1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Think that's what governments are supposed to do mate

seanm likes this.
  2. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    Being double vaccinated doesn't stop you passing covid on to others so I don't see any benefit to this as 60k double jabbed fans are still going back to there communities

3. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    What a stupid comment

Noskeil likes this.
  4. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Governments have a responsibility to maximise quality of life for the people while minimising day to day intrusion where they can IMO dude.

The science for outdoor events doesn’t stack up.

This reeks - to me - of over-reaching and excess intrusion. Like every * needs babysitting.

Personally speaking, I work hard, love and respect friends, family and people, and want people who need help to get it. All while being left in as much peace to do * I legally (historically, pre-this * and whatever else is conjured up) can and want to do - whenever I want.

I’m always wary of trickle down policies that drip drip drip down to minimise what you can say or do.

There are times it’s required - I think up here the government love to involve themselves more than they need to. To that end they can poke it.

Each to their own dude - all about opinions, and no one has a divine right to say they are right - me included

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  5. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Communism 101

stew37 likes this.
  6. Jeffrey

It’s a pile of nonsense. Some number cruncher has been put in charge of the vaccine uptake and they’ve targeted communities that they already don’t like - Nightlife and football.

Interested to see how they try implement this as turnstiles are already unmanned. How thorough is the check gonny be with QR codes etc. I’ll be looking for a refund personally as I’m not against the vaccine but against the way this whole ordeal is heading.

scuzzy likes this.
  7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Authoritarianism actually.

scuzzy, Mince.Charming and Noskeil like this.
  8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Probably going to cause massive queues as well which seems stupid as people are hardly mixing or near each other at football, the main time we are is going in as theres been queues at most games which are just going to be bigger and longer times spend around people.

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

What if you don't have a smart phone or like my Dad would struggle to get a QR code up on his phone..

There's lots of logistical issues with this before you even come on to the ethical debate.

leeso-ardoyne and Sean Daleer like this.
  10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

These covid passports do not sit right with me at all. There’s more chance of catching covid on a busy bus or train than there is at a football match.

This sort of thing is going down a very dangerous path.

KRS-1888, scuzzy, Crilly and 4 others like this.
  11. bigmac7288

they can apply for a paper certificate it is on the SNP policy for vaccine passport that was produced just a few hours before the debate it’s on there website people should read it.

JC Anton likes this.
  12. john2061

Like it or not the passport is coming in and how is it going to be policed at football and concerts and night clubs and maybe crowds will have to appear a couple of hours before the event .
    For the people unhappy with it you can change your vote at the next election but anybody who doesn't want to take the vaccine I hope the club will refund anybody who want their money back .

13. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

I wonder if the 18-30 male population has been the most anti vax and they see this as a way of getting to most of them? Football fans, nightclubs & festival goers etc.

14. john2061

They are the highest percentage not taking the vaccine are under 30 years of age .

15. bigmac7288

the same government came out and said in that age group they will not get seriously ill from Covid so why take a vaccine.

16. john2061

First minister came out and said the more that take the vaccine the less pressure on the NHS and hospitals .

17. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    which is both correct and fair - not seen anything that justifies outdoor events from that science / logic though. Ever.

18. bigmac7288

yip she did but all governments came out last March and said that in that age group ur less likely to become seriously ill they change there policy when ever it suits the agenda

scuzzy likes this.
  19. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Please keep all vaccine passport debate in the Covid Thread. Last thing we need is a repeat of the numerous theories taking this thread way off topic.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Off topic. Deleted.