1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Real Betis v Celtic Thursday 16th September 5:45 kick off Bt sport 3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 11, 2021.

Discuss Real Betis v Celtic Thursday 16th September 5:45 kick off Bt sport 3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jeffrey

Maybe I’m daft but I think CCV was worse than Starfelt tonight. Absolutely sold the jerseys for the second, causing the turning point in the game.

2. limezer

I still think we are progressing on the park, we should have got something from the game tonight and considering we have just started a complete rebuild and a few of our top players out I was surprised by the way we started.

Dalbeth3 likes this.
  3. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Ange is tweaking Starfelt and getting him up to scratch to play better . I think he has total confidence in Welsh.

4. cammy07

Score 3 away from home in Europe and still lose. We concede the most basic of goals time and time again and it kills us.

Unfortunately when we're continually needing to score 3 and 4 to just get a draw we won't pick up many points, especially in the away games.

Betis are a decent side littered with a few top class players but no more. When we gift them 4 goals effectively for free they will punish us 99/100.

Hammy89 likes this.
  5. joemc

Starfelt seems so clumsy on the ball, I keep getting flashbacks of us losing a goal and him on the ground slapping the turf, feel he is a loser but I keep hoping he will come good, I look at Welsh ralston and monty a d feel they are doing great work.

6. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Our defence is * muck, hate to say it but the huns will probably win the league.

7. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    The Huns are in decline. If we keep improving we could end up blowing them away

8. john2061

There seem to be a mental weakness in the players when they lose a goal and it's been that way for years with different Celtic squads as we remember we have been up 2-0 in games in the past and either draw or get beat .

9. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If thats true then he is a very expensive dud. Who is scouting some of these players? Who thought £4.5 million was a good deal for Starfelt, there were many comments made by people who had been following his career such as the Swedish national teams fans who couldnt believe we were shelling out that type of money on him.

Our scouting team has produced some absolutely awful players over the years and needs to be seriously looked at and overhauled. Disgusting the amount of money we have thrown away on players that were never good enough to play for Celtic.

Big C likes this.
  10. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Is that the reason he is being played ahead of Welsh ? Get him to perform and get better for the 4.5 mill paid for him rather than have him sit on the bench ?

11. CountyDownFaithful

Quite disheartening and tough to take.

The first 25 minutes we were absolutely dominant and looked well worth a 2 goal lead.

However all of our good play and attacking intent was ultimately wasted by our inability to defend as a team. We have seen this story unfold countless times especially in Europe, but it doesn’t make it any easier to digest.

Hopefully we will get better as players return but Ange really needs to address the defensive issues. I really do like his style but you need to be able to defend and do the basics right.

12. Big C

I said weeks ago, who sanctioned that money for Starfelt?? Whoever it was needs sacked with immediate effect.

13. john2061

All comes down what's going on behind the scenes and at present we have a temporary CEO and no head of recruitment and no sports science people at the moment and you can see why players like starfelt been signed and a Greek striker that can't play for 20 mins of a game and we are a cluster * behind the scenes .

14. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Not bad for a lad coming back from illness.

15. Mr Diggler

Imagine spending £10 million on Starfelt, Bolingoli and Taylor. Dear lord.

16. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    What happens when ye don’t have a scouting network in place... club needs a full restructure but the powers that be don’t want that for whatever reason

17. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Time to blood some of the younger, promising subs in lower end SPL games and give them some game time to get them up to speed over a month.

18. greenpegasus

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I really am trying to stay positive, we have good attacking play, but our defensive lapses are horrendous to watch, how many defeats is that we've had this season already 4 or 5.

Let's see how we compete, if we can keep players fit, we seem to always be plagued by injuries..

19. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    We need a second Callum.

20. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Betis will lose in the home leg to us.