1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

6 months of ordinary results gets you sacked here.

Get over it.

Belgian_lad and honda like this.
  2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We badly needed a manager with his own backroom team, yesterday i looked at Ange standing there with his arms folded, unable to even shout any instructions to the players, in the background sat dumb and dumber, not a good state of affairs tbh.

Ange badly needs to get results or he'll be oot the door, then again we said that about Lennon ....

Scotia and Free the Adblock like this.
  3. AussieGreek

And the board would've known that when they signed Ange and you all would've known that if you paid attention to what Aussie and Japanese supporters and journalists said.

Get over it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Shauny likes this.
  4. James Gold Member Gold Member

Not enough is made of that especially yesterday Kennedy and Strachan have watch us fail and fail again at Almondvale they surely have some input if the manager has kept them on as assistants surely they pull him and say the style he is trying to play is proven not to work against them. You could tell after 10 mins Abada and Jota were going to be nullified all afternoon

5. Shauny Shauny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think Ange knew the 'Honeymoon period' would end for him, because he wasn't talking things up.
    He is WELL AWARE his squad is short, SADLY we have injuries and some players are literally just filling sub slots just now.
    It WILL take a few more transfer windows for him to get it right, we MUST be patient, nobody in the history of football has bought a squad in 1 go and won the Treble. Rodgers came in with a BLOATED squad, added a few and flew with the old squad. We are now changing so quick. (boring time) I was a manager with kids, youth, adults, pro-youth, same League Celtic B are in now etc, etc and it CAN be frustrating knowing you have the tools, but some tools break. Keep in mind who is coming back, who we are yet to see and also the Transfer window re-opens in 17 weeks...
    I believe Ange will get this right, he doesn't get to high when we win, he doesn't get to low when we fail.
    He is no fool. The start reality is, we have too many high earners not in his plans. That as a manager can really make the difference. We have a wage structure for a reason, we don't want to go all Sevco. A few players are still finding fitness believe it or not, McCarthy being one. Soro can't be trusted and I KNOW Ange knows this...Why? Because he played a half fit McCarthy away to Livi instead of Soro. Trust in the Ange... Football is a moment game, a must win game for Celtic and I am in. Yesterday I was in a huff at full time, headset on and music to shut the world up :76: But you have to go again...and we will.. #HH
    :Kyogo:

bobs1974 and AussieGreek like this.
  6. Shauny Shauny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    But I think he has proves so far in his career he CAN LEARN.
    We are all suddenly forgetting the 2 x 6-0 games? .... Livi away is a poisoned place to go for us.
    Next game, lets get behind the team. And I DON'T CARE about Sevco, literally an afterthought after a * whilst smoking... :57:

7. AussieGreek

Are your shags so bad you think of those mutants afterwards?!

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I'm happy to give him time, think we're on the right track with him and what he's trying to implement..

And we have improved.

Needs to put a run together now though. Get some momentum going.

Avatar Daizen, Mickmac, eire4 and 2 others like this.
  9. Shauny Shauny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I have Australian family in Adelaide and they can't believe how we are reacting and why.
    We were told and above again, once he gets his staff in order, he does well.
    Good post here :ange:

10. Shauny Shauny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :56:Yeah I could have worded this better :40:

AussieGreek likes this.
  11. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    It’s our worst start in 20+ years, so that’s the ‘why’ question answered.

Wether or not it’s all just part of the process is anyone’s guess at this stage, but the one thing I’m sure of is you have to get results here quickly. I don’t think there’s serious pressure on his job just now, but he needs to string together a proper run of wins starting now basically.

As much as we were warned, it was also made clear to everyone warning us that he wouldn’t be given some sort of grace period to get things right. That’s arguable the most significant difference between what he’s been used to previously and what he’s facing now.

