1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Window poll.. Happy.. Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by thailandceltic, Aug 30, 2021.

Discuss Transfer Window poll.. Happy.. Yes or No? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. apevrak

Not satisfied by this transfer window at all.

Ange coming in late.

Selling keyplayers and replacing them with unknown quality.

Getting knocked out by Midtjylland at the first hurdle in the CL qualification and already lost to diets and huns in the league.

We meet the season unprepared, and not for the first time either. History is repeating it self.

2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Never heard of them mate, who do they play for?

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Ange coming in late, has put on in the back foot, defo..

But the appointment looks solid as we're night and day from where we were last season..

Slaw likes this.
  4. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Given the amount/numbers we needed in Its been a decent/good window overall by the looks of it, the sorest one to lose was Christie but there wasn't much to be done with that. I'd have liked to get McCann but he wanted further south. With some planning/luck we may well get the job finished in January, which would be pretty good going from the starting point. The notion this could have all been done in 1 window is something I cant even begin to get my head around tbh.

JC Anton likes this.
  5. Onefootwonder

It all depends how good the players we have signed turn out to be.

I think the squad is still too thin. We need to be planning ahead to January.

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    GK: Hart, Bain, Barkas

RB: Juranovic, Ralston

LB: Taylor, Scales

CB: Starfelt, Welsh, CCV, Jullien, Urgohide

Midfield: McCarthy, McGregor, Soro, Shaw, Bitton, Turnbull, Rogic

Wingers: Abada, Forrest, Jota, Johnston

Strikers: Kyogo, Ajeti, Girogious

not much pace in that centre midfield

7. Roskopicachu

Fixes a lot of the areas the fans had concerns about. We end the window
    with an Overall balance of +£11.54m in terms of incoming and outgoing transfer fees.
    Sets things up nicely.

A lot of moody players left and we now have what looks like a much improved squad. Better mix of youth and experience.
    Lots of new combinations for the manager to try out.

It's a bit weird losing Christie, but it frees up a space for a better footballer to come straight into the side.
    Same goes for Edouard. He leaves, he'll do well, but right now someone confident comes in and hopefully isn't quite so shy
    in front of goal.

The miraculous thing was keeping the money in play by loaning players out last season. It cost us one league title.
    The problem was having players nobody wanted to buy. Hopefully we also learned our lesson not selling at the right time.

You can see Edouard and Christie doing really well down south. For us, it's about winning everything. In the end we lost too many games last season when they miss-fired and the signs were their same thing might happen this season.

So we go into it with Giakoumakis, Ajeti, Kyogo, Jota and Abada as our striking options.
    Starfelt, Cameron-Vickers, Juranovic added in defense.
    Hart in goal.

Quite an incredible window, but not many will want to put that in the paper.

honda and Slaw like this.
  8. Buster

Compared to where we were 5 weeks ago l'm absolutely chuffed

And a manager who l admit l didn't fancy who looks like he will take no * from anyone (players and press) whilst at the same time not embarrassing us with trash talk

Heb Celt, JC Anton and Peej like this.
  9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    On the whole, aye I am happy.

Won't pretend to be blinded by the * nature of how we operate. Giakoumakis, Scales, Carter-Vickers could all have been brought in a month ago. Waiting till this time is just poor from the board. We were too slow and * the UCL effort. Too slow and * 3 points against the huns.

But on the whole, £20million spent (second highes) and 12 players brought in to the squad. We can literally field an entire new starting 11 (in a 442) and declare at least 8 of them are walking in to the starting 11 on a regular basis.

The squad now has a core 25 players, which is ideal in my view - although depth overall does still lack when it comes to calibre.

Are we rating it out of 10, where 10 would be a perfect window, no complaints, deals done early and when needed, contributed to early season success and all that stuff - then this window gets a 7/10 from me.
    The manager has been backed, a couple of players seem to be truly his (and I truly mean just a couple), and we have most certainly brought in more money than paid out, and cut the wage bill drastically yet again.
    The board have done what they tend to do, but they have at least done a bit more to help the manager this time than previous years.

