1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AussieGreek

I think it definitely is worth mentioning because its a slap in the face to the team spirit that Ange is famous (in Australia and Asia) for building.

As I've said before, I can tolerate a bad performance, but not a bad performance and attitude on top of that.

Anyways, I'm not labouring on Christie anymore, he's gone and I think it is a positive thing considering the team spirit and club culture that Ange is trying to build. If someone prefers to play Championship football for nobodies instead of for Celtic in the Europa League, then good riddance.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  2. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    His absolute sole focus as recently as last Thursday was Celtic. He’s been loving it under Ange and wanted to stay.

I’ve got absolutely no idea what (if anything) has happened in the last four days, but if I was trying to fill in the blanks I’d guess either another derisory contract offer has been tabled and his agent has therefore looked elsewhere, or the club have told him they won’t improve the offer and recommended he leave now.

3. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That is farcical then. Not that am saying g he's irreplaceable, just that we need so many players already without losing him on top of it. If we do replace him I'm not overly fussed, but I've a feeling that we won't and it will be an absolute disgrace.

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    If true, I find it amazing that we havent gotten him tied down especially as I'd imagine the manager would want that.

5. Al Bootyerbaws

If Christie was half as good as he thinks he is I'd be gutted he's leaving. When in actual fact I'm not really arsed.

6. saltire78

A lot of business and finance experts going on about how "derisory" his extension was, with * all to support that except supposition.

Personally I think he'll have been offered a pretty decent upgrade, but nothing compared to what he'll get in England. Truth is that * little teams down there will happily pay him about 35kpw, without even flinching, especially when they're only paying about£1M for him. For us, that's absolutely top tier wages. Comparing us to that is ridiculous.

Truth is we only paid about 700k for him, which he's repaid several times over despite criticism, and we're now gonna get about£1M more when we should be getting * all. He'll probably be replaced by someone like Moffat, for similar wages, and we'll see similar effort and progression. It's a no-brainer really... I'd have preferred he extended and we saw the best Ange could get outta him, but not at risk of unsettling the entire squad by paying him the highest wage available

LectersLuncheon and cat123 like this.
  7. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I get what you have been saying and I did want him to stay on but we couldn't possibly have given him £30k a week. That's the type of money we would have to pay our absolute top player's that perform week in week out in the biggest of games and against the small teams.

I think Christie's top wage at Celtic until he became indispensable would have been maybe £16k and a decent signing on bonus.

He could still have moved to the EPL in a year or two to get his big payday.

I actually rated him but he's went the way of Eddie flashes of brilliance then mediocrity. There's definitely a player there but don't know why he's so hot and cold.

It's probably best for all parties if we get a fee and he gets the move that he wanted.

8. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Good player on his day, but nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, and far too inconsistent. Also, shat the bed every time against the huns. Goodbye.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Championship..

What a reality check..

10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Seems short sighted by all, including the player..

1 year under Ange and he's looking at a much better move than Bournemouth..

Mental how his contract expires in Jan, poor from the club..

He is a frustrating player but his energy and pace was a weapon, especially in Europe where he definitely surprised a few opponents..

Overall, we are weaker without him.

bhoy81, NomDePlum and McChiellini.. like this.
  11. JamesM09

He gets a lot of stick, but I genuinely thing we haven’t offered him a contract.

Maybe a pathetic renewal on his current terms, maybe a nominal bump, but I honestly don’t think we’ve offered him a fair contract.

There’s something funny going on IMO.

12. dmccourt95

No got the composure to be effective in our biggest games and has been a passenger for 18 months, us no having a replacement in doesn’t mean him leaving isn’t good

13. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    We will find out at some point but it does seem rather odd the situation with Christie, seems a perfect Ange player so either board are playing hardball with contracts or at some point the board have been * off with how Christie's agents or dad have acted.

Seems a strange one why we wouldn't do a similar deal like the one we made with Armstrong. Short term increase in salary, as soon as first decent offer of £5m + comes in and we will sell.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye, proper mismanagement here..

There's no doubt about it, and he can annoy the life out of me, but we're undeniably much weaker as a team/squad without him..

He HAS to be replaced by 2 player's in my opinion. Someone with his goal/assist threat and an 8 with his running and energy..

JC Anton likes this.
  15. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Much more bothered by him going than Edouard. He has played very well at times recently. Obviously Sunday not being one of them.

JC Anton and McGrory1888 like this.
  16. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    So you’re telling me our midfield 3 for the season is McGregor, Turnbull and Rogic and we’ve got to hope none of them get injured, suspended or tired..

Sounds good to me..

McGrory1888 likes this.
  17. Pearse67*

Completely shites it in the big games, * him.

FranceCelt likes this.
  18. Damnati

I don't disagree with what you've said, I just find it really hard to discuss without knowing the figures involved for sure. Feel like we're just playing a game of guess the *.

19. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Not true imo, remember Lazio and Leipzig?

20. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Rogic and turnbull get tired simply coming out of the huddle.

Ciaran_67 likes this.