1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ismaila Soro.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Jan 22, 2020.

Discuss Ismaila Soro. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Do you have anything positive to say about our squad? Really depressing in here sometimes.

2. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I like him but think he needs a proper run in the team. He has potential to improve definitely. He was excellent in parts last season despite many other players being poor.

Rydo1888* and NomDePlum like this.
  3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Who else (other than your pal Ralston) have I said anything negative about of late?

So I don't rate Soro, why do you continually pick out my posts when it's clear others feel the exact same about the same players? Bizarre.

If its depressing you, you know what to do. No * is forcing you to read my posts.

4. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

he was good when he got that run eventually last year then got dropped and barely seen again

i like him i do think he can make mistakes but so can anyone i think his mistakes come about from eagerness and over confidence and trying to prove hes good enough to get a lot of regular games

he does get too close at times which allow players to tumble over him some of the freekicks given against him i dont hink are fouls and could go either way, i think theres a bias against him by the refs, he does seems a bit naive a bit of coaching where hes going wrong wouldnt got amiss

but i think mainly its games he needs probably would have been good to get him out on loan at a spfl club early on in celtic career but i think he'll come good this year with help from mcarthy

cat123 and NomDePlum like this.
  5. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Not picking on your posts just they are striking me as being negative.

It's a forum. Am I not expected to read posts and respond? In all honesty this forum is getting increasingly toxic, entitled, and negative.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    You've been on here 4 years. Amazed you're only just realising.

charlietully likes this.
  7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s been worse.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He’s getting game time. Point taken that he may need a run of games, however, he’s coming on and picking up a stupid booking every time.

Might be over eagerness but being rash in the tackle is an attribute he’s shown say since day dot even when he did get a wee run.

eire4, NomDePlum and Liam Scales like this.
  9. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    I could recommend you the comment section of Celtic's facebook page. It's full of moronic happy clappers who whitewash every * the club gives us. Entitled :giggle1: Some fans just have ambitions for the club and see what could be possible with the same ressources. People who adopt Lennon's entitled fans bullshit are covering a board who repeatedly went for the cheap option and weakened the squad to protect their own bonus instead of continually improving it and address weak areas as the defence has been for years.

So if our higher ambitions for our club makes you sad you might should think about why you don't want our club to use it's ressouces appropriately and why you would take over Lennon's entitled bullshit. A guy who insulted the fans intelligence repeatedly last season.

Sorry about my negativity but I really can't take fans anymore who come out with this entitled bullshit.

And btw I like Soro and think too, he should be given more game time to develop. At least here we have the same view:celtman2:

Mr Shelby likes this.
  10. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Again, way too negative when he came on. Ideal game for him to come into and have a right go but no, taking the safe option every time.

11. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    What are you expecting him to do? He's a defensive midfield player.

AussieGreek and Dan Breen like this.
  12. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Against the like of RC, when only 1-0 up, at home, I am expecting him to get his head up and play a forward pass now and again, be a lot braver on the ball.

13. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    I missed the game due to work but soro is usually quite positive in possession. On here people were critical of him doing that lately because of a few misplaced passes. He's not had a great amount of game time so probably building confidence back up. In my opinion anyway.

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He's the epitome of that old cliché boomers love to bang on about, dig. He has plenty of it. Good ball winner, good with interceptions and reading the game, mostly a good passer, and great work rate. I've few worries about him playing for us, especially if he can compose his full throttle style a bit more in order to avoid unnecessary fouls.

15. Foley1888

He does seem to have got of to a poor start this year but for me if we want to play McGregor or that type of player as your deepest midfielder you need at least one of your other midfielders to be able to help out with the dirty work and have a good engine.

Soro is capable on the ball he even showed it against Rangers when he slipped Kyogo in for the one he tried to square which was more than Turnbull and Christie had managed all day.

Not trying to compare them as players but I do think Soro could have something to offer. He needs some good coaching and to work on his decision making but his energy, tenacity and passing ability make him someone who should have a role in an Ange team.

16. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Would love him to be a success in that holding role for us and showed definite promise last season but for me he has not built on that in his appearances this season so far. Solid player to have in the squad but not shown for me that he has it to be an everyday starter for us.

Dan Breen likes this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    A lot of the time he was playing as a 6. He's never a 6..

Also coming on for 10 minute's here and there. He needs a run..

I agree that if McGregor is the man for the 6, Ange can't go with Rogic and Turnbull against higher quality side's. Also can't rely on them to go the distance either..

I just remembered McCarthy by the way, who supposedly played well when he came on. That is a boy who i think will surprise many with his quality. He's been nowhere near fit and still isn't..

McCarthy 6
    McGregor and Soro infront would definitely give us energy, dig and quality for some game's..

His passing van be rash but I've seen him have some really good performances for us. Presses well. Shown he can be good on the ball and positive. A ball carrier. Interceps well. Quick. Turns really well out of trouble..

18. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    No way we should we be playing Soro, Mccarthy and mcgregor as a midfield 3

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    * up..

bagforlife, AussieGreek, MJ9 and 6 others like this.
  20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    :56: