1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Spider-Man 2

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by celtic20, Sep 10, 2021.

Discuss Marvel's Spider-Man 2 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic20

So, so excited for this. Kraven and Venom the main villains for this one. Not sure how many on here played the first one and Miles Morales, but the second could be the best yet.

Artorias likes this.
  2. dmccourt95

Buzzing for this, first one and miles morales were amazing and this could top both. Also hyped for the Wolverine game being made by Insomniac

3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

1st one is one of the best games I’ve ever played. Never actually got round to playing Miles Morales because I was hoping to get a PS5 before getting it.

4. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Just finished Miles Morales right off the back of the 1st game. Incredibly good games polished to a crazy degree. My Mrs was creaming herself whenever she passed and saw the NYC setting and she was loving looking around at the landmarks.

I liked how they have teased venom through the 1st and then Miles Morales too. The trailer was very cool, think its too creepy to show the weans though.

5. celtic20

Aw so glad I'm not the only one on the forum that loved these games. I'm a massive Spider-Man fan, read a lot of the comics and had a ton of the games for the PS2 and Xbox 360. But Spider-Man PS4 was just the complete superhero game for me.

Really interested to see how they introduce Venom. I don't necessarily think it's going to be Harry Osborne though. I imagine they'll come up with some arc in which it finds its way to Brock.

6. celtic20

Aye Venom looks * terrifying!

Artorias likes this.
  7. JamesM09

The trailer seemed to suggest co-op which would be * brilliant.

Excited for that and Gotham Knights too which should be similar.

8. BelfastCelt88

1st one was one of the best games I’ve played. Didn’t play Miles Morales, would it be recommended to? Is it much different from the 1st?

Buzzing for this one now!

9. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    The only game that makes me want to get a PS... 1st was ace, played it at my mates a few times!

10. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Just finished Miles morales and have mixed feelings. Technically its amazing in terms of graphics and scale, swinging through New York with those visuals and at 60fps was a joy, the combat was fine similar to the first but my issues came with the story and characters. The story was so predictable, as soon you meet the characters in the first few hours you know exactly where the story was headed and there was zero twists along the way. Miles was bland and his whiney voice got on my nerves, every other character including the antagonists were just walking cliches but the worst thing about the game easily was the writing, there was so many times during this game where I ended up pausing the game cause the writing and dialogue was just so * cringeworthy.
    Im still looking forward to spiderman 2 but i hope they cut out the cringey writing and if miles is a playable character that they make him less of a goody 2 shoes.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Notice this had a thread.

I'm.a bit into this, but think it's absolutely fantastic.

The story so far has been good, kinda know where it's going and noticing the first post on here it's confirmed, lol.

12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It was very good.

13. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Probably still a bit to go in game, but this is becoming an all time fav for me, absolutely loving it.

Even liking the little side missions with some touching moments.

14. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Finished this the other day, defo comes up in an all time fav for me.

Loved the story and liked the whole shared Spiderman experience and getting to play other characters too.