1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Heb Celt

A fit Griff with the same game time scores twice that.Not that I’m suggesting to release him,that’s just daft.

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Oh aye, because he had that one season about 7 years ago.

A fully fit Griffiths doesn’t get near this team because he’s not good enough.

Belgian_lad likes this.
  3. Heb Celt

A fully fit Griff doesn’t get near this team because he’s a lost cause and lost the fans supports.Same game time he’d far out score Eddie.

4. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Why is this * still here? He is completely toxic and * rotten as well. We’ll win * all with him leading the line.

Noskeil likes this.
  5. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Pathetic yesterday, I just hope it didn't put off possible suitors. Toxic, lazy and a complete premadonna. * achieved nothing in his career thus far, acts like he's won the lot.

6. Maestro 08

Still lacking confidence imo, problem is, when you can't be arsed to put the graft in its very difficult to play your way out of a tough spell.

Thought we would get rid of him but I think a club would be daft to pay the quoted figures. He doesn't look very good.

7. david100825

Just get the money in and move on. Can see Griffiths loan and Nesbitt in. Two birds.

8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Best he moves on now it seems.

For all parties.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  9. Maestro 08

Has went from undropable to unpickable in my eyes.

Is a man down whenever he plays. Ajeti must be very disheartened.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  10. JamesM09

I don't see selling Edouard as a question of finance anymore. Whether we need to raise money, make profit etc. isn't really relevant.

For some time now he hasn't been good enough to play for Celtic as a striker. Kyogo has given him a showing up and I don't think it would be hard to get another striker in that would do the same.

It's extremely unlikely he will recapture any sort of form that can be passed as good enough, so we need to move him on and take what we can get.

11. Maestro 08

The issue now is who is going to pay for him, let's be honest he looks hopeless. Any visiting scout will be warning their clubs off. I wouldn't be recommending him.

Let's hope they go off old YouTube videos.

JamesM09 likes this.
  12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Teams would still pay for him.

In modern football, the amount of money that gets passed even for the most average of players is mad. The main worry I suppose is them knowing that in 6 months they can get him for * all. However, depends how desperately they want a striker to make some impact this season.

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I get that you’re annoyed with his performance but achieved nothing? By saying that you’re also saying every player who’s won trophies while he’s been here has achieved nothing, by extension.

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    At least 20 goals a season, even when he’s not playing well. That’s generally a benchmark people use for strikers we sign, to hit 20+ goals and Edouard has done it every season we’ve had him.
    Neither of these sentences are true.

15. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Many strikers in world football would score 20 goals a season for Celtic, given some of the opposition we are up against. Particularly when they afforded the opportunity to hit penalties.

Guys like Lawrence Shankland and Liam Boyce would score plenty for Celtic in the league, doesn’t mean I want them leading the line for us.

A strikers goal tally doesn’t necessarily mean they are good enough to take us to the level we want to be at, and it also doesn’t take in to account how much the team needs to cater to him which affects how our new manager wants our team to operate.

Edouard is the complete antithesis of what Ange wants his players to demonstrate in terms of work rate and commitment, and has so many deficiencies in his overall game it’s unreal.

His ‘movement’ is non existent, often misses sitters, rejects the opportunity to finish chances and elects to try and chip the keeper presumably to make his highlight reel look good. His touch is often poor, * at holding the ball up, turns the ball over more than anyone in our squad. Complete *.

There’s a reason we’ve not had a bid for him in more than a year, no top club wants this * waster as their focal point. Not one.

AussieGreek likes this.
  16. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Usual revisionism going on in here when players go through a sticky patch.

Weird how folk are acting as if this guy wasn’t our best player by a mile for large parts of the treble after treble seasons..

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It's not a sticky patch tho, is it?

He's mentally checked out, even with the amount of chances we're creating now he still looks like a shadow of himself.

He has quality and class but its best for all of he goes now, with thanks.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  18. themouth1888

He doesn't suit how we play at all. Far too lazy in the box for what we need. I think we could be stuck with him though unless something happens very quickly.

Would rather see him out left than Kyogo

19. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Some sticky patch this is, guy canny trap the baw ffs.

Also, and I can’t stress this enough, the treble after treble years are gone. History.

Reminisce all you want but it doesn’t make our present situation any better.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  20. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Depends what u determine as a sticky patch. His ability for me is not, and never has been, in doubt but he is completely devoid of confidence now. I don’t know what the cause of that it is - perhaps it is because he’s mentally checked out or perhaps not.

99 times out of 100 he buries that chance. And if he does that then the theme in this thread is completely different. Guaranteed.

Irregardless, the points you are making are irrelevant to my initial post there. The problem I have is that some people are trying to re-write history in terms of his ability/performances over the years for us because he is going through a rough patch just now.

Bizarre take for me.