1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Huns V Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Aug 26, 2021.

Discuss Huns V Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    I thought we were unlucky today, but it was far better than it has been against them recently. I think if we had played Kyogo down the middle from the start we would have won.

2. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    Had a few hours to let the emotions die down. On the positives we deserved at least a draw and if we had taken our chances would have actually won, defensively we looked better (apart from the goal) starfelt even looked a bit better (again apart from the goal) we still have players to come back, and also hopefully a couple of signings, and the obvious mistake in the game (playing Eddie and not Kyogo through the middle) the manager has already acknowledged.

The negatives are obviously, it makes for a terrible start to the season, gives them a boost and the media a field day to start hammering us, on the park we still struggle with set pieces and for some reason don't have men on the posts, it's also highlighted how short our squad is on cover, the last thing and maybe not everyone will agree, I love Anges style of play and his philosophy, however there are times when launching the ball more than 10 yards is the correct thing to do, there were times (like against alkmar) when we were causing ourselves issues playing overly risky passes when the correct option was to go a bit longer.

Overall though, gutted to lose to them, however looking at logically, plenty of positives and signs if we get a few things right going forward the league will be back home

3. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I'm still raging Stevie as there's some * having a party near me with all the usual hun songs. Also had to drive bye that cesspit the Bristol Bar earlier and they were all out partying in the usual hun manner. It's all we will hear in the smsm over the next week or two and the gloating will be unbearable. We got it totally wrong today and our weaknesses are plain to see. The board need to back Ange now or we will struggle to win our league back from a well drilled, but average hun side.

Sydneysider and Stevie6767 like this.
  4. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    Hopefully they all end up battering * out each other, like a typical hun celebration.

Your right though, still need some signings and board owe us bug time, so hopefully get a few in before the window shuts

Sydneysider and Wee Baldy like this.
  5. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Think overall thats fair. We didn't deserve to lose but having said that we did very little to really threaten them until that last 10 minutes or so when Kyogo went through the middle. I was thinking about the hour mark this game has all the hallmarks of a 0-0 as neither side was really hurting the other.
    The big up side for me was Jauranovic looked good on his debut and Starfelt had a good game. All in all the back 4 actually played quite well for the most part. The disappointment was in our attacking players who had little impact going forward.

Wee Baldy and The Don like this.
  6. JamesM09

I think someone said on Twitter something along the lines of, "Gutted but not worried". That probably sums up my feelings too overall.

I honestly feel we lost today because Ange didn't make a sub on 60 minutes. I think if he makes any sort of change then we take back some initiative and go on to win the game.

There was something horribly routine and predictable when we hit 60 and still hadn't made a change. They were * but they were turning the screw and we couldn't get on the ball at all. It was such a boring, sanitised second half. It's like we were acting out last season's displays from a script.

--> They slowly take control of the game. (55 mins)
    --> We refuse to make obvious change. Can't get possession. (60 mins)
    --> They continue to convert possession into set pieces and corners.
    --> They score (65 - 70 mins)
    --> We make the change immediately after, but they can now shut up shop and defend with no pressure on them, hit us on the counter.
    --> Lose the game in the most boring and pathetic, panicky way.

I really just can't get my head around why we played like that today. Why did we just play into their hands like that? Ange is a clever man, how could he ignore what was happening? What was he hoping would happen by holding off?

With Lennon, I would always put lack of changes down to pure rage and shitebaggery. Like Lennon, it seemed to me, didn't want to make the change because if he did and it went * up he would be in the firing line. He would rather just get angry at those on the field.

Ange, to me, seemed to * it today in that second half. He seemed to hope we'd just hold on and something would happen out of nowhere.

What a statement it would've been to bring on Rogic and Soro on 60 mins and grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Even if we lost, I would've been happier seeing something tried rather than that lame duck loss we ended up with.

7. saltire78

Huns have a simple game plan against us - sit back and remain organised and wait for our inevitable defensive * up or set pieces, which we can't defend worth *. During actual play they just physically smash us about to shut down our creativity and to stress our defensive players at set plays.

