1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Huns V Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Aug 26, 2021.

Discuss Huns V Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Big C

Starfelts best game for us so far.

2. Dubliner1

Definitely positives to take forward from today. We have to get a fit James McCarthy in to the starting line up moving forward. Another big strong centre half required if Jullien doesn't get himself back in to the fold

3. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Compared to last season we have improved, the game could have gone either way. If we lose at home to them in December I will be worried, for now I believe we are heading in the right direction.

bobs1974 likes this.
  4. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Some people are slaughtering him but I have to agree with you. Helander scored for them but he was not Starfelts man.

5. AussieGreek

It was so predicable.

moravcik1888 likes this.
  6. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    We have a squad of 36 players.

7. celticdawg

Get that everyone is sick at the result but theres some amount of selective viewing of the game , anyone that cant see improvement from last season is letting the hurt get to them !!
    We defended better than i though apart from the usual lapse at a set piece Jullien would be a massive player to get back if only for that reason .

bobs1974 and Orsenfelt like this.
  8. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I thought we were reasonably good in the first half if a little predictable. Huns went up a gear second half and we didn't match them. Still, some positives to take from it including a reasonably good game from Starfelt.

bagforlife and bobs1974 like this.
  9. Wizard of Oz

I'm going to put a positive spin on this game. We turned up to their gaff with no fans, dominated the possession and created the only proper clear cut chances. We were unlucky not to score and they were fortunate to win. At Celtic Park, they'll have less of the ball and the chances will be in a greater number for us. We'll have Jullien returning, Juranovic bedded in the team and possibly reinforcements at the back from signings. They will be forced back and hit with a far stronger onslaught than today. We have more than the potential to tear them to pieces come the next game against them. The job is simple, keep the intensity we've shown up until now. If we do that, we will move aside all the other teams in this league. They will drop points before then because their chance creation is stale and teams (like United) have figured them out. We've grown fast and have so much firepower in us now that we can go on an unbeaten run to January.

Mickmac, bobs1974 and celticdawg like this.
  10. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I wouldn't trust any beyond 13/14 to play a part in a title winning season. That's the problem.

11. Liam Fraser

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Honestly thought it was a poor game of football. We controlled the first half but failed to produce anything of substance outwith Edouards chance. Don't get some playing Starfelt for the goal. Looked like Welsh lost his man. Second half we lost it.

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    What I thought also and it was us weakened by not having Kyogo through the middle.

Was a game we could and should have won I think, we were pretty comfortable on the ball. Didn't really give them an oppertunity, Morelos and Roofe I don't remember having a shot, all their shots I remember were from Kent and from outside the box and pass-backs really.

We created 3-4 good chances and had to score.

Last season we looked more of a mess at the back and we never really created 4 good chances against them in one game, probably only 5/6 in total in all the games.

bobs1974 and Hammy89 like this.
  13. wulliebad

And 20 of them are not good enough.

jimbobers likes this.
  14. Cringer67

And so do you with utter * like your first comment.

Hammy89 likes this.
  15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    On a side note...While they continue to get results like this at Ibrox there is NO chance of them giving a decent allocation to our fans.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  16. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Time for a fire sale.

17. alex_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys Of The Old Brigade
    A long way to go but a big couple of days ahead. Don’t think we can afford to wait for Jullien as far as centre halves over 6ft go so maybe need to try and find a loan signing there. If the Greek striker comes in to replace Eddie then I’m happy with that. Which leaves LW as an essential signing before the end of the window - Christie cannot play there again.

In terms of the game, played reasonably well for long stretches but just got a bit overwhelmed in the second half when they started pressing. Looked better once Rogic came on as we had more of an outball.

bobs1974 likes this.
  18. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Aside from the outcome, I'm reasonably content about where we are. Was almost doomsday scenario we found ourselves in pre-season.

Similar to the other night, we fell into bad habits. And 3 key players in our attacking sense, picked up from where they left off on Thursday. Eddie should have scored in the 1st half. And we would have something to build on. They played for a bit of territory at the start of the 2nd half. Built a bit of pressure through a succession of free-kicks(some very debatable) and corners. Which they got their goal from. Poor on our behalf.

We struggled to build through McGregor as we did in the 1st half. Down in part to them crowding narrow, as they have done in previous games. They brought on the Sheff United guy and had two narrow lines of three, one in front of our defence between McGregor, and another between McGregor and the rest of his midfield partners. We didn't recognise or use the wide areas enough for me in the 2nd half.

When we did play through or around we passed up the opportunities. On the one where Ryan Chrisite mumped and moaned about the ball being squared. I don't think it was an egregious decision by Kyogo to take on the shot. And then maybe with the previous incident in mind, he tried to square it instead. Christie while he had a case for not the ball not being squared. He wasn't exactly imperious in his decision making. Indeed, his last two outings have been pretty similar to last season in terms of his decision making.

I see similar comments post-match from Ange with regards to the options available to him. I don't have any gripes with his line-up. However, here we are again, into another season not prepared or settled in terms of the squad. Right-back signed a couple of days ago, into the team at left-back, because we have limited options. Even if Juranovic started in his most comfortable role, it shouldn't be acceptable that we're going about our business like this, for the umpteenth season running. Go back to the comments again from Dom "giving Ange the tools and putting him in the best position possible". In my opinion, that's not the case or what is playing out/has played out in front of us.

There is a lot of promise and a fair way to go in the season. But today's result is not a crucial blow or final nail in the coffin moment. That's more likely to come if this board don't get it right when it comes to giving this manager and group of players the additions it needs to succeed.

19. celticdawg

You mean the huns came into the game 2nd half after being second best 1st half ?
    Cant remember them creating a lot of chances although we are all * ourselves when they get a set piece , we had 3 good chances after we went behind never seen them going up a gear tbh

20. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I thought they started the second half up a gear and had it for about 15mins.