1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Think Ange has shown enough so far to prove he’s a decent manager but his start to the league is the worst of any Celtic manager for years. That’s how bad the squad is.
    It’s * obvious that if the board help him he could be a real success but, as always, profit comes first.
    So much for McKay and all his promises. * sickening.

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Think he will be frustrated with his midfield options.

January is massive.

3. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    We will be a rotating squad, with players interchanging positions in the forward line or coming in deep or from the front pocket. Things will get even better, more so with Eddy moving on.

AussieGreek likes this.
  4. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Julien will come back, we now have the USA CB from Spurs, Montgomery, Ralston, Starfelt will bed in , Juranovic, Taylor, Scales, Welsh and others in the squad.
    In midfield - Callum, McCarthy, Turnbull, (juranovic ?), hopefully McCann, Soro, and others.
    Attack - Giakoumakis, Kyogo, Abada, Jota.

Another good goalie needed as cover for Hart.

Midfield still looks light at present.

5. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    ffs mate no offense but learn how to edit posts and multi quote.. Every time I click on this thread its just walls of text of * from you in multiple posts one after the other, this is pretty much just your own personal blog space at this point..

Either that or you keep forgetting to log out of this alt..

6. grazor

one piece of positive is ange has throughout his career been good at teaching technique to mature players. So even if the board screws up and your current squad is all you have, you still might win the league

7. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This International break will give Ange time to assess, work with the players who are not on International duty and maybe most importantly spend time with his family and get them settled.

Its been a bit of a high pressure whirlwind for him and he says he enjoys it. This small window of calm is probably needed by many at the club, many players will be needing a rest after playing at high tempo so often in a short time.. Cal Mac seems to be an exception but others wont be used to it.

Only thing Ange needs now is his own backroom team, he seems patient on that front and im guessing he knows who he wants and its just the timing that prevents it happening.

DdoubleD likes this.
  8. leeso-ardoyne

Just skimmed over the last day of this thread. Am I reading this right? We've just had one of the busiest windows I can remember in a looooong time. Players left that the supporters wanted rid off, serious amount of new faces in and people are still moaning haha. Talk of Ange will walk etc ... Holy * there's some right looney tunes in here I tell ya lol. For me, I'm happy with all this shake up off the team and put my trust in Ange to get them playing and winning the Celtic way. Com may well be champions!

9. AussieGreek

most of us knew and acknowledged we would need 2-3 windows but people are still losing a * that everyone wasn’t achieved in the first window….

serious cases of bipolar in this forum.

10. BVBDrew

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Whiskey is the Life of Man
    I put that down to supporters having their hopes dashed many a time before by the board and its decisions.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  11. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    To be fair we have had some nightmare windows in recent times. The excuses are so cliched time after time we could all recited them off by heart. I get what you mean though because yesterday seemed more mental than usual :56:It's sheer desperation on our part because winning the league is everything to us and we cannot contemplate Sevco doing it again. We want bodies to be thrown on the line and nothing less will do :50: Welcome to Glasgow Celtic. You will be as nuts as the rest of us if you stick around long enough :56:

craigtheceltic and AussieGreek like this.
  12. jambo_cfc

The worst start for a celtic manager in terms of results, but probably the worst squad a manager has inherited , should be given 2 or 3 windows before he is judged , signings on paper all look more than decent

13. Celtic Bhoy 94

Think he had a pretty decent window to be fair. If you told me a few months ago that we would sign at least 1 person for every position I would have bit your hand off. Even though we didn't spend as much as we needed to we still filled a few gaps in a lot of key areas. If the big Greek can continue his form from last season & Scales/Jota/CCV all end up being good signings then we potentially have ourselves a team that can put up a fight within the space of 1 transfer window. We all want instant success but I definitely didn't expect us to improve as much as we already have I'm fairly optimistic about the future

14. Belgian_lad

The thing is, each window we lose more quality then we are gaining. You can check on transfermarkt each year we lose quality and never replace it adequately.

And in Glasgow 2nd best means f all, cause it means the huns won the league. As well counting on january is just bad, cause its notorious difficult to get decent deals. I dont think we did one single bit of decent business in the January window in the past 5 yrs.

Mr Shelby, AussieGreek and Lewis Kerr like this.
  15. oh bhoy

so much for the contingency plan should players leave !

16. CountyDownFaithful

Hart

Juranovic Starfelt CCV Scales

McCarthy

McGregor Turnbull

Abada Kyogo Jota

Bench: Bain, Ralston, Welsh, Soro, Rogic, Forrest, Giakmakouis.

That should be our starting 11 for most games. Drop McCarthy for Rogic when we are going all out attack at home or away to lower level teams.

Jullien to come back into the fold when fit.

17. Maestro 08

There's something about that team that just looks powder puff. Mainly in the midfield.

18. Mr Cleansheets

I wouldn't be dropping Welsh.

Ralston's done well also this year. Those two need to be dislodged only by players knocking the door down.

19. Sgt Neppers*

All down to the big man now. Window closed so gives him stability and time with internationals the work with a lot of the squad. Hope he can integrate the likes of Shaw, Scales and Monty further as we play more, as well def need the entire squad.

Also, I hope Ange is working now to get a couple of his own coaches in. That's a must now.

20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone