1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dominic McKay

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Jan 29, 2021.

Discuss Dominic McKay in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Big C

Gutted by this, rightly or wrongly and we’ll never know, I thought this was the start of a new beginning within the boardroom of Celtic. I’d hate to think he was forced out by the board because DD should know we need to change and should not have let this happen. If it is in fact legitimately family reasons, then I hope he can sort everything out.

cat123 and callumrae1967 like this.
  2. BVBDrew

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Whiskey is the Life of Man
    He'd be used to this, the infighting in Australian football is off the scale. People forget why they're in the positions they are and focus on themselves and their mates, to the detriment of the game.

3. BVBDrew

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Whiskey is the Life of Man
    Just let him coach.

4. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Any way you look at this it's a total joke. If he's great then the board have * the club. If he's * then the board have * the club.
    Set back by those * for so many years it's hard to believe.

5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

It’ll come out in the wash what’s really going on but ultimately we as fans are more invested in this type of * than we should be.

It won’t effect the squad or how we play tomorrow one single iota.

6. JamesM09

I said he would’ve learned more in a few months at Celtic than 10 years doing anything else.

He’s signed a * tonne of players and sold a * tonne of players. It’s been a massive amount of experience for just a few months work. Literally made deals worth tens of millions of pounds.

People actually sitting thinking he’s not going to want to talk about that in job interviews for his next role?

7. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    There's nothing really to suggest there was friction between him and the board.

In fact, the board may be a conniving bunch of * vipers, but they serve only one master, Dermot Desmond.

It's highly doubtful that either DD or Lawell put their stamp on anyone who gave even the smallest hint of having independent thought or unlikely to do as he was told. Indeed, McKay looked and sounded like he was enjoying every minute of his position.

So in this case, I actually do believe it was for personal reasons.

It does however underline just how lacking we are in so many departments. Still no DoF, no head of recruitment, and now our new Chief Executive is a Joe 90 lookin humanoid who appears to have slithered out of the pig that Jacob Rees Mogg * at his Eton hazing ritual.
    He's even less likely to ring in the much needed reforms we need, and is basically Wormtail to Bankier's Voldemort.

Green Brigade? Over to you lads.

8. MAP

Hugely disappointed to hear this.

If 'personal reasons' is just a front, I have less faith in Ange staying for a decent length of time. I had hoped Dom would give Ange what he needed (to a large degree), and act as a buffer between him and the Board.

9. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I very much doubt if we will get someone brought in soon as, we all know by now, it's not the Celtic way

10. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    COuld have waited 24hrs

11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Could effect Ange tho, he must be wondering * is happening.. He was McKays man, pivotal in bringing him in..

We need stability not more chaos.. Ange must be worrying how it will play out for him in the long run.

cat123 likes this.
  12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Doubt he was pivotal. Infact I now doubt any decision has been his bar the YouTube stuff and fan interaction stuff.

Hammy89 and G40B like this.
  13. oh bhoy

i think dom is a * talker and has been unable to deliver the world class and modern changes he waffeled on about. i mean how * tinpot is hiring strachan as a consultant instead of getting a proper director of football,on top of which the transfer window has been a joke. the absolute team player line did seem like a dig at him rather than a compliment to yer man

cat123 likes this.
  14. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

It's feels like dom was brought in in to help us approach business in a more modern way. Unfortunately we have a board made up of traditionalist. A board that oversaw 9 in a row. In that respect it wouldnt surprise me if every new idea or approach was heavily opposed by majority of the board. A case of the usual suspects at that too. This post is purely speculative and I don't have any evidence of this being the case. It's nothing more than a gut feeling of how that panned out.

I quite liked dom from what I saw. I thought he sounded refreshing and he stood strong with his Ange appointment when most of us were critical.

My fear now with his departure is we see old habits from the board. Appointing someone that either PL or DD is good pals. The nepotism will continue and the way we operate goes back to familiar territory.

I can't say when dom or Ange was appointed I was over the moon but happy to say the combo has proven me wrong so far. The football has improved and getting 12 signings through the door is impressive. Whilst we need more , I won't discount how busy he must have been to get those 12 signings in.

A real shame I think

Graeme1888, cat123 and Forestbhoy66 like this.
  15. stew37

Not going to pretend I truly know why he's stepped down, the significance of the part he was playing or what effect it will have.

16. Maestro 08

I'm not wanting to go too deep in to speculation but my initial thought is the personal reasons will be more professional reasons.

Either the role was too much for him or he wasn't well received in the boardroom.

My main concern is that the manager feels isolated now as I think their relationship was a good one.

More self harm in that case.

17. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Genuinely don’t know what to make of this news. I suppose I liked the idea of someone from outside of football bringing in new or fresh ideas to change the approach we take but I feel it’s far to early to judge, either, whether he had already had an impact or whether it was a mistake to let him go.
    The ‘personal reason’ could be a whole myriad of reasons. Could have been a unwell family member or just him realising he’s in over his head or that he can’t progress the club because of others. We really don’t know.
    But like others I have a gut feelin it is not goin to benefit our club in the long run and would have preferred McKay to stay.

Also I read above PL is still hanging around!? How is this possible. I thought he was away? If you say you’re leaving, just * leave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Of course he was, Ange was definitely his man.

19. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It could just be the job just wasn’t what he was expecting, I’ve done it took a job that thought was going to be all I wanted only to find out it was a * nightmare and I walked away from it even though it was a high paying job and a X on the CV

He had been in the previous job so long he had a good handle and made decisions that possibly no one questioned, it might be that he was being challenged on decisions pr changes he was trying to make (new broom etc) and he didn’t like it maybe he has to report to the board and if they were challenging his change management he isn’t used to it and thought it would be to hard work dragging dinosaurs into the 21st century and decided to jog on.

There is two approaches to taking over a large organisation used to operating in certain way especially when the management team had been there so long. You either steam in and use the broom to beat heads rather than sweep or softly softly manipulating them one at a time. You just have to get the right approach, I’m speaking from experience

if Dom felt he would be battling every day just to improve things he obviously thought he didn’t need this agro in his life and there are better jobs out there, but he will take a step back or sideways before he can move forwards no matter what this will be a fail on his CV

as for our club we will either get Nicholson full time, Lawell part time and a Desmond friend in a few months or next season

20. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Nobody on here has any factual basis to come to any conclusions.

What will be interesting is to see how long Dom stays away from employment in any other capacity.

He hasn't stated family reasons or health issues. Personal reasons covers so much.

The only thing we can all agree on its a very weak statement issued at close of biz on a Friday.. and there is a clumpany across the city who pull the same moves.

Wee Baldy likes this.