Sentinel, Slaw and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  10. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    Good window. It's a start considering how much our board are living in the stone age.to be honest I'm a bit angry that everyone inside the club knew odsonne and Christie had a chance at leaving and that old firm game was just a shop window for them .they were never going to go in to that game all in .and it showed

Peej likes this.
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    A lot has been said about the need to replace Edouard when he was leaving - for me I think that replacement is already in the door in the shape of Kyogo. Jota is the Christie replacement as well.
    Giakoumakis is replacing Griffiths and offering a different sort of attack.

I am happy with them two leaving, specially as you say about getting rid of some of the moody *.

Think Edouard, Christie, Ntcham being out the door this season will likely really see a more positive attitude in the squad. I can only imagine the downer these players would have had on some of the squad, tripping around about wanting a bigger move, playing the big man thinking they are the best at the club etc.

Time for some others to step up and show they can drive us forward.

honda and Jo-Jo-Buffon like this.
  12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I have to say it feels great to have a squad full of players who actually want to be here. I mean, you’re never going to clear all of the wantaways out but it’s basically only Barkas and Bolingoli who shouldn’t be here now. Not bad.

honda and Mickmac like this.
  13. Lewis Kerr

Christie played his best football for us as an 8 or 10. He was forced on the right wing last season because of injuries and played left wing for us a couple of times this season for the same reason.

By all accounts, Jota is primarily a left winger who can play on the right. In no way is he (or should be) Christie's replacement.

The Phoenix likes this.
  14. oh bhoy

and bitton and ajeti but totally agree the squad needed gutted we needed far more quality coming in

Sydneysider and Peej like this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I say Christie replacement based solely on how Ange deployed him in the majority of his games this season.

No doubt Christie is an attacking mid, at his peak coming from the middle.
    But his best games under Ange and the best utilisation we had of him in the system that Ange deploys, he was a left sided attacker. Exactly what Jota will be doing.

Think if you look at most people's lineup predictions this season, Christie was going to the left.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Think that will come in January.

Guys like bitton, Barkas, Ajeti even soro, will be moved on if they haven't staked a claim.
    With hopefully another 4-6 coming in to replace those leaving and add more to the squad.

In fact, like for like replacement (as in number and position) with a better calibre for those 4 would be ideal in January. Would add the depth we really need.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

17. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Bitton and Ajeti are both happy to be here and fight I think. I’m not ready to write either off yet. Bitton is decent CDM cover and Ajeti isn’t a complete write off for me. Got a decent assist off the bench a couple of weeks back and is working extremely hard on his fitness clearly. We’ve only 3 strikers so he will get chances.

18. celticdawg

Lost our 3 main goalscorers over the last few seasons and replaced them with projects imo , we also needed a bit of quality in a few other key areas but as usual it was loans or cheap options hoping to get lucky with them .
    Just more proof if needed its the same old same old and nothing has been learned .

19. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I had to go undecided because there are too many new players to judge..

Incoming: There are some really good buys, some bad ones and some that haven't even played yet.. so hard to fully commit to being happy and definitely needed another Midfielder.. its a wait and see for me and will depend if Ange does infact dip into the Japanese Market..

Outgoings: I'm pretty satisfied.. Could of done with one or two more out but as has been said its hard to get all the dross out in one window.. Got rid of the * that don't want to be here is massive for me.. slight worry is we are losing our better players to Brentford, Bournemouth Palace and the likes and not the Arsenal, Uniteds, Lyons anymore...

Judging by the poll so far I'm actually surprised Yes I'm happy is winning based on this thread at about 10pm last night:56:Vickers softened alot of the rage I think..

If this was an British election Happy would win.. if it was an Irish election Not happy and undecided would be in a coalition :56:

StevieBhoooy! likes this.
  20. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    How can anyone be 'happy' with this window?

Sure, good transfers have been made.

But we don't even have a left back. We've just sold our best player for 15m and replaced him with a guy whos had 1 good season for 2.5m

We sold our best CB and replaced him with a bombscare in Starfelt.

Many decent signings have been made, but its pointless when we don't even have a decent starting 11 and many positions are just 1 injury away from being decimated.

Win the league this season and you're into the Champions League group stage automatically, and you'd practically financially ruin the Huns. How can you not just go out and do your business early and right.

If we had signed a left back of 1st team quality I'd probably have given the window a 8/10, without a starting 11 I give the window a 4/10.

The Phoenix likes this.