1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Window poll.. Happy.. Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by thailandceltic, Aug 30, 2021.

Discuss Transfer Window poll.. Happy.. Yes or No? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    What times it close at so I know what time I'll be disappointed at

Artorias likes this.
  2. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I can see us signing Giakoumakis, Jota and a CB, we need a CM and LB on top of that but I'd be surprised if we got either.

3. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Another 3 with the other 2 basically confirmed would be a good ending to the window. Doubt it’ll happen though

4. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    If Starfelt is our only business for CB this window the board need taken out hung from a * Esso station, IL Duce style.

Wait, who the * am I kidding ...

If course he is.

Doesn't change the FACT that we badly need a LW, a CB, a LB and at least one * striker.

I expect a loan for one if those positions. That's it.

A nice wee bank will be made with Eddy and Christie gone, and the board will instruct Ange to deliver the "couldn't get them over the line" patter, followed by "we've done some great business and blah blah blah".

In board speak. "That's your lot, shut the * up, bend over and take it like you always do".

Following Celtic is like playing Champ manager 03/04, make board request for additional funds to get 200k more to break a release fee clause...

"The board believe you have been given adequate resources to attract players of a sufficient quality".

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    Leone Naka Fan and Artorias like this.
  5. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

then summer window then 2023 january window then summer then ohh that money thats spent on running costs and shareholders dividends

6. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Are you high?

:56:

Slaw likes this.
  7. Yorkshirecelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    That polish defender from barnsley helick. Big lad. Now called to the Poland squad. Young too. Scores as well. Trust me he will smash this league. Not a rumour but one of my suggestions.

8. Thebs

If we are getting such a small fee for Christie I think I would rather we kept him and let him go on a free. Its not like this money will be invested and we stand to gain so much more getting automatically into the champs league next season.

9. themouth1888

Said in another thread the board have played a blinder with Edouard. Waiting till deadline day before selling. That way we get the good old it's too late to spend the money excuse.

That money will be locked away for good. The Greek boy and Jota will come in but we lose Edouard and Christie so are we actually potentially worse off with these boys being new??

Come on Celtic spend the money tomorrow and make me look like a *. I dare you to.....

oh bhoy, Artorias and Hammy89 like this.
  10. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    No chance, thats a 10m center half..

11. DannyBhoy_1990

With Eddy and Christie going this becomes a massive day but also a great opportunity. Having brought in circa 30 mil in transfer fees from Ajer and Eddy there should be no excuses about getting in 3-4 first-team players in. Happy with GG and Jota coming in so that leaves a replacement for Christie and CB top of my wishlist. Replacing Christie will be pivotal as on his day he offered us pace and drive from midfield that we don't have elsewhere in the squad. Would be happy with a prospect such as McCann but with the money coming in from Eddy now could be the time to splash out and get tried and tested European quality. Emphasis needs to be on starting 11 players and not squad players.

12. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Id rather get rid of him. * is * and seems like a cancer on the playing group..

13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    We need a replacement for Christie, that's not Jota. We needed a left winger before Christie leaves. Christie was played out of position as a necessity.

GG
    Jota
    McCann
    Center back
    Left back
    Left wing

If we had any aspirations, we'd get that in and we have no excuses as the money is there.

We won't though as our board has proven time and again that they don't have aspirations and only care about their bank balance.

I'd also push through deals for Barkas, Boli and Griffiths who will not feature at all this season and are a drain on finances.

Artorias and DdoubleD like this.
  14. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Sorry but anyone who thinks we are sighing 4/5 today you are gonna be disappointed. GG and Jota is the lot with a CB on loan possible but don’t count on it.

Sentinel likes this.
  15. jambo_cfc

Vuskovic joining hamburg on a 2 year loan with option to buy , we should have been all over that

16. Mr Diggler

We will obviously bring in the Greek and Jota today with Edouard going and possibly Christie although that seems less certain. The word seems to be we are signing a centre back(Carter Vickers maybe) and I have a feeling the market could move fast today with lots of deals being done. A loan for a PL reject could well be likely, should the right name come up. An absolute dream of a day is Lovric and Mooy so I expect to fall well short of such fantasies.

17. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I * hate this board.

Sentinel and Avatar Daizen like this.
  18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Two out and the two known ins is not remotely enough.

Scales, is he a starting left back for us? I'd be surprised, but if he is then so be it.

But we still badly, really * badly, need a new Cb as well.
    Julien isn't the best either and has his own weaknesses.

Almost every club now knows that all our potential makeshift backlines are very weak and to be got at.
    We need someone else in with real presence and stature, take control and all that.

I'll be happy with the window if we get that in.
    But will still need to do work come January.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

HenriksRightBoot likes this.
  19. DonnyCelt

With Edouard AND possibly Griffiths going we need another striker as well as the Greek lad.

Jota is a winger which we needed anyway so he's not a replacement for Christie. So McCann maybe? Ebimbe?

Defense is still our weakest position. We cannot end the window without another CB.

20. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It´s the most important of all positions. I´d go as far as to say that until it´s sorted, Ange will have a major problem in fully implementing his style of play.

Any opposition manager worth his salt knows our weak spot. It will be exploited time and again, undoing all other improvements. Add to that our chronic habit of not being able to defend set plays.

This needed addressed this window, not in January (or later).

Peej likes this.