It works for them, and we've apparently no response to it. Fair * to them, we'd do the same if we could... We're a team that's great if the opposition let us play, if we get ahead or THEY * up and let us in. In recent times they * have done none of those, so now it's an age since we've been confidently beating them.

Wee Baldy, oh bhoy and The Don like this.
  8. ddub11

Only home after a day om the *.....gutted about today ,cant see the thinking behind taking kyogo off the front line.Imo that caused us the game,eddies * and doesnt put any fear into the oppositions defence,our midfield was * today which woories me and i think we had one shot on goal up to 84 min?that sjust not good enough.Ilook forward to see anges reaction to this mess.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  9. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Disappointed in the result,but Celtic will only get better.We had a lot of players making their debut against Sevco in front of their Orcs.The experience will bode them well.We certainly deserved a draw.

Wee Baldy, bobs1974 and Sydneysider like this.
  10. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    * set pieces always, reminded me of the exact same goal they scored at Parkhead.

11. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    In the longterm it may not prove to be a bad thing. A win might have given our board the impression that we were the finished article and no more signings needed.

Ange can now see Kyogo must play in middle.

Start putting a run together and get 3 more players in.

We are still quite a bit away from being a squad that have the players to implement Angeball against good teams but we are already a match for the huns, and Ange got the set up wrong.

We will only get better but our board need to get signings in to allow the manager to do his job

12. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I really do not want to say this but I will.
    I reckon Edouard does not want to go to another club at present. He likes his contract terms at present and intends to run out his contract and then become a free agent.

He wants to make himself an unattractive prospect if he can not get the money he wants per week at another club.
    He believes he has time on his side because of his age. So he plays crap and misses sitters so he avoids being picked for this transfer window which will close tomorrow.
    Why would he choose his right foot to have a go when your natural instinct would be to use your left foot given the body angle he was in and where the goals were. It is beyond compehension. He put the ball at least 4 feet past the upright and out.
    Take a look again, you will see what I mean.

13. Mr Hoopy

Pish sleep last night.

We have come on leaps and bounds though in only 6 weeks and will only improve.

We can do it.

Keep the faith. HH

bobs1974 likes this.
  14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Its a learning game for the new manager. Still light on reinforcements aswel. If forrest was fit eddy is benched for kyogo in the middle. Eddy simply sucked the life out our attack. We need another winger or two. Anyway I seen enough to show we are the better side, they never cut us open once. We cut them open 3/4 times. Mainly as soon as kyogo was in the middle. I believe we will win this league. They had nothing up top.

With 66% possession we need to do more attacking.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    Wee Baldy and bobs1974 like this.
  15. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Not long woke up and I'm still gutted, Ange really did make a big mistake with Eduard up front and kyogo out wide thet young guy is wasted out there not a winger by any means, and Eddie is a shodow of his earlier performances, he needs gone asap

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

16. john2061

Yesterday was like putting on the same movie with the same outcome and we saw this last season as well especially in the 1-0 games against them we have four or five great chances against them and we don't take them and they get one chance and they take it and takes me back when Walter Smith was in charge of the real rangers .

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  17. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Still a tough one to take. Was a great chance to get a win at Ibrox with them having their manager, RB and GK out and then being off form. We created the better chances in the game and looked more solid than them at the back. But we didn’t take our chances and they scored one of theirs and that’s football.

Positives are that we competed well, after Hearts no one would of saw anything but a loss here and we probably should have won or at least drew. The gap has closed significantly. New full back looks good and it’s only the 4th game of the season.

Need to just forgot about it and go on another winning run.

Wee Baldy, NomDePlum and honda like this.
  18. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    Corners against us always worries me we’re not exactly the big dominating team we once where in the box years back, I thought they where average at best and we only never took something because of our own poor decisions and finishing, we will bounce back stronger from this Ange is doing something special here and it’s only early days.

bobs1974 likes this.
  19. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Looked at the second half chances. Definitely not sitters. Good chances mind you. Christie's insistence screwed up Kyogo's decision making for the second.

20. Trequartista

Sad wae it.