1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

At the same time we shouldn't have hired him if we weren't prepared to buy into his vision. The board will have known that it's taken time in the past, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them put the entirety of the blame on him.

2. Barry Robson

Needs to put a winning run of games together sooner rather than later

3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I was expecting to come in here and see him criticised. He deserves that. Talk about getting rid of the manager at this stage just makes me feel like I’m on a forum with a bunch of 10 year olds though.

markybhoy1976 likes this.
  4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    But it’s Ange’s tactics, formation and instructions not Strachan and Kennedy.

5. Al Bootyerbaws

You stick to shouting for folk to be banned and leave the football discussion to the adults. Grass.

6. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Home to Raith in the league cup on Thursday night and then home to Dundee United in the league on Sunday afternoon. Today's loss is a sore one and given our record at Livingston I can just about write it off as a bad day at the office, but those are 2 must-wins next week or the wheels will start to come off the rails of Project Angeball

7. bhoy81

Does anyone know where the Greek lad is? Also why hasn’t he even considered using one of our youth forwards for the bench?

8. leeso-ardoyne

Crazy people even coming off with this so soon into the a season. Livi has always been a difficult ground away and coming off the back of a European night just a few days ago in that heat was always going to be a tight game. I wasn't expecting us to hammer them. I'm as disgusted as anyone on here about at that result but come on to *, were only into September with a new manager. It's time for cool heads and leave the man at it fir now without having to look over his shoulder so soon into this job. He deserves to at least xmass then we'll see where he's at. And even at thst, I think that's still abit to soon after what he inherited from last season. Fs Alex Ferguson for 5 seasons I think it was before he sorted that mess out. September and some of our supporters are calling for his head already haha. Bonkers!

markybhoy1976 and Slaw like this.
  9. Maestro 08

Horrific from first to last. His hands in his pockets the full game. I thought we were getting this ultra attacking output. I was....against my better judgement willing to embrace that.....but didn't even get that. Turgid, side to side #Lennyball.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  10. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He needs alot more time in my opinion. He will be under pressure now though as I said before. But I'd certainly give him another transfer window

11. Maestro 08

Aye that was the problem.

Free the Adblock likes this.
  12. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    He is under a bit of pressure and rightly so but talk of the sack is a little early. We need to go on a domestic winning streak now or we may find ourselves in deep *. Huns form is not great either but we have just gifted them a 4 point cushion when we should be clawing back a couple of points and letting them feel us breathing down their necks. * of a result today

13. CountyDownFaithful

Simply not good enough. Today has been a reality check that we haven’t made much progress since last season.

All the early season optimism is completely gone. Pressure will be cranked up from the support and rightly so.

14. bhoy81

We lost a total of 5 games in the league last season we are up to 3 already.

Yes we drew loads but it’s extremely worrying.

15. Pearse67*

One dimensional, cant organise a defence it seems nor a different way to break sides down.

Ok at home when we have space, but an isolated striker with 3 centre mids standing next to eachother is pish, not one * is breaking into the box.

16. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah bud, its demoralising.

My views on this project are well documented, I've probably mentally conceded the title to they monkey * but I will give him to Christmas in my own head to see if he is capable of building something.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  17. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Feel sorry for him.

I like him a lot but the task he has is insurmountable.

He’s over here with none of his own staff that he can actually trust, no data analysts, no sports science department, no scouting network of any note.

He’s going to be a scapegoat for the Tory board’s arrogance and deficiencies.

I’m * furious but on the list of those to blame for the state we are in, he’s near the very bottom.

King of Kings likes this.
  18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Only saving grace is we've lost 3 and are only 4pts behind.

19. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Why does he persist in playing the same formation when we obviously don’t have the players for it? Looks like he has no idea how to change a game.

20. Maestro 08

Desperate for him to do well but you don't need to burrow down too far to see he's having a mare. He's fortunate he's got a good personality bcos he'd be hounded otherwise.