1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Carl Starfelt

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jul 21, 2021.

Discuss Carl Starfelt in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Not the best but not really toubled, 2 or 3 weak moments when he allowed Roofe to back in and go down for fouls when he should be sneakier and smarter. Untroubled with Morelos though but then again not really anything to do.

Their goal Helander got above him but it's zonal marking and what happens. He wasn't marking him and you are never going to out jump a guy who is running.

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Just making excuses for his pathetic attempt at defending it tbh. He was atrocious for their goal. Cost us the game.

3. Foley1888

For me you can’t put their goal on him and in the Roofe cases the refs a joke.

To allow one of their main goal threats a free run with no one blocking him or getting in his way is criminal. We obviously are at a massive height disadvantage to them back there but you then need one of your other players at least holding up delaying Helanders run so Starfelt can head clear.

Really summed up how we played today, there was no working together and teamwork just a bunch of folk looking to pass the buck and being ultra safe.

If anything I felt our defence done ok on the most part but were badly let down by the midfield and forwards.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  4. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    We I think were mainly let down by Edouard and i'd actually say Ralston in terms of attacking.

Edouard * us for any sort of running or movement and playing him meant Kyogo wide. Ralston also affects our balance in terms of how we play, it's not really his fault unlike Edouard who is too dumb and slow to react and easy to mark but playing Ralston means we always play more down the left because thats where we have easier access to getting up the park. That meant Abada who should have been one of our most dangerous players playing against Barasic who is a poor defender who cant run hardly got a touch of the ball.

Turnbull also was less effective because he was on the right a lot as well so it was always Christie, Juranovic and Kyogo on the ball with no movement or help from Edouard and Abada and Turnbull passangers who rarely got involved.

Juranovic right-back, Kyogo through the middle and we'd have been far more dangerous.

5. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I thought he had a decent game today. Made a couple of dodgy decisions and has to stop hugging the opponents.

Wee Baldy and TheHappyLoss like this.
  6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Cost us the game.

* me.

Not Edouard missing a sitter. Not Kyogo not squaring it.

Starfelt for a header that nobody is that team in defending.

7. Damnati

Surprised by the general reaction in here. I thought the defence were good today and it was actually one of Starfelts better performances. The midfield and forwards were missing. Helander ran off somebody for the corner, more of a tactical issue than his fault. Seems like he's already a scapegoat.

Wee Baldy, AdamRS, neilly1987 and 2 others like this.
  8. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    He looks so uncomfortable when he receives the ball

The Phoenix and RiquelmeCSC like this.
  9. Dubliner1

Starfelt did well enough today. Welsh was the player who was suppose to pick up Hellander at set pieces

10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That’s utter pish too. Welsh is on Balogun, Starfelt is on Goldson

Helander is the extra man, it’s a well worked corner, I don’t know why people are desperate to blame someone and pin the loss on them. It’s so * pathetic it’s unreal.

Damnati, Wee Baldy and neilly1987 like this.
  11. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yes, he does get too tight.

neilly1987 likes this.
  12. Dubliner1

Just quoting what the pundits were saying regarding who was suppose to be marking Hellander. I'm defending Starfelt here as well

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Pundits have no idea. Welsh is nowhere near the ball, he’s not a free defender, why would he be the one to pick him up?

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Aye, cost us the game. What is that last sentence even supposed to mean?

15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You’re not mentioning any other moment in the game that changes the outcome, moments we could actually control more than the corner.

You’re blaming Starfelt for a header nobody in the team is stopping. I’m still not sure what you actually expected him to do, he could of out a better challenge up… but it’s an extra man, with a run up, who he probably didn’t even see coming.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Which moment actually changed the outcome of the game? The one where Starfelt was pathetic at a corner.

I expected him to at least jump more than 5 inches off the ground to challenge for a header. His challenge for it was embarrassing. He was looking right at the ball and showed no real effort to get to it first, it was far too casual.

17. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Gave away some horrendously stupid free kicks but generally think you are right.

18. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    The hun had a running start on him which helped with his elevation. Anyway the hun should also have been marked or his run blocked. I won't blame Starfelt today

19. Onefootwonder

He looks spooked when he's got the ball at his feet. He panics and kicks it anywhere even when he has time.

20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Still no excuse for why it looked like Starfelt had rocks in his boots when he jumped. If this was a one off I'd be more forgiving but he's had a * up in pretty much every game he's played for us.