1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Making Europe was massive considering obvious squad problems we had (and still have) and playing good football to get there again with the squad that we have. We'll win plenty of games In the league and see what happens.

Doing this with the disruption behind the scenes makes it more impressive with how the manager has kept the focus.

Honestly think folk need a reality check the now. My expectations are realistic this season and I'm not expecting any miracles especially with the scope of the rebuild required but we made decent (not perfect) progress with this over the summer window.

2. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Considering what Lennon left us with last season, the start has been better than I expected.

We're playing some amazing attacking football and knocked AZ out the league where nobody gave us a chance.

There are obviously negatives, Ange needs to learn how to organize the defence and not buying a replacement for Christie was sheer negligence, and there's the stuff with Mackay as well.

Some people have/are over-reacting, aye, and Ange needs a good away win soon, but I honestly expected us to really struggle this season, at the very least I think we'll challenge for the title.

Fontaine likes this.
  3. James Gold Member Gold Member

Making Europe was almost always guaranteed with the Conference now being there. We should have got past Midtjyland they were a poor side. We've had 2 tough games domestically and lost both of them I think we're a million miles away from a positive start

The Phoenix likes this.
  4. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

I’d assume he’s talking about how we were at rock bottom last season, we were painful to watch, couldn’t score a goal for *, fans had lost faith in the team. This season we’ve been playing free flowing football, scoring handfuls of goals most games, the games we’ve lost we could have won if luck was on our side. That’s some turnaround in a matter of months. It’s promising and it’s as about a good as start as we could have hoped for

5. James Gold Member Gold Member

But we are struggling we've already lost twice in the league surely putting up a challenge is the barest of minimums no ?

6. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It’s great playing good football if he doesn’t sort the defence though he will get sacked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    We lost away to Hearts and Rangers, our two toughest away games, and the only reason we lost to Hearts was a goal wrongly ruled for offside, Abada's goal counts and we go on to win that game. * you could even say Edouard missing an absolute sitter cost us at least a draw at Ibrox.

If we lose or draw on Sunday that changes things, but for now I'm happy enough, it was blatantly clear that it was going to take a massive, massive rebuild from last season.

There's still a lot of room for improvement, don't disagree there, but I was expecting worse.

Fontaine, Damnati and Idioteque like this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. James Gold Member Gold Member

If your auntie had baws and all that patter we didn't deserve to win either game really. I'm not saying I want him sacked or anything but I can't get carried away of the back of a couple of good performances at home to poorer sides the one big plus so far was AZ at home

10. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    We'll agree to disagree mate, I think there's clear improvements needed in Ange's game (Defence and subs) but I think he's done a good job so far, Lennon really, really lowered the standards for everything at the club.

As I said, that all changes on Sunday if he drops points there, could change the mood completely for a lot of people.

James likes this.
  11. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Hart
    Juranovic Jullien Welsh Scales
    Bitton CalMac
    Karamoko Rogic Johnston
    Kyogo
    Would like to see something like this when more players start to return

12. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm probably a neanderthal with my view, but I always think successful teams have a few players that in a fight on a night out would get tore right in....our team look really light and would be jumping fences to get out the way.

Ange needs a few hard * for Angeball to succeed and we don't have any.

Xatraps likes this.
  13. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, I think you're one of the folk needing a reality check that I mentioned previously.

We were severely * after the state Lennon left us In last season - not a kick in the * of a new starting xi required. Ange has came in and made a decent start at building the team back up but we're still fair way off it regardless of the good football we're playing.

We're another window or two away from being comfortable.

So aye, all things considered it's a decent start.

14. FairDinkumMate

They had a poor side? We played Midtyand with Bain in goal, Bitton/ Murray at cb and Taylor. Same for Hearts game. People have short memories. Coach hasn’t even got his own assistants, no fitness or sports science crew, no head of recruitment. As for making changes tonight the bench was bare

15. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Genuinely think we'd struggle to finish third with that team

Xatraps and Fontaine like this.
  17. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Don’t think anyone is getting carried away. It’s a monumental task to get us back to the levels we expect to be at. Lots of positives to take from all our games so far. I can see progress and that’s all we can ask this far into his term as manger. I’d like to see a bit more organisation in defence but playing the system he does it’s gonna take time for players to adapt. That’s down to the players to adapt. It’s a whole new back 5 and it’s never gonna click instantly, especially due to us having to chop and change players due to the unforeseen circumstances so far. Let’s judge him once we have a settled squad. We are already depleted looking at the bench in recent games.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Drugs are bad, mmmkay

19. James Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon left us up * creek I agree but no matter how you dress it up 2 defeats out of 5 domestically can't be a positive. As well as we played in the home games we've been every bit as bad away from home. We should have done far more business in the window but thats not on the manager.

Yes they had a poor side and our also poor side had enough to get past them don't you agree?. We all pointed out he didn't have his own backroom team and myself and many others wanted the current coaching staff out the door with Lennon but half of Australia has told us this is how Ange operates

Fontaine likes this.
  20. davidhannah

We played la liga at their own game and it was great to watch. I'm proud of the team for their effort. We'll only get better.

Rydo1888*, Wee Baldy and gazb1888 like this.