1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. gazb1888

Had his shooting boots on again for Scotland last night I see.. just on the wrong feet..

Buster likes this.
  2. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Just me that thinks he chose Bournemouth to be close to his pal with the overrated hair?

Buster likes this.
  3. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    What's this "overrated hair" you talk about about. Just asking for a friend

Ziggy likes this.
  4. markybhoy1976 Gold Member Gold Member

Didn’t exactly set the heather alight there in the Bournemouth v QPR game. Subbed off as well.

5. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Will never win a trophy again in his life.

6. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Please tell me you didn’t watch that * when the champions league is on :giggle1:

7. Buster

In our situations mate any hair is overrated

8. markybhoy1976 Gold Member Gold Member

After a brief scramble to think of an excuse, I’ve concluded it’s best not to chuck the missus under the bus and just come clean so disgracefully yes I did indeed watch that * instead of the champions league.

9. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    And never to play European football again, hope they get relegated.

10. JED

Subbed in 86th minute?

Did he play crap or was that to get the applause for job well done?

11. Maestro 08

Their forums seem to think he'll be a huge player for them and has superb technique. Not surprised tbh, for all the frustration he caused, he'll easily be one of if not their best player. That level isn't all that. Very physical but not oozing with talent.

12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Sadly the English play offs have a trophy and a medal despite coming 3rd or worse in the league.
    To be honest medals aren't important to some players, and he has won 7 medals in his career (don't think he got medals for 16 or 17 title wins) which is more than most players ever will.
    He may do well but Norwich walked the league last year, look at them now. Same for Watford. The Championship isn't all that.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ryan Christie insists he didn’t leave Celtic for money and has hit back at the snipers who gave him flak for moving to Bournemouth.

MailSport can reveal that Celtic received a £2.5 million fee for Christie, which could rise to £4m with add-ons, despite him having just four months left on his contract.

Bournemouth and Premier League outfit Burnley had both agreed that deal but Christie picked the Cherries because of gaffer Scott Parker’s style of football and desire to get them back into the Premier League.

His decision to move to the Championship saw the 26-year-old branded a money grabber and lacking ambition.

His dad Charlie, who has also come in for unfair criticism, had it out with old Celtic team-mate Provan over his comments.

His dad Charlie, who has also come in for unfair criticism, had it out with old Celtic team-mate Provan over his comments.

And in an exclusive interview with MailSport , he said: “In terms of the money grabbing shout that’s going about – I just don’t understand it.

“It just confirms to me that most of this stuff comes out of thin air.

“Money-wise, there were better options for me in the Premier League. And if I wanted to be a bit-part player for a club in that league, I’d have gone there.

“But I wanted to join a club where I felt I’d be an important player and there would be pressure on me to play well.

“Bournemouth was perfect as a team who are desperate to play in the Premier League.

“And if we can get up, hopefully I can be a vital player there.

“I didn’t want to come down here, play for a club where I’d get 20 minutes there or there and take up a wage.”

Christie, who won two Trebles at Celtic and scored 42 goals in his time at Parkhead, felt he wanted a fresh challenge away from Scotland.

He believes Parker’s style of play will suit him down the ground as he aims to help the club reach the Premier League in his first year.

He said: “I’ve heard people question my ambition but I don’t understand that at all. I actually see it as the polar opposite

“I’ve done everything I wanted to do at Celtic in terms of achievements.

“So my ambition is now to go and achieve something else in my career and hopefully get to play in the Premier League

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  14. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    We believe you, Ryan..... :fear:

15. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    He wanted to move down to England end of

If he wanted to stay at celtic and we offered 20k + he would still have left. I doubt Bournemouth would be paying much more.
    He wanted to leave. We didn't really seem to push the talks as it wasn't really going to happen.

Thanks for your service now enjoy Bournemouth. Don't see you going up much from there

16. Maestro 08

Generally want the players that leave us to do well and yes it's purely on a selfish basis but I won't lie...would be happy for him to bomb down there and end up fannying about in the lower leagues for a few years before crawling back to Inverness. Something about the way he's gone about things that's really soured me against him.

17. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    It’s not so much him as his old man trying to flog him to every second club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maestro 08 likes this.
  18. James Gold Member Gold Member

He is a huge miss for us especially with Mcgregor out

19. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Christie on Ange:

“From what I’ve seen of Ange through working with him, I’m convinced Celtic can get back on top with him in charge. If Ange is the manager for a long time they will be successful. I’ve no doubt about that,” the former Celtic midfielder told RecordSport.

“I could tell that from one of the first sessions he took. It’s actually frustrating that part of me wishes I’d have got to work under him for a bit longer. But my time was up and I needed a change.

“I get on really well with Ange and enjoyed playing under him. I can’t say a bad word about him. He was superb from the get-go. He came in and realised that my situation was a bit strange in terms of my contract running out. But he just said to me that whether I was going to be there for three weeks, three months or five years, he would treat me as part of the squad.

“That was music to my ears because I was scared that my situation might automatically mean that I didn’t play as much. He could have gone with players who – from the outside – might have looked more committed to what he was trying to do.

“But the way I trained, I like to think I proved that I was worthy of playing under him and willing to learn, even at that stage. In such a short space of time with him, I learned plenty which is amazing.

“I owe him a big thank you and I wish him and the team all the best. I really want him to do well.

“He understood my decision totally. I made it clear that it was maybe time for a new challenge and he didn’t hold that against me. That’s all I could ask for and the way he dealt with things was brilliant.

“That’s the way I think managers should be. You hear about it getting a bit nasty at other clubs but he was perfect.”

20. Maestro 08

He's trying too hard. Do us a favour and shut it eh.

FranceCelt and Gabriel like this.