1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celticdawg

He was easily one of our most important players so even if you dont rate him what youre saying makes no sense given that it is as you say highly unlikely we replace him with anyone better!!

2. Maestro 08

I agree with you that our wage structure needs to be looked at. It is definitely holding us back. I think Christie wanted to leave, if there was clubs better than this in for him he wouldn't have even looked at our offer imo. His hesitation might have been bcos the standard of clubs was not what he was expecting but ultimately the money was too tempting.

cat123 likes this.
  3. Martybhoy53

That's the ferencvaros four all left;
    NTCHAM
    AJER
    EDOUARD
    CHRISTIE

They wanted out. Now they have their wish. Ta ta

4. James Gold Member Gold Member

5. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    They don’t live in the Burnley area?

I’ve visited both Burnley (and surrounding area) and Bournemouth which is * lovely area and it’s a no brainier.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  6. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

So what you are saying is if we offered him enough money to stay he would stay? But he would be staying for all the wrong reasons, he indicated he wanted away. Christie has been playing out of position, no question he has played well in a couple of games. Time will tell if he is being missed, I dont think we will.

7. saltire78

I like Christie, always have, even through last year's fiasco when Lennon obviously got the absolutely WORST out of him. But, if he wants away or to be our top paid player then he had to go, because he's not good enough to justify smashing our structure for; even if the structure definitely needs to be turn down and renewed, and we shouldn't hesitate to dump players who are disruptive/unsettled before they rock the entire boat.

eire4 likes this.
  8. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

he wanted away ive not doubt about that but whats he on, about 10 to 15k a week ? he should have been on a lot more than that the last couple of years but the board * him off like they have done with umpteen players through the years

so that means its not just certain board members or chief execs! there is a attitude in the celtic hierarchy going back at least when i was a kid 40 years ago where they absolutely try and short change players, offer them derisory amount because we know they love playing for the fans and i causes bad faith and negative attitudes to appear, weve seen this a lot in the last 5 years at celtic and its been all around contracts and promises

9. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

thats a lot of first team players there with a bad attitude, you think the club are innocent ?

who knows covid came in before last season started, you dont think its possible the club pressured some players into weaker wages terms as a result ???
    in our biggest season in my memory ???

you cant just blame some players like that, something really * went down and the players lost all harmony with the club

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  10. rickyroma25

It's all about opinions. You can call him one of our most important players if you want, but his decision making is poor. He's the guy who gives the ball away when you need him to keep it. The guy who * a shot over the bar when you need him to be calm and look for the pass. There are obvious moments of quality mixed in with that, but I doubt it's anything we're going to miss. Hopefully when this supposed restructure happens we'll begin to sort ourselves out and start finding better quality.

Joe68 and AussieGreek like this.
  11. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    When you list off those 3 names that is a massive hit from a talent standpoint. But the facts are Ajer wanted to go and clearly so does Edouard. Christie it seems is also wanting out so really we are better off picking up the 30m we will end up getting for the 3 and moving on. Certainly Starfelt is no replacement for Ajer quality level which is why I feel we still need another CB in but it does seem like we have at least replacements lined up for the other 2 if they leave today which seems likely. Now whether those replacements are good only time will tell but reality is the players wanted out and it seems Christie is also wanting out so really we are only doing the best we can given the circumstances I feel.

12. celticdawg

Yeah thats what im saying and seen as he went to the championship i dont think its a reach to say that a half decent offer might have been enough for him to stay ? You and all the others that think he wont be missed are hopefully right but if our manager wanted him to stay and seen him as a valuable player going forward then the effort should have been made to keep him imo , ange said his attitude and work rate was great so that should have been enough to at least try and keep him !!

13. celticdawg

Since ange has came he has been a vital player for his system but if you think otherwise then fair enough but the question still stands who replaces his workrate, goals and assists for the price that we want to pay ?

14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    We don’t need to wait for players to leave before signing new ones. We knew Edouard and Ajer were leaving, and it was always likely Christie would too.

Ultimately, we needed to do a significant rebuilding job this window and we’ve failed to do so by pretty much any measure. We’re a better team for it, largely because of the Ange effect, but player for player I’m not convinced we’re in a better position, and we’re still incredibly light in a number fo key areas.

MagicBallBhoy and eire4 like this.
  15. wulliebad

No team can do well with 4 players in the side who want away,hope they all go on to have lovely seasons on some bench someplace.

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    There hasn’t been any talk of this since Dom arrived as far as I’m aware, and even then it was very much a case of “we’ll look into it”.

I wouldn’t hold my breath if I was you .

17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    O absolutely the boards level of incompetence since Lennon left has been staggering. No question we knew all 3 wanted to leave and should have been planning all along appropriately. In fairness to Ange he has done a very decent job so far considering the utter shambles he was handed but no question the sheer size of the rebuild job was/is so big that it is quite clear we will be a long way off where we need to be come tomorrow and the transfer window been shut. We clearly still need a centre back and left back at the very least.

18. rickyroma25

There was a comment from Ange about a restructure happening after the transfer window I think.

But I agree, definitely not holding my breath.

19. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    The essential problem is that our club is run by Tory-minded suits with no imagination. The only way things will ever change is if ownership changes hands.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member