1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Filipe Jota

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by HTG, Aug 27, 2021.

Discuss Filipe Jota in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Yeah Johnston can't be relied upon; He's not even been in the team long enough to be considered a first team regular so there is no way I'd be pinning our season on him performing.

2. DaBomber

Why buy the Greek if Ange plans on Kyogo playing through the middle for the majority of the season?

I think a lot of people are being unrealistic about the size of squad we can accommodate both from the manager and the boards point of view. Having three first team players for every position is not feasible so going forward I think considering Abada seems to have the right nailed down you’ll see Forrest Johnston Kyogo rotate there and if there was an injury crisis young Montgomery can cover there too. The most pressing gaps in the squad is in the attacking midfield as we know Rogic will get injured and if he does who is the replacement? * forbid rogic and Turnbull are out at the same time even.

Ideally another centre half comes in and we sign a central midfielder to replace Christie but I feel we will wait till January to fill the midfield void.

Ipswichbhoy67 likes this.
  3. DaBomber

At the end of the day the board can be criticised for a lot of things but they’ve brought in over ten players and considering there is a new CEO who is trying to make a lot of changes in the background allegedly I think this window is pretty near as good as we could’ve hoped for

4. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    It was Ange that said we were short on players. He said the players were running on empty and needed help. We can't count guys that are always injured as options when they are barely available. There are question marks over Forrest and Johnston both where injured most of last season and already this season.

We have let much more players go than we've brought in so I don't think the board should be getting off lightly.

craigtheceltic and greengrocer like this.
  5. JamesM09

The board shouldn’t be getting off at all. They’ve done an inadequate amount of business and the business they did do was far too late.

* the board, incompetent *.

6. Cesar67x www.Twitter.com/@GlasgowRebeltm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    any updates ?

7. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

All very quiet... waiting till 12 on the dot tonight to announce it probably..

Cesar67x likes this.
  8. celticdawg

They should be booted the length of London Rd not criticized , still waiting on another CB LB is a disgrace given how much it is holding as back ...back the manager aye right

9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Hey Dom, did PL give you his log in details and you changed your username?

What a complete load of *, lol, ffs our manager said it, aye said it, not quoted from a paper, said it.

10. Sin

Well we could end the day with 12 new players at the club, maybe even more.

The biggest mistake the board made was the time they spent chasing Howe!
    It's a bit difficult to buy players for a system when you don't have a manager and know what system he wants to play.

Not sure what the issue was with Howe, the transfer budget? His own staff not being allowed? He was waiting for a job in the EPL?
    Whatever it was we should have moved on much sooner and got a manager in place sooner.

Anyway, if we get the Greek guy and Jota, I would still like to see a CB even if it was on loan and a CM, however doubtful it is I will wait until the window closes and wait in hope.

I will say though, we were never going to sort every position in one window, certainly not 2 players fighting it out for every position, we are making the steps in the right direction, it's not just getting the right players in but getting the wrong players out, we seem to be doing both well, we've bought some real talent and got rid of players that don't want to be here.

gazb1888 and CelticBoabie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.