1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Sh*the players you loved, and great players you hated...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Aug 30, 2021.

Discuss Sh*the players you loved, and great players you hated... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    With the imminent transfer of Eduoard, thought it might be fun to take trip down memory lane.

Eddy is a fantastic player, but he's sullied his reputation with most fans after a prolonged period of looking like his head was anywhere but here.

Got me to thinking.

What are some * players you loved?
    And some great players you hated?

For moi;

Enrico Anonni: Limited ability, and more often than not, a liability. But how we all loved him so. Man was utter lunatic. Bombing about the backline wearing gloves in the summer and wearing two different colours of boot. Celebrated like an utter zoomer and * hated the Huns. You could never doubt his commitment or his passion for Celtic. And despite being relatively *, he did in occasion put in some absolute cracking performances, especially against Der Hun. Utter rocket. Loved him.

Mark Viduka: Great player. Utter *. When we were first linked with him I was well excited. After weeks of him dicking about waiting in an EPL offer that never came, I was less enthused. Then after he signed, he sat in the stands at a home old firm. He didn't even watch the game. He just played footsie and giggled with his girlfriend while we got horsed. Then after four days, he * off to Australia, claiming he was "too stressed to play".I hated the * from then on.

Yes he was good (most of the time) on the pitch, and scored some great goals. But then there was the infamous Caley thistle scandal. Asked what was wrong by the number 2 coach (he was playing *), Viduka tells him to put someone else in, takes off his boots and * them across the room. Now if course all if this only came out a few years back, but at the time Ian Wright labelled him "a disgrace". That was enough for me.
    Spitting on opposition players, generally disliked by his teammates and being rightly accused if being a "fat lazy *", Viduka downed tools. If you think Eddy has been bad, this * was in a whole other planet.
    He got his wish. Moved to Leeds, and then compounded my hatred of the * by claiming he "never gave anymore than 70% at Celtic" in attempt to * himself up to the Leeds support and English press.

We bought Chris Sutton with the fee we received.

Yourselves?

steg, Wllm, bobs1974 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mr. Slippyfist

Loved Bobo - very limited footballer who coat us big at times, but he loved this club and was an absolute collosus more often than not. Not many will know, but he was an absolute big gentleman - half his wages every week went back to Guinea to build schools and houses etc

Aiden McGeady - hated him. Had all the potential to be as good a player for the club as Jimmy Johnstone was. Apart from one season where he was exceptional, he was a greetin-faced wee bawbag, SPL defenders quickly caught on to his wee * flickey boot trick after a while, and guys like Ross Tokely were able to boss him.

3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Viduka is a good shout, cracking player but a total *.

4. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Agreed on McGeady- he was too * greedy. Liked a dive, as well.

I liked Mark Wilson- not sure if he falls under *, though. Quiet, humble player.

5. bigmac7288

Di Canio Guy was a brilliant footballer and kicked the Huns all over the park but he is a total * off a guy

stew37, bobs1974 and The Phoenix like this.
  6. Belgian_lad

Bobby Petta, i loved the guy. On his day he was brillant. But bar one season he was * for us.

i never warmed to Kris Commons.

steg and Mr Shelby like this.
  7. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I never knew that.

No wonder we couldn't get him off the wage bill lol.

But cracking stuff from the bigman.

Reminds me of Bellamy. Alot if noise about him being greedy etc. Most of it coming from his teasing of some hammer thrower at Clyde when told him "you'll be cutting my garden this summer". But he was running charities and schools in Africa, which was why he wouldn't lower his wages so we could get him permanently.

Loved him.

Sydneysider likes this.
  8. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Hated: Bellamy, complete bell end who annoyed me no end for no actual reason I can articulate.

Loved: too many to mention as my teams in the 80/90s growing up were pretty much full of them: Grant, Galloway, Rogan, Morris, Whyte, Payton, the list goes on ...

9. Lemmykilmister

Think samaras falls into both categories unplayable when he was up for it absolute dogshit when he wasn’t loved to hate the glorious haired big *

10. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The infamous Efe Ambrose. For all his faults you couldnt help but like the guy.

[​IMG]

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Scott McDonald good striker for us but because of helicopter Sunday wasn’t liked

I’d put Barry Robson down I dont think he was * far from it but he wasn’t exactly flair stuck to the basics and did it very well I liked him a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I would happily boil Commons alive whilst his Mrs watched.

Belgian_lad likes this.
  13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I didn't like Commons. His stats are undeniably good but I could never take to him. Just not my style of player. Before anyone says "so you don't like players who score goals" I mean in his style of play etc. Slow, cumbersome, could be greedy as *.

His career as a pundit has just made that even worse.

Pish or average players I'm not as sure. Will have a think.

Belgian_lad likes this.
  14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Not sure if there's any * players I loved tbh.

Hated Kris Commons. Seems like a decent guy away from football, but when he's playing or talking about football he's a *.

15. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Di canio. Comes with * load of baggage but a player

bobs1974 and The Prof like this.
  16. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Big Bobo the man mountain, the guy was only 5 minutes away from his next * up but he loved the club and the fans and was always happy to sign autographs and pose for pictures with the fans .
    Loved that big guy .

steg, bagforlife, bobs1974 and 2 others like this.
  17. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

Never liked Stokes even tho he scored goals, I can’t even articulate why. Sometimes you just get a vibe from someone that you would think they are a * if you knew them.

Wouldn’t say a * player per se but an under appreciated contribution during our post MoN downsizing… Paul Telfer

bobs1974 and littlekennie like this.
  18. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Wee fat commons

Officer Doofy and Mr Shelby like this.
  19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I liked Donati and Crosas even though they were crap for us.

Commons was a good player but don't like him since he became a tabloid mouthpiece.

20. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I was taking my family on holiday when we bumped into big Annoni at Glasgow airport. My youngest daughter told him that he was her favourite player as he had the same hair as her dad. Big Annoni picked my daughter up, gave her a wee peck on the cheek and said that he was her biggest fan for having such good taste. Cracking big guy.

steg, Senna s1979, Fontaine and 8 others like this.