1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dominic McKay

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Jan 29, 2021.

Discuss Dominic McKay in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Definitely. Sadly I'm sure I read that he's lost touch a bit with following our game's/doesn't watch too many anymore out in Oz (could be wrong)..

Does Bobby Lennox regularly attend game's?

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I’m sure Lennox attends quite regularly mate, I’ve not heard or seen Jim Craig as much on Celtic TV lately. But as others have said these guys are part of our heritage and should be treated as such. I hate Man Utd but you can’t fault the way they treat their ex players and managers.

The Phoenix and McChiellini.. like this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    He comes across a proper quiet guy, so wasn't sure if he was one that maybe stayed away and did his own thing. Love him..

John Clark obviously had numerous roles here so always been about. Following on from that, if any of these guy's were ever disrespected as has been mentioned in this thread, the current hierarchy should be sat down and shown the video of Clark as kitman..

These guy's should never be forgotten..

I actually thought they were all looked after, as many club's rightfully do. Shameful if they're no..

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I would like to think things changed after the families were * off, but reading some of the stuff on here it’s a disgrace.

5. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

It was wee Fergus that made sure the Lions got looked after again. Guys like Wullie Haughey looked after them too,especially Bertie (my all time hero) and Jinky.

Bobby Lennox was about for years but not seen him so much recently.

Speaking from what I know first hand there's always lots of the old guard about on match day and I still giggle like a wee girl seeing and talking to them.

There is more to the McKay story though.

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Lennox does his hospitality bit for the club..

They are definitely better looked after in recent years, but they were incredibly neglected before Fergus came in, the Lions had to look after themselves without any help from the club, couldn't even get a club blazer and had to commission their own video if I remember rightly.. Think a few washed their hands with the club there and then...

7. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This was the sort of thing I was talking about on the previous page also. :50:

Wee Baldy and JC Anton like this.
  8. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    So he's not doing his old role at all?

This lad isn't going to be temporary at all.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

MickeyyMack likes this.
  10. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Doubt it will be temporary, time will tell

Peej likes this.
  11. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing

Ramon Vega seems keen on the job... Got a feeling he'd be exactly what we need

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    No thanks..

13. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Seem to remember his first game and he scored two. Didn’t seem to give a * about doing his part for the team in his position, just went ahead and played the hero and it came off, can’t remember him scoring any more ? If his attitude is still the same I’d be worried if he came anywhere near us tbh.

14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Remember him being a very good player for us tbh.

Massive part of the centre backs job under O’Neill was to get forward for set pieces and score, which I’m guessing is where those two goals came from.

15. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Na, I wouldn't read too much into that, as he is in that role, even temporarily, it needs changed with companies House, it I'll be a termination and appointment if and when he moves back as well

Taz likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.epcrugby.com/2021/10/21/epcr-appoints-dominic-mckay-as-interim-chairman/

EPCR, organiser of the Heineken Champions Cup and EPCR Challenge Cup tournaments, is pleased to announce that Dominic McKay has been appointed as a non-executive director and as its chairman on an interim basis.

McKay has extensive experience of rugby administration having held a number of senior and board positions during a 13-year period at Scottish Rugby and at various international organisations.

In 2008, he was appointed Director of Communications and Public Affairs at BT Murrayfield before joining the board of Scottish Rugby in 2013.

He became Scottish Rugby’s Chief Operating Officer in 2015, a position which included oversight of the commercial activities of Glasgow Warriors and Edinburgh Rugby. He also served as chairman of the PRO14, now reconstituted as the United Rugby Championship, and was previously a board member of Rugby Europe. His most recent role was as Chief Executive of Celtic Football Club.

On behalf of the EPCR Board, Mark McCafferty said: “Following the new EPCR agreement concluded in April, we are now entering an exciting era for Heineken Champions Cup and EPCR Challenge Cup rugby beginning with December’s opening rounds of matches. There are many initiatives underway to build on the success of the tournaments and on the passion of the clubs, players, fans and partners participating in them. So we are delighted at this time to have someone of Dominic’s calibre and experience joining us, and I am sure we shall benefit from his strategic and leadership skills.”

McKay, who will take up the position immediately following the completion of Simon Halliday’s two terms of office, said: “I am delighted and humbled to be asked to chair the EPCR Board and I very much look forward to working with all our stakeholders across Europe as well as with the Board and executive team in Lausanne to further develop the Heineken Champions Cup and EPCR Challenge Cup in the months ahead.”

Creativecelt likes this.
  17. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Well at least that quashes the illness/personal issues rumour then.

So we have to make the inference that he was either pushed out by an archaic board or not up to the job...my suspicion would be the former.

Lennon1888, Hammy89, martin_d and 2 others like this.
  18. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Well, yeah... that happened. Is going to open up even more questions about the circumstances of his departure from Celtic.

martin_d likes this.
  19. James Gold Member Gold Member

Think it confirms what most suspected the personal reasons were bullshit. NDA and a payoff and we'll put it down to personal reasons

martin_d likes this.
  20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Answers a few for me.

We all know how this board operates and we all have seen how they have worded statements regards the "interim" CEO.

He was pushed out.

Not sure you can declare someone not up to that level of job after 72 days in the job, when you had 2-3months of the guy shadowing the former CEO as well.

They will have known he was of the right standard to do a CEO job, it's simply he wasn't doing it their way.

Clubs a * joke from top to bottom and will now continue that way.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Hammy89, martin_d and john2061 like this.