japan?

Also, heavily beating the likes of Dundee by playing attractive football is nothing new at Celtic. Good and bad past managers have done it, some on a fairly regular basis, even John Kennedy managed a 6-0 last season. Beating Dundee 6- 0 at home is no yardstick.

This league is somewhat unique, in that there are only 2 teams who are capable of winning it any given year. All the rest see avoiding defeat in the games against the big 2 as a form of victory and will set out to simply do that at any cost. As has already been alluded to previously, its not the pretty football against relegation fodder that will ultimately win a manager this league. Its being able to win ugly, grind out results at places like Livingstone, hearts etc. It's having a manager that can manage a game that isn't going our way and turn 0 points into 1 or 1 point into 3. Sadly postecoglou has yet to show he is, or even will be, capable of any of this.

Maestro 08, James, Hammy89 and 3 others like this.
  10. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yes, we are so light weight, could maybe say Ralston along with CCV.
    And that's why runts like Holt act the part knowing there is nobody in our team to clip his wings.
    We need a midfield general, somebody that can control the game and stick the boot in when needed. Teams will just take liberties against us. Fine and dandy wanting to play Angeball, will work on a fine afternoon at Celtic Park, easy on the eye but on a cold, windy night at Motherwell, need to take out a few silky players and stick in a few players who can win that dirty ball

11. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    We all called it after the window that a few injuries would * us and that's proven to be the case.

I'm well aware one window wasn't going to be enough to fix this mess.

Having said that, points on the board are what matter and any team we put out should've been more than enough for Livi.

12. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I dont think its as black and white as that.
    We all know the rebuild was a huge job and we never replaced the quality we lost and the bodies we did bring in came in far later in the day than when they should have.

Despite the mistakes he has made thus far, far more blame still lays with the board for this mess than it does with Ange.

The board and the fans owe it to Ange to stick by him and give him time, especially because of the uphill task he had when he took over.

13. Couscous

He looked even fatter on the weekend. This is a rapidly worsening problem that will affect his mood, focus and ability to coach.

14. Sgt Neppers*

As well as the players needing to learn, adapt to Ange and his methods. He needs to learn and adapt to the league opposition and tactics. Not to adapt is foolish .

15. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Said this for a while. Giakoumakis will give us something different in our forward line but they need to get him ready yesterday.

Hart has given us presence, Carter Vickers is a rock, Ralston is a sturdy boy.
    We need something more in the middle of the park.

McChiellini.. and neilly1987 like this.
  16. Mr Diggler

I would be willing to take 6 months of pain if what you describe transpired. However no one can guarantee he will come good. Celtic is a way of life; we live and breathe the club and winning is everything. Losing with style is no consolation. Ange is a well established coach in Asia, that may buy him time in places like the J-League but at Celtic you have to hit the ground running or at the very least stay in touch at the top and beat Rangers. Qualifying for the Europa League has bought him some goodwill and some time when added to some impressive home performances. But make no mistake if he doesn't improve away from home and soon he will be gone

17. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Get this clown to * :56:

18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

So many new players to bed in too..

It's going to take time to get used to one another. It's just whether we can get results whilst the transition takes place.

19. Al Bootyerbaws

Jock Stein had a bigger gut than Ange and he done no bad. Some amount of pish on here the now.

20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Problem is i just canny see us going on an unbeaten run of games, which is what we really need to be doing.

Mince.Charming, neilly1987 and Sin like this.