1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

But there was options. That's the point. He sat like a shell shocked Lennon and done nothing.

2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He should've left Edouard on the bench.

Free the Adblock likes this.
  3. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    They know sweet FA about the Scottish football context, and it’s been proven today.

I’m not going to be too harsh on Ange, as it’s a learning curve, but I’m pig sick of guys who’ve never had anything to do with our club coming on and telling us exactly how it’s going to be, when in reality they haven’t a clue.

Edit: As BigJessie said, not referring to all the Aussie posters here.

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Options from the bench were poor, but the manager cannot be criticised for that, what he can be criticised for is not making an effort to at least try and change it earlier.

5. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Here's hoping that piece of * never wears the hoops again

6. Henke102

Got it wrong today, but not his fault Edouard, Turnbull and Christie senior squad players didn’t turn up.

Concerning when they never even had slippy in the stadium, and still tactically out done us

Damnati and James Mc like this.
  7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Absolutely at fault for the loss today regarding his tactics and subs late on in the second half.

Getting beat by a weakened side and their assistant manager is a rid neck.

They had set our their game plan and Ange never adopted to change something before it was too late and it cost us.

Credit when it’s due and criticised when it’s due.

Today was a marker to be set and we * * it away.

I am not saying this lightly or panic saying this but I can’t see us winning league if we can’t beat them at their worst.

Artorias likes this.
  8. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Classic bipolar celtic fans on here man :56:

Damnati and Marie like this.
  9. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Honestly think on another day that match was ours. We didn't take our chances where I think we would of on another day. Like everyone else am gutted to lose today but I seen enough in today that says we will take points off them this season.

Our team is still gelling. It will only get stronger

Damnati and JC Anton like this.
  10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

International break, window closing....

EL qualification against the odds, 3pts behind the Huns..

Lots of exciting attacking intent, this game maybe a bit of stretch and he made mistakes in selection and game management but was also let down..

But, come on we are night and day from last season..

Bedding in new players and philosophy.

The positives far outweigh the negatives.

11. Scubaroo

Not having taylor I think was a big issue, not because he's any good but because ange felt we needed to play jovanovic so soon which meant using inverted full backs and putting that on jovanovic so soon was too big of an ask.
    Shouldve used Montgomery instead of jovanovic and kept playing inverted fullbacks.

Not a great match but we did have chances to put that game away.

Ababa had a shocker but when you have someone like edouard playing the way he has, it gives the opposition the confidence to concentrate their efforts on shutting Ababa and kyogo out.

12. Lewis Kerr

To be fair, a lot of fans were calling for Edouard to start through the middle today. Have a look at the match thread and you'll see that. I didn't want him to but after his showing against AZ you can see the thinking behind it.

What has happened to our fullbacks coming into the middle in the last few games? This is very important to how we play but I didn't see it once today or against AZ away. We looked pretty clueless today for the majority of the game. We didn't know how to break them down and that was something I didn't expect at all from us.

My only criticism of Ange is today is the late subs. He should have reshuffled the pack at half time, I don't know why he waits so long when it clearly isn't working. It was the same against AZ.

A great opportunity missed considering the huns were missing several players and didn't look like world beaters. Ange needs to have a long, hard think about how he is going to get this team of mental midgets to believe in themselves more. The second half today was like Lenny ball, and too many players (Christie and Turnbull especially) reverted to their form last season.

JC Anton likes this.
  13. James Gold Member Gold Member

If feels like you either have to be wearing Postecoglu pyjamas or want him sacked on the spot there is a clear middle ground. He's not above criticism. We've absolutely made progress since he came in but there is genuine causes for concerns as well for as good as we've been at home we've been equally as bad away that's us played 5 away and won 1 against a poor Czech side losing the other 4

craigtheceltic and Cena like this.
  14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Montgomery could have prevented a lot of our problems today, had he started. Postecoglou should have faith in youngsters who play well.

15. James Gold Member Gold Member

Juranovic was fine today as was Ralston the only thing that cost us today was the forward line

AussieGreek likes this.
  16. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Praising someone when they do well and criticising them when they make mistakes isn’t bipolar.

It just isn’t blind loyalty and apologetics at all costs.

17. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Ange has been done over by the board. We all knew the bench was poor before the game. I think most agreed with his starting line up. This is why we need another striker.

18. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Today will stand to the players and Ange. They had 1 player in starting 11 playing in first game v us, we had 6 starting

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

19. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    of the 2, I’d say that Kyogo’s touch and pace make him more suited to left if both players being pigeon-holed in to the formation.

The issue is nullifying our best attacking player doing so.

Didn’t work at all today, and Ange has said as much.

I don’t believe switching them and playing the same formation works though. I think edouard would have got even less out of it than kyogo did tbh but it’s all about opinions dude.

Again, if edouard goes then ALL focus needs to go on a proper left sided option with real quality. Frankly it’s needed anyway. Forrest and Abada should both be considered right hand side. We don’t have a genuine talent on the left

20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I disagree mate, I've seen enough so far to tell me that we can 100% win this league.

The only player they really missed today was McGregor, Balogun was MOTM today and made them look a lot more assured defensively

I stated earlier that the honeymoon period is over for Ange now, and he made mistakes today, but this team is still adapting to his tactics, not to mention we have * like Edouard and Christie playing who clearly have their mind elsewhere.

When we play them in January we should hopefully have a new LW playing, McCarthy, Jullien, Scales and Forrest available and Kyogo through the middle, it'll be a different story then.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021