1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Why do folk keep mentioning a defensive coach? Name one club that employs a defensive coach? And not a first team coach who used to be a defender but they have a job title as defensive coach?
    This isn't the NFL's ffs the manager coaches the team and supplies the tactics assisted by the am and first team coaches

2. Mr Diggler

At the risk of arrogance you don't get six months at Celtic. You either win or you are gone and with the fans back in the stadium anymore * ups like yesterday and Hearts away will see him come under severe pressure.

greengrocer, Leone Naka Fan and seanm like this.
  3. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
  4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Rogic and Turnbull are vastly improved and Calmac has taken to the captaincy like a duck to water. CCV looks excellent to me, Ralston is playing out of his skin, I’ve personally not written off Starfelt and Juranovic will be class.

Easy to jump on the negativity bandwagon after a defeat IMO. The away form is a huge red flag and needs rectified but some of the football we’ve played at home has been exceptional.

ynwa1987 likes this.
  5. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    SET PIECE KING
    Chelsea’s secret weapon is coach Anthony Barry, who has tightened up defence and got them scoring goals from set pieces.
    The headline above disagrees and seems to be set piece expert, hardly a defensive coach

seanm likes this.
  6. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Did you read the article? For example;

"In 11 games, Chelsea have kept five clean sheets and currently boast the second best defensive record in the Premier League, as Barry has got to work on the training pitch."

7. celtic warrior

For all the signings the club made, the squad is embarrassingly thin and devoid of talent.

Our away record is beyond unacceptable as well, Ange has my support, but if the board actually go out in Jan and sign more talent and give this said the depth is * crying out for and results don't change?, then I will be asking questions of Ange.

Saying all this, he's still making * subs, I mean ffs, Bitton and Soro when we are chasing a game? I know the bench is rubbish but surely you can be more ambitious than that.

Artorias and greengrocer like this.
  8. scootz

He has to do better…

9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Part in bold, He’s been managing since 1995. So to claim what you said in bold you are clearly over exaggerated what he has achieved for what he has won as a manager.

As for Dundee we should be pumping them regardless.

We have the biggest budget in Scottish football, players out injured or not we have enough in the team to beat other sides, he needs to adapt which he isn’t doing.

He won’t get time here.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    The big Viduka likes this.
  10. celtic20

6 months of mediocrity away from home loses us the league and hands Rangers straight entry into the UCL.

If that's the route we've decided to go down, * help us trying to catch them.

11. Crilly

Spot on tbh, the way the club is run is shocking. Hire a new ceo and he’s gone after what 8 weeks. Ange needs work best with what he has though and try new systems/work on defending in training, it’s like whatever way they shape up with the full backs they leave no cover on the cb’s

john2061 likes this.
  12. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Our defensive coach is still here...says a lot...

13. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    He doesn't know how to change it when things aren't going our way in games, I don't think he's gonna be good enough to win us the league and if he doesn't he should go.

JamesM09 likes this.
  14. JamesM09

People need to stop banging on about the next transfer window. It's about 20 games away and we have a 50% win rate in the league.

The manager isn't changing games when it's going poorly. That's the number one problem right now.

This year if we are going to win the league it will be by a few points or even just a few goals. Every single point is a prisoner. This league will be won by getting a win away at Livingston when your team is full of injuries, not by beating Dundee at home 6-0 when you've got a full squad.

To shrug your shoulders and make an excuse about the squad while the manager stands and watches us make barely a chance against the worst team in the league is just deluding yourself.

Ange needs to improve and he needs to do it by the next game.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    bhoy81 and Bonobhoy like this.
  15. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Whatever you call it "defensive coach" "first team coach" etc, it's severely lacking. It's known that Ange is not defensive minded, therefore he needs a coach to complement that and instill that defense.

No winning team has been built on a ropey defense, if you cannot defend you will not win trophies as we proved last season.

The team is thin yes, we should still be beating livi with the squad we had out there though.

I would like to see more from Ange on matchday management, I didn't get to see it all, I had to radio for bits but it was clear it wasn't working, get subs on earlier, change the tact to create more chances of it's not working. It's certainly a more exciting team than last season and there have been some big improvements in individuals but we need more. This is a massive season with direct qualification to the champions League, that would be soo massive as it will address a key issue of ours as a club and that's * up the qualifiers by having a depleted squad and making late unfit signings.

16. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Neil Lennon entered the chat and disagreed*

17. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    So you expect us to beat Livingston in every game that we play them in for the rest of our lives?

18. JamesM09

This shows the complete ignorance of Scottish and European football that many of us have worried about.

It's a minor miracle Ange isn't 9 points behind already. By your own statement we're completely relying on the huns being * for 6 months.

19. James Gold Member Gold Member

I wouldn't say Turnbull has vastly improved he was our best player last year. I'd say both Rogic and Turnbull have been inconsistent so far. The midfield for me especially is the area that is weaker we lost Brown, Christie and Ntcham and replaced them with Mcarthy

20. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    * knows where we go from here , but he needs to find a solution fast . He's not helped by players making individual mistakes and when he looks at his bench he must feel like tearing his hair out .