1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

Given how he had started the season he will be a far bigger loss than Eddy

2. JED

one of our better players and one of the very few who can play at the pace Ange expects. Christie rarely tool more than one or two touches and for me one of the best passers forward we have. Will be badly missed if he leaves

Mickmac likes this.
  3. AussieGreek

performance wise, yes. But the removal of his toxicity is far more beneficial in the long run.

4. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    This is the most offensive transfer decision ever from a Celtic player imo. To leave Celtic for Championship Bournemouth is an utter riddy....bizarre doesn't even begin to cover it.

Good riddance....played for himself ; I wont miss watching him blaze it over from 30 yards out 4 times every game.

Royal looking *.

AussieGreek likes this.
  5. Ak1

Mental how Christie’s career played out at Celtic

Think we paid Inverness £250k for him, left him there for a while, stuck him in the reserves and then out on loan to Aberdeen.

Suddenly Rodgers selects him for a semi final, he scores and is supposedly indispensable.

After a 6-9 month spell where he did look good, he lost collective focus and went individual trying to ‘cash in’

I’d summarise as
    Under valued
    A brief spell on fire
    Over confident, and badly advised looking to promote his own career

£1m is still a profit on the silly sod, but he leaves with little respect

Dan Breen likes this.
  6. BigDoggyWoofWoof

I can understand why people are happy to see the back of him, but £1m is buttons and we'll never replace him this season. I'd be tempted to see if Ange can get something out of him in a squad where most of the old culprits will be away.

7. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Good luck to him and hopefully we get a decent price for him , hopefully the management learn from this and don’t let your better players take the * and run down their contract .
    Kennedy and Strachan take note .

8. AussieGreek

Thank *, we don't need more lunatics going off at other players in the middle of a game IN IBROX against the huns when they themselves are among the worse performers on the field.

9. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

They have just put a note on their iPad.

10. celticdaft238

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    It still feels like we've been hard done by. The way he's played recently aside, it will cost far more than the £1M we get to replace him with someone at the same level ability wise.

McGrory1888 likes this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. James Gold Member Gold Member

You can hold a lot against him for last season but I wont hold shouting at Kyogo against him it was clear as day it should've been squared

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.
  13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

£1m does seem like absolutely * all.

Perplexed as to why we gave out a contract extension that concluded part-way through a season. Bizarre.

It may be Ange that's asked for him to be sold once it was clear he wouldn't commit to be in his team beyond January.

We're losing a frustrating player but one that scores goals, assists and brings energy to the team. That needs to be replaced today.

14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I don’t think he’s perceived as being nearly as toxic by his teammates as he is by some supporters.

He stays fit and available, covers as much ground as anyone, and isn’t afraid to put himself about. * decision making at times but never short of effort.

He’s performed very well this season so far, and feels like a player well suited to the style of play Ange wants us to play. Personally, I think he’ll be a big loss and we’ll not be able to replace him before the window closes.

Mickmac likes this.
  15. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I'd understand if he wanted out to the premiership but it's the championship.

16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Thing is he is one of our most mobile and quick midfielders.

Yes he was * last season but he has changed his tune this season, and game against them but he wasn’t the only one.

Ange wanted him tied down to a new deal and that’s the thing for me, Ange wanted him here, now our most mobile midfielder is Cal Mac who will burn himself out having the others around him.

This is blow because we are not going to replace him with someone who has his engine.

Mickmac likes this.
  17. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    This is why Christie has to go. He's lost a lot of the fans completely - they're just waiting for a chance to jump on him and criticise him. He's being blamed for shouting at Kyogo. Can you imagine if it was the other way around and Christie had shot and missed and Kyogo had gone mental at him - a lot of the same fans criticising Christie now would take Kyogo's side and Christie would be the greedy selfish glory hunter only in it for himself. He'd be the one criticised whatever the situation was.
    Why would he stay and play for fans that hate him. I'd go if I was him. It's our loss cos it would take £5-10m at least for a direct replacement as good as him.

McGrory1888, JED and King of Kings like this.
  18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

The day he even looked badly towards kyogo was the day I would have paid to be rid. Break a leg.

19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    His agent is the same * as Armstrong, Turnbull, his da also in his ear!

20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Have you ever been to Burnley? It’s a * hole.

Maybe it’s to do with the area and it’s a beautiful place to live Bournemouth.

Mr Shelby and thailandceltic like this.