Maestro 08 and Shauny like this.
  12. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Our 1st choice 11 look like a team who could go on and win the league. Unfortunately we don't have enough strength in depth. We don't have a replacement for Calmac or Kyogo or Forrest (Abada is good but young and inconsistent) when injured. We don't have a proven left winger. Our only hope is if these guys can get fit and stay fit and/or some of the young guys like Monty and even Mikey if he can stay fit step up and become reliable first team players.

The Prof likes this.
  13. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Well he won't get the time ffs. You all didn't get this at the start and you're clearly still no getting it.
    Celtic is in different league to the backwater football in Oz. What he done in oz and japan buys him * all time here. Unless you're Guardiola, Klopp or Mourinho etc, then you don't get to come to Celtic, do * and give it the 'ach, calm down. I told you, I come good after 9 months' ... ain't happening.

He either wins, more than he's ever won. Or he's gone. That simple.

Get over it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    honda likes this.
  14. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    For me the majority of the fans got far too carried away with the hype and unrealistic expectations early on.
    Theres been clear signs of progress but we still lack depth in quality.

The only reason things are not worse at the moment is because Rangers havnt had the best run of form at the moment, but it shouldnt be forgotten that they still have far greater depth in quality than us.

I think Ange still needs another transfer window to move a few out and bring a few in.

I think the board need to either go all in and fully back him and allow him to bring in his own staff or if not, risk the project dismantling and i think Ange deserves the former.

That plastic pitch is always a thorn for us and I would make a prediction at the moment that the by next time we visit the tony macaroni things will be very different.

Mickmac and bobs1974 like this.
  15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Look we all like ange. We all want him to do good. Fact is, if he's miles behind by Christmas and no looking good at all he will be gone, vamoosh, out the door with his tail between his legs wanting back in on the Japanese football scene.

If he looses the league by a point or two, then fair * he may get another season. Maybe. Win nothing and he will be gone thats just life here. If he was klopp he would be gone. Facts.

Now I think he won't be gone, and I believe we will win the league.

BigDoggyWoofWoof and bobs1974 like this.
  16. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Unless the Huns have a nuclear meltdown then no chance. We can't win away and can't defend. A simple route one ball over the top exploits us every single time.

17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Huns are drawing at home on fake flag day (technically should have lost if the ref would call penalty..) huns are melting down.

18. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    We all know we lack strength in depth but for me our biggest failure is not buying a proper central midfielder in the mould of a Lennon, some real presence who just breaks up play and can protect the guys around him to allow McGregor and rogic in particular to do their stuff. We are team of boys playing a man's game and you just know they'll lose out on the physical side of the game

King of Kings and Double Dutch like this.
  19. Belgian_lad

You are giving our board too much credit here, our board and knowing stuff that is good for the sporting side? sh******te lol. You have now seen how quickly the place turns from Disneyland to hotel california in a matter of 2/3 games. 6 months in Glasgow is an eternity. I moved to Glasgow in the late 90s, when i arrived everyone was happy Barnes just signed as a manager, a couple of expensive players, even a Brazilian named Sheidt(and he was propper sh*te, cost 5mil GBP which was a lot of money 20yrs ago didnt even play a single minute). Then Larson broke his leg, by winter we lost to Inverness in the cup and in not even 6 months the whole place was in flames and the manager was sacked. Things turn sour really quickly here, cause of the rivalry. Its hard to understand it when you havent lived in Glasgow, but its so real that hatred, the feeling of going into work being the second best and those scummy huns putting you down. Its propper bitter and nasty, so for us second best is a hard nut to crack. Lucky i am not in living in Glasgow anymore and dont have to see those hun faces anymore after a defeat. I think some Greek rivalries are very fierce too. But in Glasgow you have the added undertone of racism and bigotry towards Irish and catholic people. Which makes it even more unique and personal for many people. So Celtic is more then just a football club, its so much more and people need it to be succesfull to feel good about themself. As life in Glasgow can be tough.

20. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah, let's hope it continues cos we ain't winning * all otherwise.

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.